The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Richmond supporters if Astbury comes straight back in to first grade does that effect McIntosh at all and perhaps make him sub material?

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on April 09, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
Richmond supporters if Astbury comes straight back in to first grade does that effect McIntosh at all and perhaps make him sub material?

Doubt it, Gordon is our preferred sub, I think Astbury will replace Batchelor. Kmac is a wingman and played on Judd last week, he may even be a sneaky chance to play on Bonts this week.

Ringo

AaronKirk

Just my opinion but Richmond would be mad to relegate their best player from round one in McIntosh to the reserves or the sub.

crowls

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 09, 2015, 12:53:39 PM

Just my opinion but Richmond would be mad to relegate their best player from round one in McIntosh to the reserves or the sub.
Agreed but Coaches have made some funny calls in the past.     Especially with rookies who are susceptable to spikes in output.

honza

Is Astbury even best 22? Hasn't played 22 games... in the last 4 HA seasons combined!

Jroo

Quote from: honza on April 09, 2015, 01:18:17 PM

Is Astbury even best 22? Hasn't played 22 games... in the last 4 HA seasons combined!
Yeah because he's had injuries. I'd have him ahead of Batch, Grimes and even Chaplin. He was one of the best defenders in the comp until he got injured last year.

About McIntosh, he's not a defender so won't affect him. Playing on a wing and push up forward (he said that himself)

honza

Hardwick on Astbury:

Quote"Dave will be thereabouts, he played pretty well last week in our VFL side so it's one of those ones with matchups," he said.

"They've obviously not got a tall forward line the Bulldogs, so all our key (backs) played pretty well (against Carlton) but he'll certainly put his hand up to play, it's been a really good recovery from the stingray sting."

"He's still got stitches in his foot but that's a common occurrence with that type of injury.

"It will be a little bit of a problem for two to three weeks but he's managing the pain pretty well."

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-admits-tigers-will-have-tough-time-covering-for-suspended-brett-deledio-20150409-1mhalv.html

RaisyDaisy

OK, so tonight we will see all of our rookies get their first price increase - Yay! :P

What are peoples thought's around who they plan on keeping for quite a while vs who they plan on trading out early? Are there any rookies that you are thinking of mooing very early?

DEF:
I have McIntosh, Saad and Oxley, and at this stage all 3 of them are staying in my side for as long as possible. They're scoring well and will continue to rise in value.

Goodes is my concern, but with WhiteX back in the frame, I'll play it by ear with Goodes. If he doesn't perform today or hold his spot I'll have no problem getting ridding of him ASAP

MID:
I've got CEY, Vanders, Cripps, Heeney and Miller. Cant see the point in trading Miller, and the other 4 wont be traded anytime soon too. They're scoring great and have plenty of money to make

I don't have NVB, Newton, Brayshaw or even Sinclair, Nelson etc. I think NVB and even Brayshaw should be held onto for a while still, but Newton is someone I think you can cull early if cash is required

FWD:
Salem, Clark and Hogan would be had my most teams, myself included. I've also got Lonie and know that people would have Lamb, Lambert etc

This is the line where I think I could be culling a cow early to use their cash to fix up my team, and Salem is coming to mind. He's scoring OK, but nothing special, and considering I have The Bont in my mids, I think I could potentially be trading out Salem as early as this week, move Bont to mid and then bring in Krakouer to open up DPP in my mids. Not saying it's a certainty, but Salem looks like the rookie I'll cull first

What is everyone else thinking?

Big Mac

Depending on how Miller/Cockatoo go today I might trade one of them for Brayshaw

Think he could hit 450k if given full games

N.Brown to Whitex and Lamb to Krak are the others I'll consider

Gigantor

Its the age old problem, you don't want to trade your good rookies because they are still making money and you don't want to trade your bad rookies because they haven't made enough

I think Salem is the way to go, or even Brown for me as I have Saad in the mids. I just wish Krak and WhiteX had waited another couple of week before playing :o

jumbo

Brown is most likely to go for me first. I moved Goddard up into the fwd line last week to get Oxley in. Got Bont's in for Ablett in the mids. So i have cash next week to go

Brown out Goddard from Fwd to Def.

Bont's from Mid to fwd and Sloane in.

Will wait and see on Krak,WhiteX

Money Shot

Will there be any rookies on the bubble this week worth looking at?

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on April 19, 2015, 10:12:46 AM

Not on the bubble but Krak is looming as a must, the question is who to cull? Not sure at this stage but it may well be Miller.

Money Shot

Quote from: Bully on April 19, 2015, 10:22:21 AM
Quote from: Money Shot on April 19, 2015, 10:12:46 AM

Not on the bubble but Krak is looming as a must, the question is who to cull? Not sure at this stage but it may well be Miller.
And if Whitex does well he could be a good downgrade option for my man Goodes.