Ben's Supercoach 2015

Started by ben_020285, December 23, 2014, 10:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

First crack. Will obviously change heaps between now and round 1.

DEF: Smith, Hibberd, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters, H Goddard (FWD) (McIntosh, Fuller)
MID: Pendlebury, Selwood, Watson, Dangerfield, Greene, Anderson, Vandenberg, Laverde (FWD) (Boekhurst, Lambert (FWD), Freeman)
RUC: Naitanui, Kreuzer (Cox (FWD))
FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Swan (MID), Motlop (MID), Bellchambers (RUC), Clark (Hogan, Krakouer (MID))

Byes: 9/11/10

Cash left: $45,800

Gone for a few uniques that I think can seriously improve on their 2014 average.

Thoughts on this first effort?

Ricochet

Not bad man, not bad at all. I'd look to upgrade you're D6 to Whitex if you can, but monitor over preseason. and just be careful with Greene. He did dominate at the end of last year and average 126 from round 17 onwards. But....

Congilio only played up until round 16
Scully only up to round 18
Whitfield only up to round 17

So add those 3 back in, along with Griffen and Greene could be severely hampered. Just something to consider.

Money Shot

Quote from: ben_020285 on December 23, 2014, 10:58:01 AM
First crack. Will obviously change heaps between now and round 1.

DEF: Smith, Hibberd, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters, H Goddard (FWD) (McIntosh, Fuller)
MID: Pendlebury, Selwood, Watson, Dangerfield, Greene, Anderson, Vandenberg, Laverde (FWD) (Boekhurst, Lambert (FWD), Freeman)
RUC: Naitanui, Kreuzer (Cox (FWD))
FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Swan (MID), Motlop (MID), Bellchambers (RUC), Clark (Hogan, Krakouer (MID))

Byes: 9/11/10

Cash left: $45,800

Gone for a few uniques that I think can seriously improve on their 2014 average.

Thoughts on this first effort?
I agree with Rich on Greene better options.
Motlop could be a good pick but I don't know if he is going to be that good of value at his price tag so I would look around a bit more.
I like Cotchin for a replacement to Greene and maybe Ziebell for Motlop.
very good team though.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah I agree with the others here, the only player I see as not being worth the risk is Motlop

With so many more FWDS this year, he would have to be such a small chance to finish as a Top 10 forward, so no point getting him IMO

ben_020285

Alright, time for a fortnightly update. Nothing much has changed from my first team I posted but a few subtle changes make my team look stronger I think.

DEF: Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters, McIntosh (Goddard (FWD), Viojo-Rainbow)

MID: Pendlebury, Selwood, Ward, Watson, Dangerfield, Anderson, Boekhurst, Laverde (FWD) (Freeman, Miller, Adamson (DEF))

RUC: Naitanui, Leuenberger (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Swan (MID), Ziebell (MID), Bellchambers (RUC), Clark (Hogan, Steele (MID))

Cash left: $6,300

Byes: 8/11/11

I've mainly picked players who have shown they can score well in their allocated position. I've also tried to pick this year's D Swallow and R Gray in Newnes and Ziebell. While I don't think either will be as successful as Swallow or Gray, I think they can improve their averages to keeper status. Rookies are just placeholders at the moment but I have tried to select rookies that are most likely to play round 1 with the exception of Adamson and Read who are floating donuts.

So compared to my first side it's essentially:

Smith --> Birchall
Greene --> Ward
Kreuzer --> Leuenberger
Motlop --> Ziebell

Thoughts?

Big Mac

I'm really liking it Ben - probably one of the best sides I've seen on here. Normally I'd have an issue with you not having Ablett, and having Leuenberger, but your side makes it work.

Money Shot

I would sit on that side till the nab cup.

ben_020285

Fortnightly update.. Gaz is in and I have strengthened the rucks.

DEF: Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters, Edwards (Wigg, Viojo-Rainbow)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Ward, Boekhorst, Freeman, Amon, Miller (McKenzie (DEF), Krakouer (FWD), Lambert (FWD))

RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Martin (MID), Swan (MID), Bellchambers (RUC), Clark (Hogan, Daniel)

$38,000 left

Byes: 8/11/11

Aside from rookies there are 3 upgrades and 1 downgrade. The changes are:

Watson --> Ablett
Dangerfield --> Rookie
Leuenberger --> Goldstein
Ziebell --> Martin

Thoughts?

RaisyDaisy

Really nice looking team mate. All lines are solid and I cant fault it

The only change I would personally make is upgrading Birchall to Shaw/Smith/Simpson etc

Money Shot

Great side!
Only problem is come round 1 you may be in strife as you don't have very expensive rookies!

ben_020285

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 20, 2015, 10:23:15 AM

The only change I would personally make is upgrading Birchall to Shaw/Smith/Simpson etc

Thanks mate.

With regards to Birchall, I think he is at a bargain price this year as he had to play more of a shutdown role last year due to all the injuries that the Hawks had in their backline throughout the year. I'm hoping that he can get back to his best SC wise as a rebounding defender and average 95+

ben_020285

Quote from: Money Shot on January 20, 2015, 10:47:54 AM
Great side!
Only problem is come round 1 you may be in strife as you don't have very expensive rookies!

I'm not a big fan of paying a premium for rookie priced players as I think the cash saved can be put to better use so I won't be going near NVB or any other expensive rookie priced players.

Ricochet

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 20, 2015, 11:06:56 AM

Thanks mate.

With regards to Birchall, I think he is at a bargain price this year as he had to play more of a shutdown role last year due to all the injuries that the Hawks had in their backline throughout the year. I'm hoping that he can get back to his best SC wise as a rebounding defender and average 95+
I also like your Birchall pick mate. Agree with RD that Simpson and Shaw are probably better but I think Birch is in for a good year

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on January 20, 2015, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: ben_020285 on January 20, 2015, 11:06:56 AM

Thanks mate.

I also like your Birchall pick mate. Agree with RD that Simpson and Shaw are probably better but I think Birch is in for a good year

I think Simmo and Shaw are pretty good picks but Simmo is getting old and Shaw is on my never again list, he just can't be trusted.

Money Shot

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 20, 2015, 11:09:53 AM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 20, 2015, 10:47:54 AM
Great side!

I'm not a big fan of paying a premium for rookie priced players as I think the cash saved can be put to better use so I won't be going near NVB or any other expensive rookie priced players.
Yeah that's fair enough mate!