The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

He also said that Templeton will be playing on the wing

At 220k he might be an option in the forwards.

AaronKirk

Having a look at the Adelaide thread most of the best 22 projections had Kyle Cheney in their best 22. He has been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-10/heart-problem-floors-crow-kyle-cheney

The chances of recovering from heart problems and playing early are slim to nil.

Does this (hopefully) open a spot up for Jake Lever?

H1bb3i2d

The Crows seem to have a hellova lotta defenders on their list.... who knows

Ricochet

Quote from: AaronKirk on February 11, 2015, 12:31:19 AM
Having a look at the Adelaide thread most of the best 22 projections had Kyle Cheney in their best 22. He has been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-10/heart-problem-floors-crow-kyle-cheney

The chances of recovering from heart problems and playing early are slim to nil.

Does this (hopefully) open a spot up for Jake Lever?
Slight over reaction man. He'll get checked out and there is a chance it could be something but usually it won't be flower all and he'll be back pretty quickly

honza

Irregular heartbeats can be anything - often just anxiety. They'll give him an ECG, maybe a stress ECG which is just an ECG on a treadmill. That'll rule in or out a hell of a lot. Not the best form to assume the worst with this sort of thing.

mark44

My opinion is that if there are no rookies in defence to choose then you have no choice but to take say 2 premium defenders and 4 mid price players , if you take in 2 to 4 rookies in defence and cop donuts early then your gone  for overall straight up, your other lines  will take a little of a hit but that's where the rookies are to be selected.

shaker

Quote from: mark44 on February 11, 2015, 10:46:36 AM
My opinion is that if there are no rookies in defence to choose then you have no choice but to take say 2 premium defenders and 4 mid price players , if you take in 2 to 4 rookies in defence and cop donuts early then your gone  for overall straight up, your other lines  will take a little of a hit but that's where the rookies are to be selected.

Looking like most will have to go down this path 2 and 4 as you say or 3 and 3 plus there is not much point having 2 on the bench not playing either the other lines my have to take a even bigger hit  :(

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-12/ask-the-coach-hinkley?utm_medium=RSS

PORT Adelaide fans are likely to see plenty of Nathan Krakouer on his return to the Power this season, coach Ken Hinkley says

"Nathan's having a really strong pre-season, and his training form suggests he'll have an impact for us in 2015," Hinkley said as part of AFL Media's #AskTheCoachSeries.

But we can rule out Colquhuon pretty much

Hinkley also gave an update on Sam Colquhoun and Jarrad Redden.

Colquhoun ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in April last year, while Redden has dealt with a raft of injury issues in the past two seasons.

"Sam's nine and a half months in from an ACL, so he's still got a little bit to go, but doing well," Hinkley said.

"And Reddo hasn't played footy for nearly two years now, but he's back on the track, which is really exciting for us because we know he's got some real ability."

sammy123

Krakouer at 106K don't mid if i do

sammy123

Just read a article on SC paige about rookie defenders. There tipping maynard from collingwood to play rd1

Can be selected as def/mid

MC

Quote from: sammy123 on February 12, 2015, 05:42:01 PM
There tipping maynard from collingwood to play rd1

I doubt that so much! Would be great for SC if true, but who comes out of the 22 for him? He might get a few games through the season, but it won't be rd 1.

RaisyDaisy

Didn't think Krak would play much as I just couldn't see how he gets in the team, but they obviously got him to play, and those comments from Hinkley are great to read. Think we can put him on the bench for now!

djbics

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 12, 2015, 06:27:31 PM
Didn't think Krak would play much as I just couldn't see how he gets in the team, but they obviously got him to play, and those comments from Hinkley are great to read. Think we can put him on the bench for now!

I was under the impression that Krak was still rookie listed and that Port were at their full complement of players??? Have they had an LTI I'm not aware of, because I wouldn't have thought either Coloquhon nor Redden would be placed on the LTI list at their respective stages of rehab?

RaisyDaisy

Boekhorst and Clem Smith, a 117k mid are leading the charge to line up for the Blues during the NAB

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-11/boekhorst-smith-in-the-mix

McKay also said DVR is a chance to play  :-\

Ricochet

Don't think we'll see Clem or DVR unless there are injuries. Boeky should be there though