The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Glenn, Maynard and Daniel all on the bubble and Knight played a great 1st game.

Which one to pick though

Deadly6

Quote from: Capper on July 16, 2015, 11:58:12 PM
Glenn, Maynard and Daniel all on the bubble and Knight played a great 1st game.

Which one to pick though

Daniel. Don't think Glenn will last long when the outs come back in. Don't know enough about Knight

Slashers

RE Knight.
Van Berlo & CEY omitted, Knight holds his spot.
A very good sign if he can have a great showdown.
Not too great though, because Port have to win.

honza

Brad Walsh named 15 weeks late...

Ricochet

The_Captain

Diesels Pups

Quote from: The_Captain on July 17, 2015, 04:14:13 PM
Quote from: honza on July 17, 2015, 02:28:01 PM
Brad Walsh named 15 weeks late...

is he good or something?
Ha Ha, been playin good footy in the VFL, reckon he's going to be good. But then he'll want to go home to W.A and request a trade.

no eye deer

I think I'm going to take a punt on Knight a week early. hopefully with NVB gone he can hold his spot.
Maynard suits my structure better, but I'm not convinced on his JS and I don't want another non player along side McKenzie and Dumont. Has to be this week as Cripps has to go.

essendon

What's happened to Boston and dumont?
I've got to decide to trade dumont to Maynard before his game in an hour. What's everyone's thoughts on Maynard or another mid that'll be on the bubble in the next couple

no eye deer

Anybody rate Downie (GWS)? I was going to trade Lever to Gaz by swinging McKenzie to backs, but it would leave me with Pearce and McKenzie as my Defensive bench. Im thinking McKernan to Downie might be a better option, considering I have Steele, Lambert and Knight as mid/fwd cover.

Grazz

Quote from: no eye deer on July 20, 2015, 08:45:34 PM
Anybody rate Downie (GWS)? I was going to trade Lever to Gaz by swinging McKenzie to backs, but it would leave me with Pearce and McKenzie as my Defensive bench. Im thinking McKernan to Downie might be a better option, considering I have Steele, Lambert and Knight as mid/fwd cover.

Not a great deal of points between McKernan and Downie, Downie covers the donut should it arise. Id go that way mate tbh.

no eye deer

Yeah, cheers GrAzz, that's what I was thinking. I didn't see the game on the weekend, but apparently he looked alright. The only thing holding me back is it will cost me two trades instead of one and I've only got six left. It might be better to keep the trade and just sideways to someone if a back goes down in the finals.

RaisyDaisy

Ok, so who do we like this week?

Fields and J Kolo are on the defensive bubble, while guys like Knight and Harmes are bubbling in the mids

Goddard looks good, but we can wait another week

All the others like Prudden, Jack, Laverde etc don't interest me

I have 4 trades left, and don't need to trade, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to dump either Pearce or Kavanagh for one of these. Seems like a waste to use a precious trade just to get 50-80k, but part of me thinks I need to do it to generate funds because right now all I have is 6k :(

In 2 weeks time I'll look to downgrade Steele and then I will hopefully have 2 trades left with about 300k in the kitty which I'm hoping will allow me to luxury trade, most likely Ablett

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 21, 2015, 04:05:40 PM
Ok, so who do we like this week?

Fields and J Kolo are on the defensive bubble, while guys like Knight and Harmes are bubbling in the mids

Goddard looks good, but we can wait another week

All the others like Prudden, Jack, Laverde etc don't interest me

I have 4 trades left, and don't need to trade, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to dump either Pearce or Kavanagh for one of these. Seems like a waste to use a precious trade just to get 50-80k, but part of me thinks I need to do it to generate funds because right now all I have is 6k :(

In 2 weeks time I'll look to downgrade Steele and then I will hopefully have 2 trades left with about 300k in the kitty which I'm hoping will allow me to luxury trade, most likely Ablett

It's good you are planning for Ablett, doesn't matter how you get there but you can't let it drag for much longer. I remember Rocky last year and the enormous damage he did to my standing, that's what you will be up against.

Kav to Knight is a good trade, it will effectively maintain your DPP link when you move Steele on. Pearce has job security, he's a bit like Brown but at least he plays every week.

RaisyDaisy

Just feels like such a waste of trade. Knight to Kav nets me about 50k. Just seems like such a waste and worthless, but I just don't know what else I can do having no cash

It's ballsy, but I have considered Pearce to Fields which will allow me to turn Beams into GAJ. I've only considered it because of Beams' shoulder concern.

4 trades is handy, but with no cash and no good bench cover really, I feel like bench depth isn't an option this year so I just need to use my final trades to keep my starting 22 strong