The Playing Rookies Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 23, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

Heeney for Nab rising star 2015

FactHunt

Jimmykidd

Lamb on already because of injury. flowering hell I knew this would happen. Lonie better not be sub..

hogan2014

And McGrath 34 qrtr time....

Frankfaust1

Quote from: hogan2014 on April 04, 2015, 07:52:38 PM
And McGrath 34 qrtr time....

Has there ever been a round 1 like this for big scoring rooks?  :o  Amazing stuff.  :)

crowls

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 03, 2015, 01:09:41 PM
Quote from: lucky on April 03, 2015, 12:34:51 PM
Do you guys reckon paul roos will switch the sub vest around between brayshaw, vandemburg and newton throughout the season to manage them?

Bit surprised to see, Jack grimes not picked additionally Vince and Dawes to come back in as well. (trengrove eventually as well)
so I dont think any of the melb rookies have good JS.

Also ho gets replaced for dawes next round? Frost maybe???

Roos has a tendency of playing the 18 and 19 year olds as the starting sub so I'm expecting that Brayshaw will be the sub this week. I can't see Newton being the sub but if Brayshaw is out of the side and there are no other young kids in the side then Vandenberg could end up being sub. Vince will come back next week too so somebody will have to be dropped so that will depend on who plays well this week and earns their spot.

Dawes is an interesting one. He will definitely come in next week but it appears that Frost is loved by the coach and club. It would make the most sense for him to make way though.

So game over,  next week,  Vanders or Brayshaw.   Both played well but geez Van was hard at the ball.   Looks a rookier keeper till upgrade time if he keeps that intensity up.

crowls

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 04, 2015, 06:16:00 PM
So happy now that I dumped Lamb earlier today, bought Gray into the fwds meaning I have Salem and Clark at 5 and 6 with Hogan and Lonie on bench :)

Love the way you think RD,  swapped them in and out all day and end up with Lamb.  Already got Gray,Bartel, Swan and Bont at F1-4.  Salem and Clark D5/6.    So only cash generation at the moment.   

Jackross10

Lonie will outscore Clark this week, but just can't bring myself to starting him.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Jackross10 on April 05, 2015, 11:47:29 AM
Lonie will outscore Clark this week, but just can't bring myself to starting him.

jfitty

What do you guys think of Lonie vs Saad now that neither is the sub?

Money Shot

Quote from: jfitty on April 05, 2015, 11:52:42 AM
Lonie is the better scorer at the better price but Saad has better JS

honza

I can't believe I paid for De Goey.

jfitty

Quote from: Money Shot on April 05, 2015, 11:53:54 AM
Quote from: jfitty on April 05, 2015, 11:52:42 AM
Lonie is the better scorer at the better price but Saad has better JS

Saad is starting on the final interchange, not that it means too much. Lonie might be the go to save some cash

Goosey

Hoping CEY doesn't get the vest today, otherwise I have to take the punt on Anderson tomorrow, in hindsight, should have started Heeney, but it's not easy to get all the on field picks right!

Money Shot

Quote from: Goosey on April 05, 2015, 12:20:46 PM
Hoping CEY doesn't get the vest today, otherwise I have to take the punt on Anderson tomorrow, in hindsight, should have started Heeney, but it's not easy to get all the on field picks right!
I played it safe and started Miller and that didn't go well for me :P