The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

How good will Hogan be? :o
apparently he is dominating this pre season and should be a lock, but isn't he a key forward who wont see to much of the ball playing one of if not the weakest side in the comp.
I'm going to choose him and put him on my bench but I was just wondering why people are so faithful in him.
Will he score heaps more points then players like Hugh Goddard, Caleb Daniel and Nathan Krakouer?

RaisyDaisy

For 130k he is a must

The kid is a beast, and should play every week.

LOCK

Money Shot

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 24, 2014, 11:47:58 AM
For 130k he is a must

LOCK
I have locked him in.
Does he warrant a spot as my 6th forward or should we play him as an emergency just to be safe.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Money Shot on December 24, 2014, 11:50:31 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 24, 2014, 11:47:58 AM
For 130k he is a must

LOCK
I have locked him in.
Does he warrant a spot as my 6th forward or should we play him as an emergency just to be safe.

could be a decent 6th forward i plan to have 2 or 3 guys fighting for that spot including Hogan

ADEZ

Quote from: Money Shot on December 24, 2014, 11:47:01 AM
How good will Hogan be? :o
apparently he is dominating this pre season and should be a lock, but isn't he a key forward who wont see to much of the ball playing one of if not the weakest side in the comp.
I'm going to choose him and put him on my bench but I was just wondering why people are so faithful in him.
Will he score heaps more points then players like Hugh Goddard, Caleb Daniel and Nathan Krakouer?
He's the most assured for game time by the looks of it, kicked 39 goals in 15 games in the VFL in 2013 so he is very capable against bigger bodies...
Goddard will play quite a bit IMO, Daniel may struggle in his first year and Krak may play (promotion pending) if an injury occurs to a back flanker/pocket of small forward if his form is right

RaisyDaisy

I wouldn't be too concerned about that at this stage

I think most people are going to have cheap and rookie forwards from F5-8, then just rotate them around depending on who is playing and scoring the best

I currently have Clark at F5 and Hogan at F6, with Goddard and Krakouer on the bench

Money Shot

Okay sweet!
Clark F6 Hogan F7 and Krakouer F8
thanks guys.
There was lots of talk about Lamb but not so much anymore any reason for that?

eaglesman

Very passionate Eagles fan here ...

Can't see the fantasy relevance of Duggan lamb or cavka ... Will be fightimg for spot and you want regular playing rookies ... These blokes will not be regulars I assure you

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: eaglesman on December 24, 2014, 12:57:13 PM
Very passionate Eagles fan here ...

Can't see the fantasy relevance of Duggan lamb or cavka ... Will be fightimg for spot and you want regular playing rookies ... These blokes will not be regulars I assure you

As another Eagles supporter I totally agree

I think Cavka would be the best scoring Eagle rookie, but cant see these boys getting much games in 2015

eaglesman

I'm sure they will be good players for us ... Just not cash cows for supercoach ... Players like yeo still to break out ...
Thoughts on Newman! Feeling like he is the missing link for us ... If has any preseason form I actually feel like we could have a sc smilie on our hands

Jroo

Quote from: eaglesman on December 24, 2014, 01:47:11 PM
I'm sure they will be good players for us ... Just not cash cows for supercoach ... Players like yeo still to break out ...
Thoughts on Newman! Feeling like he is the missing link for us ... If has any preseason form I actually feel like we could have a sc smilie on our hands
Yeah I like Murray, reckon they'll play him next year as a fwd.

honza

Murray's in my forward bench at this stage.

hogan2014

As a supporter of the Dees and reading forums etc. I reckon Hogan will start every game (injury/rest excluded). Also Lulumba to play more midfield so I great back pick. As for the other cheapies. Salem, Brayshaw and Petracca. keep an eye on Vandenberg and Newton. Also think Garlett will play every game at 259k

Jukes

Quote from: hogan2014 on December 25, 2014, 10:59:36 AM
As a supporter of the Dees and reading forums etc. I reckon Hogan will start every game (injury/rest excluded). Also Lulumba to play more midfield so I great back pick. As for the other cheapies. Salem, Brayshaw and Petracca. keep an eye on Vandenberg and Newton. Also think Garlett will play every game at 259k

Hogan is the dee's best forward, ofc he'll start every game he's able to. Lock and load.

eaglesman

Hogan probably the most popular in supercoach this season
Garlett shouldn't even be a consideration
Lubumba could be good but I feel much safer paying extra 70k and having hibberd shaw