Started by Holz, December 11, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Quote from: Money Shot on January 19, 2015, 10:12:40 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 19, 2015, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on January 19, 2015, 10:03:43 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 19, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
Goddard is the only one I see getting consistent games at the moment :-[

What are you basing that on? I've seen nothing to suggest that H Goddard will play round 1, let alone play consistent games.

Have I missed something?

He plays for st.kilda. He will get plenty of games
That's pretty much my reasoning.
Saints will try and get as many games into there youth as possible.

Well might as well load up on all the Saints rookies if that's the case..

They might just be the worst side in the AFL but their rookies aren't going to be walk up starts. Especially a developing key defender.

The_Captain

Trueee dat. May have to have a look!

Nige

nrich102

meow meow

Goddard is behind Fisher, Dempster, Gilbert and Roberton.

Money Shot

Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 10:31:47 PM
Goddard is behind Fisher, Dempster, Gilbert and Roberton.
Yeah that is a fair point but still think they will find a way to get him in there.

The_Captain

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on January 19, 2015, 02:18:38 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 18, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
Quote from: Vinny on January 18, 2015, 10:27:01 PM
Stacking up in defence is good, I'm almost considering going Waters at D6. There is almost zero rookies that look like playing Round 1. Reckon it will be a struggle for even 2. So if say you have 3 rookies from D6 to D8, could cause some problems. Especially with someone as fragile as Waters at D5.

Looked that way last year too. There are always some that pop up through the nab cup

yeah 3-4 should pop up who will play. dont want to weaken my other lines anymore.

just took out Kade Simpson and put in Brodie Smith.
Much rather Simpson man. I know he's a rollercoaster but gotta go with the more proven player. After a big breakout yea, young players rarely increase their average again / even rarely hold it.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: meow meow on January 17, 2015, 05:53:22 PM
Nice team. Shame about the salary cap though.
Incredibly good team Holz, interested to know how does it look for $?

Holz

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 21, 2015, 11:50:30 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 17, 2015, 05:53:22 PM
Nice team. Shame about the salary cap though.
Incredibly good team Holz, interested to know how does it look for $?

At the moment I think it's 17k over the cap but that's one rookie change.

Bones Bombers

Holz

Holz

K.SimpsonH.Shaw, M.Hibberd,B.Waters, B.Whitecross, H.Goodard (B.Maynard, N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, R.Sloane, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, B.Acres (I.Heeney, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)
T.Goldstein, N.Naitunui (T.Nankervis)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, D.Swan, M.Clark, J.Hogan, J.Laverde (C.Daniel, K.Lambert)

After going four premo backs for soo long i have risked it and tried to go with just the three. Really stacked my mids with 5 premos and expensive rookies so have some money to redistrubute if needed. the plan would be to downgrade one of these guys 5 weeks in and strengthen that backline imediately. Pretty happy with the forward and ruck line. Will just trade a ruck if an injury occurs.

my alternate side looks like this

K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,G.Birchall, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, (H.Goodard,N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, D.Rich, N.Van Berlo, B.Acres I.Heeney (B.Stretch,N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

I really dont like mid priced midfielders but im hoping that Birchall + Rich can combine for 180 points. Sloane would go for about 115 so if I cant see a back rookie scoring 65 a week i think this looks a little more solid. Especially with guys like Waters and Whitecross, and no lock defender rookies.

eaglesman

Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2015, 02:59:55 PM
K.SimpsonH.Shaw, M.Hibberd,B.Waters, B.Whitecross, H.Goodard (B.Maynard, N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, R.Sloane, N.Van Berlo, A.Brayshaw, B.Acres (I.Heeney, N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

After going four premo backs for soo long i have risked it and tried to go with just the three. Really stacked my mids with 5 premos and expensive rookies so have some money to redistrubute if needed. the plan would be to downgrade one of these guys 5 weeks in and strengthen that backline imediately. Pretty happy with the forward and ruck line. Will just trade a ruck if an injury occurs.

K.Simpson,H.Shaw, M.Hibberd,G.Birchall, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, (H.Goodard,N.Newman)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, D.Rich, N.Van Berlo, B.Acres I.Heeney (B.Stretch,N.Freeman, A.Vanderberg)

I really dont like mid priced midfielders but im hoping that Birchall + Rich can combine for 180 points. Sloane would go for about 115 so if I cant see a back rookie scoring 65 a week i think this looks a little more solid. Especially with guys like Waters and Whitecross, and no lock defender rookies.

Yes but this means you expect whitecross to play ? Based on what?

I don't think he will play and for that reason I am struggling to be able to pick all 3 out of 4 of NVB BRAYSHAW BIGGS ACRES

Ricochet

Quote from: eaglesman on February 03, 2015, 05:26:50 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2015, 02:59:55 PM

Yes but this means you expect whitecross to play ? Based on what?

I don't think he will play and for that reason I am struggling to be able to pick all 3 out of 4 of NVB BRAYSHAW BIGGS ACRES
Why wouldn't he play? Early reports having him being ready for round 1. His last knee he came in halfway through the year, played 2 VFL games and slotted straight into the Hawks side. Thats how high they rate him