The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on May 16, 2015, 03:34:40 PM
Not a good week for Rookies. CEY and Heeney injured, Salem and Lonie injured during the game, Hogan and Cripps late outs. Lever spudding it up and Glenn injured for anyone who took them early, McKenzie doing sweet flower all. Still a little bit of doubt hanging over Clark. Ouch.
Plus Stretch has been on for almost the whole quarter and has not touched it, what carnage!!

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Gigantor on May 16, 2015, 03:36:58 PM
Not a good week for Rookies. CEY and Heeney injured, Salem and Lonie injured during the game, Hogan and Cripps late outs. Lever spudding it up and Glenn injured for anyone who took them early, McKenzie doing sweet flower all. Still a little bit of doubt hanging over Clark. Ouch.
Plus Stretch has been on for almost the whole quarter and has not touched it, what carnage!!

Knew I'd miss someone. Vandenberg not doing very much either as one of the (usually) more reliable rookies. Also missed Saad.

Ringo

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on May 16, 2015, 03:40:31 PM

Knew I'd miss someone. Vandenberg not doing very much either as one of the (usually) more reliable rookies. Also missed Saad.
At Least Miller looks like giving rookies some redemption.

Gigantor

Quote from: Ringo on May 16, 2015, 09:24:12 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on May 16, 2015, 03:40:31 PM

At Least Miller looks like giving rookies some redemption.
Touk Touk has been great since rd 3

tigertops

And vdberg spudded it up. Only ones who will rise in $ are tarrant and touk. Bad for upgrades

Gigantor

Lever and Stretch were unconvincing
Heres hoping McBean, Amon and Dale can cement spots in their respective sides other wise its gonna be tough finding downgrade targets leading up to the byes!

HotTiges

Quote from: tigertops on May 17, 2015, 12:05:12 AM
And vdberg spudded it up. Only ones who will rise in $ are tarrant and touk. Bad for upgrades
getting to a point where you don't want VDB to play so he don't lose value..

Gigantor

Bailey Dale anyone? Would be competing with Hrovat and Macrae for a spot who both, unfortunately, had blinders in the 2's on the weekend.

He did show a few good signs today in his first game, hopefully gets named and has a big one against Melbourne next week.

Mat0369

Gigantor

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 17, 2015, 10:38:40 PM
When is Lambert back?
3-4 weeks apparently, so after the byes would be my guess.

dicko_

Quote from: Gigantor on May 17, 2015, 10:34:52 PM
Bailey Dale anyone? Would be competing with Hrovat and Macrae for a spot who both, unfortunately, had blinders in the 2's on the weekend.

He did show a few good signs today in his first game, hopefully gets named and has a big one against Melbourne next week.

I thought he looked good when he had the ball in the first half, but then checked the stats and he'd only had four touches which was a bit of a worry. Could be worth a look, but doesn't inspire confidence.

Didn't watch the Crows game, but was Jake Lever turning it over with his disposal? Seemed to have a pretty poor conversion from touches into points. And is he likely to continue to get a game?

The other one that is interesting is de Goey, who got a solid score, but not sure how he fits into the Pies side. Did he displace someone due to form in the 2s, or is he unlikely to continue to get a game?

H1bb3i2d

Really riding on Lever getting another game this week and Glenn named the next :/

Dale doesn't fill me with confidence, should be a good player but he's still a kid. Amon would be getting games at most teams but unfortunately he's a type of player Port have a lot of!

_wato

Quote from: dicko_ on May 17, 2015, 10:43:08 PM
The other one that is interesting is de Goey, who got a solid score, but not sure how he fits into the Pies side. Did he displace someone due to form in the 2s, or is he unlikely to continue to get a game?

Definitely displaced someone due to some unreal form in the two's mate, would be very surprised if he doesn't get a good run at it in the next 3-4 weeks with Melbourne/GWS/NM before the bye
Had 9 tackles today too which is superb, but the only problem I see is that it's not a very big downgrade in cash to him ($202k he is) so it may not be worth it.. Would love to get him in though

redfield

Quote from: _wato on May 18, 2015, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: dicko_ on May 17, 2015, 10:43:08 PM

Definitely displaced someone due to some unreal form in the two's mate, would be very surprised if he doesn't get a good run at it in the next 3-4 weeks with Melbourne/GWS/NM before the bye
Had 9 tackles today too which is superb, but the only problem I see is that it's not a very big downgrade in cash to him ($202k he is) so it may not be worth it.. Would love to get him in though

Yep, he was named in the best for the VFL team for the last 3-4 rounds IIRC and if he was the base rookie price then I'd be bringing him in for sure but for a tick over $200k, you're not making much. Having said that, it's slim pickings at the moment so if you really need some cash this week then he might be the correct option.

Sabretooth Tigers

:-\

Has anyone any knowledge concerning Alex Pearce of Fremantle ??
Is on the bubble this week as a defender and has an average of 53.
Would be nigh impossible for him to have any sort of job security,
just curious as have never heard of him. Cheers.      :)