The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosey

Quote from: Money Shot on April 05, 2015, 12:21:30 PM
Quote from: Goosey on April 05, 2015, 12:20:46 PM
Hoping CEY doesn't get the vest today, otherwise I have to take the punt on Anderson tomorrow, in hindsight, should have started Heeney, but it's not easy to get all the on field picks right!
I played it safe and started Miller and that didn't go well for me :P
I had the E on him!

RaisyDaisy

I know it's super early, but going with the 4 rookie backline, fielding McIntosh and Saad then allowed me to bring Danger into the mids

Those 3 have been super this week. Hopefully the gamble continues to pay off

Bully

So, almost through the rookie ride and have a few who may be axed next week, Miller, Oxley & Garlett. Not so concerned about Oxley at the moment given there's nothing available but feel the need to do something about Miller in the event he gets the chop. Obviously one could sit and wait it out but I feel that would be sacrificing potential earnings. I guess the good thing in the meantime is we can loophole Cripps however I want to catch the round 3 price rise.

What are people's plans? Hold or fold?

RaisyDaisy

You picked Garlett?

Miller is my M11 and he isn't even a concern for me. JOM going down helps him, and it was his first ever AFL match so I'm happy to cut him some slack

I'm happy with all the rookies I've picked for now, and will just see if they all get a game this week

I have Oxley too, but he is D8 so again not a big concern for now. Bucks said they subbed him because he was cramping hard, but who knows

All rookies stay as is for now, and next week I will review them all and make any correctional trades if there is a bolter I have missed. At this stage Brayshaw/Newton are the only two good ones I don't have, but I don't consider them musts at their price. I'll only get one if they kill it again and Cripps spuds

McIntosh, Saad, Brown and Oxley down back all fine for me
Cripps, CEY, Vanders, Heeney, Cockatoo and Miller in the guts all fine for now
Hogan and Lonie fine in forwards. Not worried about Salem, he's a rookie but has solid JS

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 06, 2015, 01:28:48 AM
You picked Garlett?

Miller is my M11 and he isn't even a concern for me. JOM going down helps him, and it was his first ever AFL match so I'm happy to cut him some slack

I'm happy with all the rookies I've picked for now, and will just see if they all get a game this week

I have Oxley too, but he is D8 so again not a big concern for now. Bucks said they subbed him because he was cramping hard, but who knows

All rookies stay as is for now, and next week I will review them all and make any correctional trades if there is a bolter I have missed. At this stage Brayshaw/Newton are the only two good ones I don't have, but I don't consider them musts at their price. I'll only get one if they kill it again and Cripps spuds

McIntosh, Saad, Brown and Oxley down back all fine for me
Cripps, CEY, Vanders, Heeney, Cockatoo and Miller in the guts all fine for now
Hogan and Lonie fine in forwards. Not worried about Salem, he's a rookie but has solid JS

Buckley did say in the presser he had really bad cramps hence the sub. I actually started him on the field and he looked great in the first quarter and a bit so the fatigue might have got the better of him. It might mean he is a vest candidate but he did look good and cramps can be a dog if they aren't going away.

Miller's pressure and running was really good, it might see him get the vest but no O'Meara and Shaw getting suspended should see him hold his spot at least 1 more week. If he can get a bit more of the pill that will help him out but it isn't all about possessions for JS. The fact he runs all day and does all the little things will endear him to the coach. Same goes for Newton, while he didn't get a lot of the pill early his tackling was sensational.

Cripps is the issue, Whiley is back and Graham plugged away in the reserves. If Walker is ready he will take Daisy's spot, Tutt will be the sub and Graham/Whiley can push Cripps out of that team. He will probably hold his spot for the Eagles game so lets hope he turns it on in front of his friends and family over in Perth. However I wouldn't be surprised if they did drop him and brought in some extra pace for the big ground

Bully

Didn't pick Garlett but he'll get the chop most likely, don't think Miller will last, particularly after an unexpected loss. I also think Cripps is a chance to be axed, which would make the Brayshaw decision very easy.

I have some spare cash to grab any rookie for Miller, I don't currently have Cocky but will monitor his progress tomorrow. I guess the question is do we hold him and use him for loophole purposes or simply grab another rookie on the bubble? Pros & cons to both arguments.

AaronKirk

Cripps is a chance to be axed but who does Carlton have that they can bring in?

One of Garlett or Miller will be dropped, I cannot see Matera remaining out of their side for long. I would suspect it would be Garlett but they may want to see him have a full game and give Miller a burst as sub.

I will hold both Cripps and Miller and see what happens in round 2 and make a call from there.  One round is not enough for me to make a solid judgement call, and after last years disaster with suspensions and injuries I don't want to be burning trades early.

Bully

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 06, 2015, 02:02:56 AM
Cripps is a chance to be axed but who does Carlton have that they can bring in?

Nick Graham.

sammy123

Its hard though brayshaw will be rested heaps throughout the year or managed as they call it

Jroo

@fantasyfooty: Angus Brayshaw to be managed in 2015: http://t.co/rRnWRFATov. Bernie Vince may take his spot as early as this week. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

vtaced

Any news on Steele from GWS getting a game?

YoungGun

Quote from: vtaced on April 08, 2015, 04:36:04 PM
Any news on Steele from GWS getting a game?

dont think there was a seconds game so probs no form to help him get in

Bully

Quote from: JROO8 on April 07, 2015, 05:19:22 PM
@fantasyfooty: Angus Brayshaw to be managed in 2015: http://t.co/rRnWRFATov. Bernie Vince may take his spot as early as this week. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

Think I dodged a bullet, was very close to picking him.

enzedder

Don't have him and had decided I wouldn't bring him in either as I'm happy enough with my rookie picks as is... Don't need to worry that I'm missing out now... Potentially better off.

Big Mac

We are a better side with him in it - so I doubt he will be dropped. Potential sub risk though