Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGun

Quote from: Grufflez on March 01, 2015, 09:18:27 PM
Quote from: jfitty on March 01, 2015, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: Grufflez on March 01, 2015, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on March 01, 2015, 02:25:16 PM
Biggs is looking good now that libba is out

Biggs was always looking good as a hungry young player starved of opportunities but coming from a top notch system in the Swans.

I've had him locked in from the start, but wondering why he didn't play yesterday?

+1 and we need to find out why.

just had a small knee knock in training, nothing major. they just didnt want to risk anything. he is training fine

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: hawkboy80 on March 02, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on March 02, 2015, 12:25:03 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 02, 2015, 12:04:34 PM
Based on this ... And given his job security is 100% ... Surely Nathan brown must be picked even for a bench spot ... Surely 50-60s would be good enough as that would be all we would be likely for from a cheap defence rookie ? Thoughts

yeah i'm locking him in, not much point in picking a guy who gets a couple of 70's then gets dropped
Brown a definite lock at D7, just don't expect anything over 60avg

+1 locked at D7 for me

I'm keeping a strong eye on Sexton. I watched him a lot last year, played 18 games so JS is solid but I want to see how his next 2 games go. Not going to jump on board just yet because he tonned up

I reckon Touk Miller will be a goer from rd1 too

Hoping one of Goddard, Miles, Hamlin etc pop up to take D8 - the more the merrier just incase Jones/WhiteX don't start

I think Hogan, Clark, Karnezis, Salem, Lambert and possibly Steele, Lonie and Krak are the only rookie forwards I am going to touch. All the rest around that price wont cut it

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 02, 2015, 03:08:35 PM
+1 locked at D7 for me

I'm keeping a strong eye on Sexton. I watched him a lot last year, played 18 games so JS is solid but I want to see how his next 2 games go. Not going to jump on board just yet because he tonned up

Hoping one of Goddard, Miles, Hamlin etc pop up to take D8 - the more the merrier just incase Jones/WhiteX don't start

I think Hogan, Clark, Karnezis, Salem, Lambert and possibly Steele, Lonie and Krak are the only rookie forwards I am going to touch. All the rest around that price wont cut it

Sexton and Miller are worth a look but gee whiz there is a lot of talent in the Suns midfield to compete with

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 02, 2015, 03:08:35 PM
Based on this ... And given his job security is 100% ... Surely Nathan brown must be picked even for a bench spot ... Surely 50-60s would be good enough as that would be all we would be likely for from a cheap defence rookie ? Thoughts

yeah i'm locking him in, not much point in picking a guy who gets a couple of 70's then gets dropped

+1 locked at D7 for me

agree with everything said in this entire post RD. Sexton is a definite watch for mine ... No have hallahan at m6 right now as I think he is comfortably going to go 90 hence make $150k but prior to this addition to my side I had henderson/Macmillan at d6 but I think the other option scores more

The_Captain

60... Can't see him getting even 50.... Anything that comes up will be better than him!

hawkboy80

Quote from: The_Captain on March 02, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

60... Can't see him getting even 50.... Anything that comes up will be better than him!
while i agree with u that he has always been irrelevant from a supercoach point of view, given what we've got atm even 45-50 "guaranteed" from a D7 sounds good till things settle a bit

The_Captain

Quote from: hawkboy80 on March 02, 2015, 04:19:20 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on March 02, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

while i agree with u that he has always been irrelevant from a supercoach point of view, given what we've got atm even 45-50 "guaranteed" from a D7 sounds good till things settle a bit

Yeah also issue is that he is so injury prone also.. Which doesn't help us unfortunately!

Ricochet

Bob Murphy has singled out Wallis and Josh Prudden as boys to step up as inside mids

Money Shot

What roles do Karneziz, Miller (From GC) and Garlett (GC) play?
I don't really want to pick those small forward types in my midfield just coz they are so prone to having a bad game but I don't even know what these guys play.

honza

Quote from: Ricochet on March 02, 2015, 07:12:21 PM
Bob Murphy has singled out Wallis and Josh Prudden as boys to step up as inside mids

Prudden is the only one fantasy relevant here, simply because there's too many better options in the mids than Wallis.

Big Mac

Quote from: Money Shot on March 02, 2015, 07:39:34 PM
What roles do Karneziz, Miller (From GC) and Garlett (GC) play?
I don't really want to pick those small forward types in my midfield just coz they are so prone to having a bad game but I don't even know what these guys play.

Karnezis - Tall mid/fwd - Hasn't really been able to cement a role in the past, but wait and see how he goes in the NAB - Just an awkward player because of his height
Miller - Hard inside mid (will be hard to break into GC's midfield though, especially now that they've added Hallahan)
Garlett - Wing/Midfielder (can break lines and makes good decisions when he has the ball, also has decent endurance. Although I think it will be a while before we see him in GC's lineup)

roti

Interesting thing to look out for, could well come to nothing but wait and see.

Kamdyn McIntosh (123k back) talked up all pre-season as someone who could break out this year, so was a bit surprised he didn't play on saturday considering we played all our kids. Hardwick made this even more confusing on Sunday when he singled McIntosh out as the player to watch out for as a supercoach steal. Hardwick did say that the 15+ blokes who are likely to play round 1 but didn't against the doggies would play NAB 2. Could McIntosh be included as one of them? Still pretty unlikely for mine but doesn't make much sense not picking him in an u23 team after a good pre-season and then talking him up as the supercoach steal of the year.

Grufflez

Quote from: YoungGun on March 02, 2015, 02:05:57 PM
Quote from: Grufflez on March 01, 2015, 09:18:27 PM
Quote from: jfitty on March 01, 2015, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: Grufflez on March 01, 2015, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on March 01, 2015, 02:25:16 PM
Biggs is looking good now that libba is out

Biggs was always looking good as a hungry young player starved of opportunities but coming from a top notch system in the Swans.

I've had him locked in from the start, but wondering why he didn't play yesterday?

+1 and we need to find out why.

just had a small knee knock in training, nothing major. they just didnt want to risk anything. he is training fine

Cheers mate.

Grufflez

Browns scoring history is awful to say the least,hmmm still dunno about him.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah it's horrible, but if there are not enough rookies with solid JS I think we need to sit him at D7/8 just to get that 40-50 instead of a donut