The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grufflez

It's kind of now or never for North Melbourne i don't see then taking many chances this year with playing many rookies early.

Ricochet

Quote from: Grufflez on February 20, 2015, 02:25:57 PM
It's kind of now or never for North Melbourne i don't see then taking many chances this year with playing many rookies early.
Hawks played Langford all year

If kids are good enough, they'll play

Grufflez

Quote from: Ricochet on February 20, 2015, 02:27:12 PM
Quote from: Grufflez on February 20, 2015, 02:25:57 PM
Hawks played Langford all year

If kids are good enough, they'll play

I think that's very true but not many are going to be that good, and Hawthorn is a different kettle of fish compared to North, just look at West Coast's lack of giving young guys a chance because the coach was under pressure as a first year & just higher expectations from the club, but yeah agree thee odd ready to go rookie can get plenty of games. Just feel North will want the strongest start possible this year more than ever.

Rusty00

Nielson wouldn't be a big scorer though would he, being a rookie key defender?

I guess low scoring is better than 0 ;)

Ricochet

Patrick Cripps dominating in the Blues intra apparently

Ricochet

Boeky is also playing well by the sounds

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on February 20, 2015, 04:35:20 PM

Doesnt say much... Blues are shizenhower.

RaisyDaisy

Heeney has knee tendinitis

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-20/setbacks-for-young-swans

Doesn't sound like much of a problem, but as we know he is no lock to break the 22 yet

Vinny

Quote from: The_Captain on February 20, 2015, 06:42:17 PM

Round 6 on the 26th of April 2014, at Etihad Stadium, Carlton defeats West Coast (92-89) after kicking 5 goals in 10 minutes in what was one of the greatest comeback efforts of the 2014 season.

;)

Money Shot

Im obviously bias here but surely Carlton are a fighting chance for top 8 this year with the solid off season they have had?

JBs-Hawks

Solid off season? Your only afl standard ruckman just went down.

The_Captain

Quote from: Vinny on February 20, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on February 20, 2015, 06:42:17 PM

Round 6 on the 26th of April 2014, at Etihad Stadium, Carlton defeats West Coast (92-89) after kicking 5 goals in 10 minutes in what was one of the greatest comeback efforts of the 2014 season.

;)

I never said we weren't shizenhower either Vinny ;)

The_Captain

Quote from: Money Shot on February 20, 2015, 08:23:41 PM
Im obviously bias here but surely Carlton are a fighting chance for top 8 this year with the solid off season they have had?

Will only drop from last year.. Anywhere between 10-15

Big Mac

Quote from: Money Shot on February 20, 2015, 08:23:41 PM

Where is the improvement going to come from? I honestly can't see it. Even if Richmond and Essendon drop out from last year, one of those spots would be Gold Coast's and both Adelaide and West Coast would be far closer to the other one. Then you also have to worry about Brisbane and GWS who will both be fielding much stronger sides next year.