The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Thought it would be a good idea to list all the rookies who we think are good chances of lining up Rd1 next year, so that when putting together our teams now, at least we have a rough idea of how many rookies there should be available on each line, which in turn will hopefully help you decide on your structure

These guys obviously are not guaranteed to start, but lets list the players we think are solid chances and good options for now

DEFENCE:
Harrison Wigg
Daniel McKenzie (D/M)
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Hugh Goddard (D/F)
Matthew Dick (D/M)
Nathan Brown
Darcy Moore
Zak Jones
Sam Colquhoun
Brendan Whitecross
Oscar McDonald
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Mitchell White (102k)
Nick Newman (102k)

MIDFIELD:
Nathan Krakour (M/F)
Jack Steele (M/F)
Alex Neal-Bullen
Damien Cavka
Nathan Freeman
Jayden Laverde (M/F)
Aaron Vandenberg
Blair Boekhorst
Isaac Heeney
Trent Dumont
Kane Lambert (M/F)(102k)
Nakia Cockatoo
Sam Blease (M/F)
Angus Brayshaw
Christian Petracca (M/F)
Liam Duggan
Nathan Van Berlo
Brad Walsh (102k)

FORWARD:
Caleb Daniel
Daniel Menzel
Kieran Harper
Daniel Markworth
Jesse Hogan
Patrick Karnezis
Kyle Langford
Robbie Tarrant
Ahmad Saad
Mitch Clark
Nick Kommer
Jonathan Freeman
Tim Membrey
Christian Salem
Brodie Murdoch (F/D)
Brendan Abbott (102k)

Some of these guys need to be elevated

Please let me know if I have missed someone who you think is a solid Rd1 chance, or if I should remove someone because they're not a good option

Ricochet

For Freo mate, don't be surprised if Weller plays before Blakely and Mora.

For WCE, Cavka has impressed early.

Steele is a M/F too man so can put him in the fwds if you want.

Not sure on the latest on Vandenberg's shoulder but he had a recon in October. Which means he'll push for RD1 but it'll be more likely a few games in before we'll see him

Apparently Kommer may not be ready for RD1 either but haven't seen much on it.

LF

Not sure but Tyrone Downie might get games.
Will Garlett get any?

RaisyDaisy

Cheers Rico, accidently forgot to put the M/F next to Steele so will do that now

Didn't list Weller as I thought his price didn't really make him an option. Already had Cavka there, and as an Eagles man I am keen to see him get games :)

I'll remove Blakely and Morabito for now?

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 23, 2014, 12:07:58 PM
Cheers Rico, accidently forgot to put the M/F next to Steele so will do that now

Didn't list Weller as I thought his price didn't really make him an option. Already had Cavka there, and as an Eagles man I am keen to see him get games :)

I'll remove Blakely and Morabito for now?
No worries man. Yeh good point on Weller's price, but yeh keep those two boys there for now because they're still a good chance.

Another is Dumont from North. Also Abbott is a beast so could see him early.

swans15

Think Nic Newman at 102k will get games for Swans. Elite left foot kick and won the rising star equivalent in the Vfl. Recruited to fill the void left by Malceski's departure.

Ricochet

Asked the Saints boys about Brodie Murdoch here http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99857.0.html

Might be worth keeping an eye on him. Finished off the year in the side and is cheap at 198k due to all his subbed games.

Unsubbed scored where 75, 64, 55, 48

GM

Karl Amon mid rookie at Port.
Really impressing atm.

Dayze

Good list daizy.
Think Duggan from the Eagles a chance
Markworth, Darcy Byrne jones and McDonald all a chance aswell.
Looks like their is plenty of options this year. Think a lot of teams are going to blood young players early. Can see a lot of ur list being best 22 early on

Ringo

Can not see any Lions Rookies masking the Team.  Only probable at low price would be Jonathan Freeman if his price is around $200k.  Perhaps some one with SC Gold can confirm his price.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on December 23, 2014, 01:20:00 PM
Can not see any Lions Rookies masking the Team.  Only probable at low price would be Jonathan Freeman if his price is around $200k.  Perhaps some one with SC Gold can confirm his price.
173k mate

Nige

I see you've got Kane Lambert listed there RD, fairly sure he got DPP so maybe just add his fwd status to help out.  ;)

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on December 23, 2014, 01:23:57 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 23, 2014, 01:20:00 PM
173k mate
Thanks Rico and at that price would add him to forward list. Will either be Freeman or Michael Close that starts for Brisbane.

Mr.Craig

DEF: B.Whitecross, Z.Jones, B.Murdoch, B.Maynard, D. Viojo-Rainbow, T.Clurey, J.Kolodjashnij, M.Dick, N.Brown

MID: N. Van Berlo, C.Petracca, A.Brayshaw, B.Hartung, J.Anderson, N.Freeman, P.Cripps, B.Acres, B.Newton, N.Drummond, I.Heeney

FWD: P.Karnezis, J.Hogan, M.Clark, P.McCartin, J.Pickett, J.Martin, B.Lennon, T.McLean, C.Salem, E.Templeton, B.Jack, T.Membrey

Southstorm

Elliot Kavanagh of Essendon for $147k. Sort of a long shot to be in the team Rd. 1 but he's been training very hard since preseason commenced.