The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Fantasy Freako @FantasyFreako  Feb 12   
Keep an eye out for young Swan Daniel Robinson. Could be the Jake Lloyd of 2015. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

Like many Swans, Robinson dominated the NEAFL, avg. 128 #SuperCoach and 109 #AFLFantasy pts. Likely to be used across half-forward in '15.

123.9k mid

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 14, 2015, 04:11:10 PM
Keep an eye out for young Swan Daniel Robinson. Could be the Jake Lloyd of 2015. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

Like many Swans, Robinson dominated the NEAFL, avg. 128 #SuperCoach and 109 #AFLFantasy pts. Likely to be used across half-forward in '15.

123.9k mid

Cannot see how he would play in front of Isaac Heeney and he is unlikely to play.

honza

Which Swan didn't dominate the NEAFL ffs.

sammy123

Heeney is in line first. Longmire said so. But NAB will decide

frenzy

Mason Wood has to go on your watch list, debuted round 23 last season and kicked 3 goals ( I realise this was against the Demons) He was killing them in the VFL all last season and it took dumbass B.Scott all season to debut him. If he gets a go in NAB, he could tear them a newone and could quite easily line up round 1.

Holz

Quote from: frenzy on February 14, 2015, 10:53:49 PM
Mason Wood has to go on your watch list, debuted round 23 last season and kicked 3 goals ( I realise this was against the Demons) He was killing them in the VFL all last season and it took dumbass B.Scott all season to debut him. If he gets a go in NAB, he could tear them a newone and could quite easily line up round 1.

who does he push out?

they brough it waite, turner is trying to break into the forward line.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: MC on February 12, 2015, 06:07:09 PM
Quote from: sammy123 on February 12, 2015, 05:42:01 PM
There tipping maynard from collingwood to play rd1

I doubt that so much! Would be great for SC if true, but who comes out of the 22 for him? He might get a few games through the season, but it won't be rd 1.

I was reading some old threads today and people were saying the same thing about Langdon this time last year. I'm not giving up on him just yet.

felsty

Quote from: Holz on February 14, 2015, 11:05:41 PM

who does he push out?

Saw an article the other day that said he is looking to play exclusively on the wing this year to break into the team. Has the tank for it!

frenzy

Quote from: Holz on February 14, 2015, 11:05:41 PM

who does he push out?

One of the colors, Black or Brown, as both coming back from trips to the pre-season doctor and may or maynot be ready for the season opener.

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-18/giants-man-of-steele

However that's not the case for Giants draftee Jack Steele who has already impressed co-captain Callan Ward with his work on the training track this pre-season.

Steele, selected by Greater Western Sydney with pick No.24 in last year's NAB AFL Draft, was the first player selected from the ACT through the club's academy program.

"He's been so good this pre-season," Ward told the club's website on its Australia Post Community Camp in Canberra.

"For an 18-year-old, he's been training the house down.

Jackross10

H1bb3i2d

Read an article in the Age about Murray Newman impressing and being in the frame for round 1. Would need an LTI to be upgraded, but with Waters' announcement to come, I'd say watch this space.

Ricochet

Daniel Nielson one to watch
117k DEF

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-02-20/a-chance-to-step-up

Thompson said Joel Tippett, Robbie Tarrant and recruit Daniel Nielson have the ability to fill the void and offer support in North’s defensive half.

“It’s a big loss for the first half of the year without ‘Narni’ (Grima) so hopefully he can get back as quickly as possible, but it opens the spot up for someone else,” Thompson told NMFC.com.au.

“Tippo (Tippett) and Taz (Tarrant) have been training really well and Nielson has also been going well, so all three talls are really looking good.”

The 193cm key defender said the trio each bring a different dimension to the Roos’ backline.

“Taz is really good one-on-one, his ability to run off his opponent is probably his strength,” Thompson said.

“Tippo’s a big-bodied defender... and he’s got great closing speed so he’s really good at shutting down an opponent.

“Daniel is just competitive, he goes hard and can close people down.”

Nige

Did hear that Jack Crisp and Jordan De Goey are looking good for a Round 1 debut and the rookie Michael Manteit has been really impressive but needs to be elevated first.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on February 20, 2015, 01:02:47 PM
Daniel Nielson one to watch
117k DEF

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-02-20/a-chance-to-step-up

Thompson said Joel Tippett, Robbie Tarrant and recruit Daniel Nielson have the ability to fill the void and offer support in North’s defensive half.

please be Nielson