Holzmans Heroes 2015

Started by Holz, December 11, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2015, 05:44:20 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 03, 2015, 05:26:50 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2015, 02:59:55 PM
K.SimpsonH.Shaw, M.Hibberd,B.Waters, B.Whitecross, H.Goodard (B.Maynard, N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, R.Sloane, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, B.Acres (I.Heeney, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)
T.Goldstein, N.Naitunui (T.Nankervis)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, D.Swan, M.Clark, J.Hogan, J.Laverde (C.Daniel, K.Lambert)

After going four premo backs for soo long i have risked it and tried to go with just the three. Really stacked my mids with 5 premos and expensive rookies so have some money to redistrubute if needed. the plan would be to downgrade one of these guys 5 weeks in and strengthen that backline imediately. Pretty happy with the forward and ruck line. Will just trade a ruck if an injury occurs.

my alternate side looks like this

K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,G.Birchall, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, (H.Goodard,N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, D.Rich, N.Van Berlo, B.Acres I.Heeney (B.Stretch,N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

I really dont like mid priced midfielders but im hoping that Birchall + Rich can combine for 180 points. Sloane would go for about 115 so if I cant see a back rookie scoring 65 a week i think this looks a little more solid. Especially with guys like Waters and Whitecross, and no lock defender rookies.

Yes but this means you expect whitecross to play ? Based on what?

I don't think he will play and for that reason I am struggling to be able to pick all 3 out of 4 of NVB BRAYSHAW BIGGS ACRES
Why wouldn't he play? Early reports having him being ready for round 1. His last knee he came in halfway through the year, played 2 VFL games and slotted straight into the Hawks side. Thats how high they rate him

I hope you are right ... But who drops out of last years premiership team for whitecross ... Ok spangher for frawley

Then who else ... I'll list some for you to pick from but some of these are walk up starts  ...
Duryea was sub so him???
Stratton
Suckling
Langford
Puopolo
Sheils
Smith
Hale
Hill

So you are picking him and most likely he be sub ?

Ricochet

Quote from: eaglesman on February 03, 2015, 06:04:28 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2015, 05:44:20 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 03, 2015, 05:26:50 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2015, 02:59:55 PM
K.SimpsonH.Shaw, M.Hibberd,B.Waters, B.Whitecross, H.Goodard (B.Maynard, N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, R.Sloane, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, B.Acres (I.Heeney, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

After going four premo backs for soo long i have risked it and tried to go with just the three. Really stacked my mids with 5 premos and expensive rookies so have some money to redistrubute if needed. the plan would be to downgrade one of these guys 5 weeks in and strengthen that backline imediately. Pretty happy with the forward and ruck line. Will just trade a ruck if an injury occurs.

my alternate side looks like this

K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,G.Birchall, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, (H.Goodard,N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, D.Rich, N.Van Berlo, B.Acres I.Heeney (B.Stretch,N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

I really dont like mid priced midfielders but im hoping that Birchall + Rich can combine for 180 points. Sloane would go for about 115 so if I cant see a back rookie scoring 65 a week i think this looks a little more solid. Especially with guys like Waters and Whitecross, and no lock defender rookies.

Yes but this means you expect whitecross to play ? Based on what?

I don't think he will play and for that reason I am struggling to be able to pick all 3 out of 4 of NVB BRAYSHAW BIGGS ACRES
Why wouldn't he play? Early reports having him being ready for round 1. His last knee he came in halfway through the year, played 2 VFL games and slotted straight into the Hawks side. Thats how high they rate him

I hope you are right ... But who drops out of last years premiership team for whitecross ... Ok spangher for frawley

Then who else ... I'll list some for you to pick from but some of these are walk up starts  ...
Duryea was sub so him???
Stratton
Suckling
Langford
Puopolo
Sheils
Smith
Hale
Hill

So you are picking him and most likely he be sub ?
Obvioulsy we're still a long way out from RD1 but he still has more JS than any other D6 rookie atm so that's why most have him in their side

Holz

whitecroos is there for two reasons. One if any rookie comes up than i can easily just change to them and two, whitecross is a really good player and he should be on track for round 1. Its rare for any team to be a full strength, so one of two of those guys from the grandfinal could be out too, giving him a spot.

the question marks around him is why i have considered the team with rich in the middle.

Holz

spent alot of time on this. Have said all preseason that you need 5 superpremo mids. but just too many question marks in defence and R3 so gone with a team that looks much much safer. the forward linke looks more solid, starting 3 sub 160k players im not sure about. the defence is stacked so just need 2 back rookies to play and 3 if whitecross doesnt get up. Spent abit on my midfield rookies at 750k for the four. With the bench of three i should have plenty of cover though and also have that forward link if needed.

K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,G.Birchall, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, (H.Goodard,B.Maynard)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, N.Cockatoo ,I.Heeney (J.Laverde, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)
T.Goldstein, N.Naitunui (M.Cox)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, D.Swan, T.Bellchambers, M.Clark, J.Hogan(C.Daniel, K.Lambert)

Jackross10

Very nice Holz, similar backs to most, only difference is Newnes for me to your Simmo, you could bank 60k to get Heeney to Biggs? But I don't think you're too keen on Newnes iirc, a lot of swallow in him I reckon.

Mids all good can't fault.

Rucks mint same as mine.

Like the forwards although I don't like TBC at all. One think I am playing with is Petracca at F4 if he gets ganes early. But I think either down to rookie and maybe get one of those 200k mids to rich, or find $$ for BJ or Titch

Holz

I just couldnt do it, i always go strong in the mids

out Birchall in Wigg
out Cockatoo in Biggs
out Henney in Rory Sloane
out Cox in Nankervis
out Bellchambers in Boekenhurst

K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,B.Waters, B.Whitecross H.Goodard (H.Wigg,B.Maynard)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, R.Sloane, J.Kennedy, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, S.Biggs (B.Boekenhurst, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

Vinny

Waters at D4 is way too dangerous man, midfield looks amazing but I think defence will cost you.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Vinny on February 04, 2015, 06:05:01 PM
Waters at D4 is way too dangerous man, midfield looks amazing but I think defence will cost you.

Holz

some defenders better come up as this is the structure I want.

2 rules i go with.

Best of the Best Premos (3 top 6 defenders, 5 top 10 mids 2 top 5 rucks, 3 top 6 forwards)
Rookies and Rookie priced Players
Injured guys who have scored in the past (Waters, Whitecross, Clark)

Stack the midfield to make up for your deficiencies..

Vinny

Quote from: Holz on February 04, 2015, 06:11:46 PM

2 rules i go with.

Best of the Best Premos (3 top 6 defenders, 5 top 10 mids 2 top 5 rucks, 3 top 6 forwards)

Yeah that's fair enough man but this year, we have no definite rookies, not one.

Whitecross isn't even certain to play RD1. Wigg won't actually get a game nor will Maynard. Those are just guys that were in early FF teams as rookies so everyone has just put them in.

Goddard, Lever, WhiteX are the 3 ones that might play. But I'd only expect one if any to line-up RD1.

We say that rookies will pop up but past years prior to NAB cup we've had genuine possibilities. There's barely any this year. Maybe three at most IMO.

Obviously you're the pro and those rules have worked ridiculously well in the past, but in a year where people are considering Waters at D6, running two rookies plus a fragile Waters on field is risking and I think that's worth breaking your rule.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on February 04, 2015, 05:39:56 PM
K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,G.Birchall, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, (H.Goodard,B.Maynard)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, N.Cockatoo ,I.Heeney (J.Laverde, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, D.Swan, T.Bellchambers, M.Clark, J.Hogan(C.Daniel, K.Lambert)
I like this team better man

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on February 05, 2015, 01:27:56 AM
Quote from: Holz on February 04, 2015, 05:39:56 PM
I like this team better man

I'm starting to agree , defense just looks solid and there should be plenty of mid options. Not sure on belly though. 81 85 last two seasons with new ruck rule drop that 5-10 points. He also doesn't play 22. Maybe drop brayshaw to a rookie and pick up Tom mitchell

Ringo

All good points Holz.  I would sit atm and wait to see what NAB cup brings, and to finalise your rookies,  Just concerned that with 6 rookie mids atm that finding 3 who will play regularly may be an issue. Just a persobal opinion.

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on February 05, 2015, 11:21:27 AM
All good points Holz.  I would sit atm and wait to see what NAB cup brings, and to finalise your rookies,  Just concerned that with 6 rookie mids atm that finding 3 who will play regularly may be an issue. Just a persobal opinion.

the 3 on the bench could really help in this case. you need 4 of the 7 to play and i think thats possible, if you pay up for guys like NVB, Biggs etc...

also having laverde on the bench means you can use the forward rookies aswell.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Holz on February 04, 2015, 06:11:46 PM

2 rules i go with.

These are similar to the rules I always follow, none of this stupid trying to squeeze as many keepers as you can and 8 backfire...