The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 03, 2015, 09:49:57 PM
I am also looking at Glenn for Salem this week. I am just going to keep stockpiling cash because the guys I want haven't bottomed out in price yet (Gray for example) and my rookies are still making cash. Next week if McKenzie from the Saints looks to be going alright I might turn McIntosh into him.
Not sure Gray going to drop much more, you might jag him for 540k if you are lucky
Though I do agree with what you are saying, Sloane, Rocky, Jelwood all will drop a bit more plus lots of the rookies still have great BE's

Cotch-9

How many more weeks is Heeney out for
Is it worth bringing Gleen in for him this week

Mat0369

Quote from: Gigantor on May 03, 2015, 10:00:47 PM
Not sure Gray going to drop much more, you might jag him for 540k if you are lucky
Though I do agree with what you are saying, Sloane, Rocky, Jelwood all will drop a bit more plus lots of the rookies still have great BE's

BE of 132 this week and a projected score of 118. He might only drop to 560k and have a BE of 83 the following week but it is the cash I will make from my other rookies that will be the key. Plus if he puts up another stinker there is always the chance of getting him a hell of a lot cheaper.

Quote from: Cotch-9 on May 03, 2015, 10:02:57 PM

I would expect Heeney to be back this week. There were a lot of sub-par Swans in this weekends game.

kilbluff1985

to Risky bringing Glenn a week early imo

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 03, 2015, 10:11:05 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on May 03, 2015, 10:00:47 PM

BE of 132 this week and a projected score of 118. He might only drop to 560k and have a BE of 83 the following week but it is the cash I will make from my other rookies that will be the key. Plus if he puts up another stinker there is always the chance of getting him a hell of a lot cheaper.

Quote from: Cotch-9 on May 03, 2015, 10:02:57 PM

I would expect Heeney to be back this week. There were a lot of sub-par Swans in this weekends game.

How bad is his ankle injury?

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on May 03, 2015, 10:18:25 PM
How bad is his ankle injury?

There was talk of it just being a rest this week. I ended up trading him out in SC but there is value to him being out this week regardless as a loophole captain option if you normally use Read

YoungGun

anybody considering getting Duggan? if he has shaken off the vest he has potential to score well

Ricochet

Quote from: YoungGun on May 04, 2015, 11:31:41 AM
anybody considering getting Duggan? if he has shaken off the vest he has potential to score well
Potentially, but for some reason I always think that kids that cop vests early in the season have more chance of getting them going forward than other rookies. Not always the case I know

sprarepart

Saw footage of the Swans training before last weeks game. Heeney was shown several time training with the main group. Did not see any strapping on his ankle.  I think he has to play this week after a lose.

PICCOLLO

Heeney said to be up for selection this week.

RaisyDaisy

Looking for some opinions and suggestions please

I've been running with Ox, Saad and Tosh at D4-6 since the beginning, and it's being going well, but I had planned on upgrading Goodes this week, which would move Tosh to D7 with Brown at D8

I am now thinking of going hard and just upgrading my mids, but the question I have is, can I continue to keep going with those 3 rookies on field each week? Bench would be Brown and McKenzie

This week and next week I would be upgrading mids, then after that I could upgrade Tosh and get the 4th in

Can I get away continuing to be light down back for another 3-4 weeks? It's obviously worked so far, but I just feel a bit odd stacking all other lines and leaving that line so thin for now.

The other concern I have is that besides McKenzie who I would be getting this week if I go with this plan there doesn't seem to be any other def rookies on the horizon, although I guess I can just downgrade mid or forward rookies and then upgrade Tosh/Saad/Ox etc

Ricochet

Never been a fan of pulling the trigger early and bringing in rookies that aren't on the bubble mate. Who knows what can happen in 2 weeks with injuries/suspensions/form/selection/vests/etc

Keeper27

Quote from: Ricochet on May 08, 2015, 09:58:34 AM
Never been a fan of pulling the trigger early and bringing in rookies that aren't on the bubble mate. Who knows what can happen in 2 weeks with injuries/suspensions/form/selection/vests/etc

This.

Woppa15

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 08, 2015, 08:39:44 AM
Looking for some opinions and suggestions please

I've been running with Ox, Saad and Tosh at D4-6 since the beginning, and it's being going well, but I had planned on upgrading Goodes this week, which would move Tosh to D7 with Brown at D8

I am now thinking of going hard and just upgrading my mids, but the question I have is, can I continue to keep going with those 3 rookies on field each week? Bench would be Brown and McKenzie

This week and next week I would be upgrading mids, then after that I could upgrade Tosh and get the 4th in

Can I get away continuing to be light down back for another 3-4 weeks? It's obviously worked so far, but I just feel a bit odd stacking all other lines and leaving that line so thin for now.

The other concern I have is that besides McKenzie who I would be getting this week if I go with this plan there doesn't seem to be any other def rookies on the horizon, although I guess I can just downgrade mid or forward rookies and then upgrade Tosh/Saad/Ox etc

I've been rotating Saad/Tosh/Oxley through D5 and D6 alongside Newnes/Lumumba/Hibberd/Shaw. While my defence is the weakest line by far the rookies actually seem to be the most consistent.

I would definitely aim to be upgrading Mids and Fwds first. I think most people will be upgrading Def last and carrying those players your talking of through to the byes at least purely because the defensive options all stink! I'd rather spend 500-550k on a fallen Premo mid or Fwd than on a speculative Defender. More points per $ that way I believe, much better investment.

RaisyDaisy

I've come up with my plan of attack over the next few weeks

Will be going a week early on McKenzie, and don't really mind if he eventually turns into a floating donut

Grabbing a mid this week, then upgrading Tosh next week