Ben's Supercoach 2015

Started by ben_020285, December 23, 2014, 10:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawker_08

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 20, 2015, 09:34:47 AM
Fortnightly update.. Gaz is in and I have strengthened the rucks.

DEF: Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters, Edwards (Wigg, Viojo-Rainbow)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Ward, Boekhorst, Freeman, Amon, Miller (McKenzie (DEF), Krakouer (FWD), Lambert (FWD))

RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Martin (MID), Swan (MID), Bellchambers (RUC), Clark (Hogan, Daniel)

$38,000 left

Byes: 8/11/11

Aside from rookies there are 3 upgrades and 1 downgrade. The changes are:

Watson --> Ablett
Dangerfield --> Rookie
Leuenberger --> Goldstein
Ziebell --> Martin

Thoughts?

Hey mate. Great side! Strong defence that will score well and isnt over the top expensive. Love Birchall pick. With Frawley and other defenders back to full health he will be playing spare man. Mids strong although i think 3 on field rookies would be much better than 4. Strong Ruck and very stronf fwd line. i suggest
Goldy > Leunberger
Amon > TMitch
Clark > Lambery
Swap TMitch for Goddard/Deledio/Martin and go one of those for Sloane, if not Watson

Great team mate, would love your thoughts on mine

ben_020285

I now have a team which has 15 players that I think will be keepers as well as Waters.

Here it is:

DEF: Simpson, Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters (Wigg, Viojo-Rainbow)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Dangerfield, Boekhorst, Freeman, Amon, Miller (McKenzie (DEF), Krakouer (FWD), Lambert (FWD))

RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Swan (MID), Mitchell (MID), Clark, Hogan (Steele (MID), Daniel)

$2000 left

Changes from my last team are:

Edwards --> Simpson
Ward --> Dangerfield
Martin --> Mitchell
Bellchambers --> Steele

A few changes from my last team with the main change being Bellchambers getting the boot. I can completely understand anybody who picks him, especially those with either Leuey or Kreuzer or both, and it is a risk to go without him but I am just hoping that the very reliable Goldy stays reliable and Nic Nat can stay injury free. Trades will be required if either of them miss games so fingers crossed that doesn't happen!

I have also pushed Waters to D6 now as I have very little hope of DEF rookies being available this season. My hope is that there are at least 3 so I can have 2 on my DEF bench and a DEF/MID in my mids to create a link. If there are more rookies available in DEF then I may change the structure of my side.

Some will say that they don't think Newnes or Mitchell will be keepers but at this stage I project Newnes to average 90 - 95 which is enough for a DEF keeper and Mitchell to average 95 - 100 which is enough for a FWD keeper. Will be watching both Newnes and Mitchell very closely during NAB.

I am not a fan of the more expensive rookies and I think there will be enough cheaper rookies available in the MID and FWD lines. In saying that, if a Dom Tyson type or two pops up during NAB then I may need to sacrifice a 'keeper'.

If I need to upgrade the really cheap rookies such as Lambert or Krak then I will either swap Deledio for Dusty or Simpson for B Smith or both if need be.

Thoughts?

RaisyDaisy

Downgrade Read to Cox then upgrade Wigg to Goddard

Other than that it's a nice looking team man, but you are really relying on a plethora of cheap mid rookies to play rd1, and at this stage I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I'd be surprised to see Amon, Miller, Krak and even McKenzie line up rd1. I think with the extra mid spot this year we are going to have to spend more and get guys like NVB, Heeney, Vandenberg, Cockatoo, Brayshaw etc

fasttrack13

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 03, 2015, 04:57:11 PM

Other than that it's a nice looking team man, but you are really relying on a plethora of cheap mid rookies to play rd1, and at this stage I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I'd be surprised to see Amon, Miller, Krak and even McKenzie line up rd1. I think with the extra mid spot this year we are going to have to spend more and get guys like NVB, Heeney, Vandenberg, Cockatoo, Brayshaw etc
This

ben_020285

Yeah I'm not sold on the more expensive rookie types.

My observations of the rookies you mentioned are:

Goddard: Very unlikely to play round 1. KPP rookie defenders don't slot straight in just because their side is terrible. Many in line in front of him at the Saints.
NVB: Likely to play round 1 but not guaranteed. I'm not interested anyway.
Heeney: Very unlikely to play round 1. Mitchell surely the next in line for a midfield spot.
Vandenberg: Still needs to be upgraded and is a chance to play round 1 but I doubt it.
Cockatoo: Seems to be a lot of love for him at Geelong and he might play round 1.
Brayshaw: A talented kid but hasn't lit the training track on fire and Roos almost always holds back the kids. JKH the exception due to him 'training down the house' and playing really well in NAB. Very unlikely to play round 1.

Ricochet

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 03, 2015, 05:21:56 PM

Goddard: Very unlikely to play round 1. KPP rookie defenders don't slot straight in just because their side is terrible. Many in line in front of him at the Saints.
Heeney: Very unlikely to play round 1. Mitchell surely the next in line for a midfield spot.
Vandenberg: Still needs to be upgraded and is a chance to play round 1 but I doubt it.
Cockatoo: Seems to be a lot of love for him at Geelong and he might play round 1.
Brayshaw: A talented kid but hasn't lit the training track on fire and Roos almost always holds back the kids. JKH the exception due to him 'training down the house' and playing really well in NAB. Very unlikely to play round 1.
I'd be very surprised if Brayshaw isn't there RD1. He is 1000 times better footballer than JKH or any other kid Melb have drafted recently, so history of not playing kids won't be the same for Brayshaw.

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2015, 05:47:00 PM

I'd be very surprised if Brayshaw isn't there RD1. He is 1000 times better footballer than JKH or any other kid Melb have drafted recently, so history of not playing kids won't be the same for Brayshaw.

I'd be very suprised if he doesn't play at all this year but I'd be even more suprised if he lines up round 1.

I'm a mad Dees fan that follows the team very closely and reads every post in every training thread. At this point in time he will not make our round 1 side. Roos is most likely to give him some games in the VFL and if he dominates there then he'll get a call up.

eaglesman

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 03, 2015, 05:53:32 PM

I'd be very suprised if he doesn't play at all this year but I'd be even more suprised if he lines up round 1.

I'm a mad Dees fan that follows the team very closely and reads every post in every training thread. At this point in time he will not make our round 1 side. Roos is most likely to give him some games in the VFL and if he dominates there then he'll get a call up.

Then Newton? ... Some of these blokes you have brought in have got to play ... Ya team is bloody hopeless ... Can't keep fielding the same crap all the time

fasttrack13

Tbh youre kidding yourself if you think that 15 cheap rookies will line up in the first 3 rounds
Expensive guys are a must no matter who they are.
Better off having them in your team to start off with so you only have to downgrade to them. Because finding the cash to get them is a pain in the butt

RaisyDaisy

It's fine to say that you don't think those players I mentioned will play, but how do you explain the rookies you've selected will?

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 03, 2015, 06:26:01 PM
It's fine to say that you don't think those players I mentioned will play, but how do you explain the rookies you've selected will?

Exactly right haha ... Didn't even think of that ... Those rookies or at least all of those have no bloody hope

Big Mac

Quote from: eaglesman on February 03, 2015, 06:08:49 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on February 03, 2015, 05:53:32 PM

Then Newton? ... Some of these blokes you have brought in have got to play ... Ya team is bloody hopeless ... Can't keep fielding the same crap all the time

Check out my latest post here http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99466.15.html

ben_020285

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 03, 2015, 06:24:49 PM
Tbh youre kidding yourself if you think that 15 cheap rookies will line up in the first 3 rounds
Expensive guys are a must no matter who they are.
Better off having them in your team to start off with so you only have to downgrade to them. Because finding the cash to get them is a pain in the butt

Explain how I would need 15 cheap rookies to play.

15 keepers, Waters, R3 non playing rookie, Clark. That's 18 already and I would think that Boekhorst, Freeman and Hogan are virtually assured to lineup round 1.

That's only 9 more cheap rookies that I would need to have in my team. I think that can be done, has been done before.

ben_020285

Quote from: eaglesman on February 03, 2015, 06:38:14 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 03, 2015, 06:26:01 PM

Exactly right haha ... Didn't even think of that ... Those rookies or at least all of those have no bloody hope

Just as likely or unlikely as the others RD except for Van Berlo. Have seen articles on AFL.com.au and read pages on Big Footy which show that Amon and Miller are just as much a chance, if not more of a chance to play round 1 as Brayshaw or Heeney.

Eaglesman, you can't just say that the guys I mentioned have no hope of playing. NAB hasn't even started. I've explained my reasoning. Think before you post.

eaglesman