The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy123

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 20, 2015, 08:16:02 PM
Heeney has knee tendinitis

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-20/setbacks-for-young-swans

Doesn't sound like much of a problem, but as we know he is no lock to break the 22 yet

Should play nab. Will definately lock him in if plays well

aussied

Josh Cowan Geelong. -  theres been abit on his progression coming back from injury in the last few months, will be good to see him on the field :) from what ive read he is highly valued.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Holz on February 21, 2015, 02:48:12 AM
Quote from: meow meow on February 21, 2015, 02:33:17 AM
Tuok looking likely for round 1

Huge fan of him, tough team to crack into though.
Likewise am a fan of Touk but I have the same reservations as Holz.

The fact that Rocket gave the suns players a Rocket after their match simulation last week however seems like there are spots available.

Quote from: Vinny on February 20, 2015, 09:15:31 PM
Unfortunatley, don't think we will make the Top 8 man, we are going through a semi-rebuild. I'd expect anyway between 10th and 15th. Gonna be a tough year but will be good to see our new youth develop. Gotta look ahead!

All the Blues supporters you see on Facebook, BigFooty (:P) are all just really positive/crazy and think we can make Top 4 every year, hahaha.

Hopefully we see a lot of Cripps, Boekhorst, Smith, Jaksch, Rainbow etc.

This sums up 99% of Carlton supporters I know.

Think their side will promises them the world, but in the end the only delivers an atlas. Can only win premierships with brown paper bags under the table  :P

sammy123

Apparently boekhurst played well in the intra club

Bones Bombers

Quote from: sammy123 on February 21, 2015, 11:05:45 AM
Clem Smith was also one of the best performers. Anyone know if Matthew Dick played? Didn't see him mentioned at all.

shaker

He is listed on here as 184cm and 69 kg's unless he has been into the weightgain 5000 can't see him having the body to be considered to be ready to play AFL

sammy123

Quote from: Bones Bombers on February 21, 2015, 04:17:30 PM
Clem Smith was also one of the best performers. Anyone know if Matthew Dick played? Didn't see him mentioned at all.

Dick didn't play. Viojo rainbow did though. But didn't get a mention

Bones Bombers

Quote from: sammy123 on February 21, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
Quote from: Bones Bombers on February 21, 2015, 04:17:30 PM

Dick didn't play. Viojo rainbow did though. But didn't get a mention
Ok, thanks Sammy!

RaisyDaisy

Clem Smith has been going very nicely - much better than the club would have anticipated I bet. Reckon he is a serious chance to line up rd1, as is Boekhorst

Ricochet

its weird, I've always thought Clem was seriously overrated leading up to being drafted. Was fat, got lost defensively and yeh just didn't rate him lol. If he makes it, goes to show what some can achieve in the AFL system

MC

http://www.scpaige.com.au/breakout-contenders-patrick-karnezis/

Does anyone else notice how frequently SC Paige articles contradict themselves..?
Look at this:

"He is undoubtedly in Collingwood’s best 22, giving the forward line a different dynamic and a third tall that the Pies are lacking."

Then shortly after:

"For less than $20,000, you can upgrade Karnezis to certain-starter, Mitch Clark."

"There is no doubt that potential for 70+ SuperCoach scores is there, but its all whether or not he can stay fit and hold his place in team."

---------

Wow, undoubtedly in the best 22... Jesus Christ. Who does he replace? I'm certain that Jesse White would be in front of him for that extra forward support role, and even he isn't guaranteed games.  ???

Vinny

Haha yeah, they've turned into spastics.

Money Shot

Yeah I don't really take much interest in SCP anymore hahah

sammy123

Paige herself is a collingwood supporter. Hence that comment

Jackross10

They are only useful for late outs, and quarter by quarter scores.