Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: eaglesman on January 25, 2015, 11:48:52 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on January 25, 2015, 10:32:09 PM
Quote from: MC on January 25, 2015, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 09:30:18 PM
What were the options In defence this time last year? I remember there being almost none until the nab challenge came around and guys like Langford popped up. It will sort itself out

Spot on!

Feel like I had Langdon Langford McDonald and Kolodjashnij locked in early and they stayed in my side ... There definitely is not 4 options this season
Please give us something NAB Cup

Not so sure about that eagles :P

Quote from: eaglesman on January 31, 2014, 12:08:20 AM
Houli Hurn Henderson grimes suckling kolodjashnij (fuller gardiner)

Ablett Fyfe Murphy Beams BEllis Martin Xellis  (Garlett, dunstan)

Nic Nat Sandi (thurlow nankervis)

Dangerfield Martin Franklin Zorko Bock Taylor (Impey Kersten)

Ok maybe nt locked but in my side, I started both KK mcdonald Langdon and Langford I assure you ... Langdon actually started in the middle for me though but was still defensive cover ... I remember KK missed round 1 and I decided to start him similar to the way I did with Terlich the year before

But you have way too much time on your hands to actually go and look for that

Haha I know but that's my point. It's January and things look bleak now of course but players always pop up.

Haha no I didn't look for it, I was just having a look at some teams from this time last year to see if my memory was correct about there being no defenders and saw your team ;)

eaglesman

Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 11:53:22 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on January 25, 2015, 11:48:52 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on January 25, 2015, 10:32:09 PM
Quote from: MC on January 25, 2015, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 09:30:18 PM
What were the options In defence this time last year? I remember there being almost none until the nab challenge came around and guys like Langford popped up. It will sort itself out

Spot on!

Feel like I had Langdon Langford McDonald and Kolodjashnij locked in early and they stayed in my side ... There definitely is not 4 options this season
Please give us something NAB Cup

Not so sure about that eagles :P

Quote from: eaglesman on January 31, 2014, 12:08:20 AM
Houli Hurn Henderson grimes suckling kolodjashnij (fuller gardiner)

Ablett Fyfe Murphy Beams BEllis Martin Xellis  (Garlett, dunstan)

Nic Nat Sandi (thurlow nankervis)

Dangerfield Martin Franklin Zorko Bock Taylor (Impey Kersten)

Ok maybe nt locked but in my side, I started both KK mcdonald Langdon and Langford I assure you ... Langdon actually started in the middle for me though but was still defensive cover ... I remember KK missed round 1 and I decided to start him similar to the way I did with Terlich the year before

But you have way too much time on your hands to actually go and look for that

Haha I know but that's my point. It's January and things look bleak now of course but players always pop up.

Haha no I didn't look for it, I was just having a look at some teams from this time last year to see if my memory was correct about there being no defenders and saw your team ;)

This time last year teams consisted of at least a or both kolo and McDonald though ... We can't even find one rookie this season

quinny88

McDonald was an automatic start in most, don't remember KK being in that many though.
Langdon and Langford stood out after the nab cup but even then people were saying Langford wouldn't get games regularly at Hawthorn.
Not disagreeing that it feels hard to scramble a couple of rookies together this year but I'm still pretty confident that a few will pop up and be named round 1 as they are every year.
Wouldn't be that much of an issue if there were at least a decent amount of defender premiums but there seems to be bugger all of them either  :o

meow meow

Langdon seems to be a lock in the Pies starting back 6 but some dodgy preseason form could see him make way for Manteit or Maynard.

MC

Quote from: meow meow on January 26, 2015, 12:11:33 AM
Langdon seems to be a lock in the Pies starting back 6 but some dodgy preseason form could see him make way for Manteit or Maynard.

Almost no chance of that happening. He was one of our most consistent players, alongside Frost last year. He showed some amazing signs in his first year of senior footy, no way will they drop him for an untried rookie based on the NAB cup alone... 

Dayze

Agree with Quinny, I've said it a few times, it will sort itself out in a month when the nab starts
Options will present. Carlton, Saints, Adelaide and collingwood all with very unsettled backlines and positions available.

Be flexible and see what ur team looks like with Waters at D6 but it really is worst case scenario.

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on January 26, 2015, 12:11:33 AM
Maynard getting a gig would be a godsend.

Ricochet

Will have to keep an eye on Alex Neal-Bullen. He dislocated his knee again today

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on January 27, 2015, 03:27:32 PM
Will have to keep an eye on Alex Neal-Bullen. He dislocated his knee again today

Pretty much no chance of playing round 1 regardless of his knee injury.

Jackross10

Quick Q. Lambert and Krak, we all seem to have them cause they are basement, are these guys any chance at getting a game?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 27, 2015, 08:16:55 PM
Quick Q. Lambert and Krak, we all seem to have them cause they are basement, are these guys any chance at getting a game?

I cant see how Krak gets game, but heard nothing but great things about Lambert so hoping he gets elevated and plays

Hoping the same for Vandenberg too

kilbluff1985

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 27, 2015, 03:31:23 PM

what makes you say this? had been very impressive at training prior to injury

ben_020285

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 27, 2015, 10:44:40 PM

He's been solid at training but hardly impressive. He might play a game or two this year but Roos won't play him round 1. He would need to dominate NAB to have any chance of playing round 1.

Petracca is the most likely from the 2014 draft to play round 1 for the Dees and even he is unlikely to feature straight away.

Jackross10

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 27, 2015, 11:16:48 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 27, 2015, 10:44:40 PM

He's been solid at training but hardly impressive. He might play a game or two this year but Roos won't play him round 1. He would need to dominate NAB to have any chance of playing round 1.

Petracca is the most likely from the 2014 draft to play round 1 for the Dees and even he is unlikely to feature straight away.

Surely Petracca and Brayshaw would be close to locks at getting early games, well that's what I would have thought.

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 27, 2015, 10:40:40 PM
Quote from: Jackross10 on January 27, 2015, 08:16:55 PM

I cant see how Krak gets game, but heard nothing but great things about Lambert so hoping he gets elevated and plays

Hoping the same for Vandenberg too
I expect Lamby to get his elevation at some point during the year a la Miles, but I don't think it's gonna be at the start of the season. When he gets elevated, jump on.

I assume Krak will have to prove himself after getting a second chance at Port, that could take a while and then being rookie listed, he'll still battling for an elevation with Sam Gray who got chances last year (they've also got Tom Logan on the rookie list but I think that's a similar scenario to Matt Thomas at Richmond who'll be elevated when needed).

Vandenberg's a gun, again like all rookies isn't a walk up because of being rookie listed, but he's probably one of the best chances of all the rookie listed players of popping up for us.