Holzmans Heroes 2015

Started by Holz, December 11, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

had a tinker finally with the new postions. wanted to go strong up front but way too much value there in the cheap guys. Gone set and forget in the rucks with the guys i think will go top 3. Paid up money down back, which appears to be against trend as i hate the cheap options.

B.Smith, H.Shaw, M.Hibberd, S.Hurn, B.Waters, H.Goodard (B.Maynard, H.Wigg)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.P.Kennedy, J.Watson, N.Van Berlo, N.Cockatoo, N.Freeman (K.Lambert, C.Blakely, A.Neal Buleen)
T.Goldstein, N.Naitunui (M.Cox)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, D.Swan, M.Clark, J.Hogan, J.Laverde (C.Daniel, N.Kraoker)

Jackross10

Love it holz, exact same except premo choices!

GM

Very nice Holz.
Nice even spread with great structure.
The only structual difference with mine is I have gone DPP ruck support , dropping a defensive lock.
Third time lucky for you this year perhaps. 8)

WizzFizz

premo byes with 2/7/5

very light r11 with a messy r12.

a r12 premo for a r11 premo should even it up a tad.

I know watson is proven, but he has only avged over 110 twice, and someone say like murphy, has avg over 110 for four years in a row. Also even Parker could be a decent swap for watson.

I do love watson but he has a bad bye and is getting older, and misses games on a season basis, apart from his his b-low year.

Nice backman. Dont know about hurn tho.

Fwds are nice and all can avg 105-110

Solid set and forget rucks, just like i am running.

Overall solid team until r12  ;)

Holz

Quote from: WizzFizz on January 16, 2015, 06:05:28 PM
premo byes with 2/7/5

very light r11 with a messy r12.

a r12 premo for a r11 premo should even it up a tad.

I know watson is proven, but he has only avged over 110 twice, and someone say like murphy, has avg over 110 for four years in a row. Also even Parker could be a decent swap for watson.

I do love watson but he has a bad bye and is getting older, and misses games on a season basis, apart from his his b-low year.

Nice backman. Dont know about hurn tho.

Fwds are nice and all can avg 105-110

Solid set and forget rucks, just like i am running.

Overall solid team until r12  ;)

have purposely gone a little heavy on the latter rounds as I plan to be upgrading to round 11 premos in round 12 and 13.

round 12 isnt too much of an issue really besides the midfield.

down back its just Hibberd
in the rucks ill have both playing
up front its just Buddy and Swan.

the midfield will be problamatic but as i said i plan to be brining in round 11 premos. There are a few on my radar.
Up front I plan to bring in deledio and in the midfield I plan on brining in Sloane Beams or Rocky.

If i was to drop a mid now it would be watson but i just think he is too good value to pass up. I may bring in sloane if i can find the cash, but i think i can work around the byes.

eaglesman

As expected a nice team and gives me food for thought for my team.

Structural differences
You have an extra midfield premo and and extra defence premo
I have the expensive rookies at the moment purely for placeholders and can adjust later hopefully allowing me to strengthen defence or ruck
Goldy v kreuzer
And I have 2 extra forwards premo
The temptation to go strong up forward is strong indeed but it also has better cheap options compared to the defenders
Nice mate

WizzFizz

How about danger? a bit cheaper than watson but is coming off contract

i see u dont have dumont slotted in the mids, being an avid norf supporter, do you have any news on him?

Holz

Quote from: WizzFizz on January 16, 2015, 07:50:31 PM
How about danger? a bit cheaper than watson but is coming off contract

i see u dont have dumont slotted in the mids, being an avid norf supporter, do you have any news on him?

he was looking like he would take up a spot in the 22 next year. When he aledgy robbed and assaulted that taxi driver, i crossed him off my list.

not a danger fan, watson is just a legend of the game and sloane just keeps pumping out 105-130 scores every week. the other 4 are locked in but still thinking about that M5 spot.

Holz

Quote from: eaglesman on January 16, 2015, 07:37:59 PM
As expected a nice team and gives me food for thought for my team.

Structural differences
You have an extra midfield premo and and extra defence premo
I have the expensive rookies at the moment purely for placeholders and can adjust later hopefully allowing me to strengthen defence or ruck
Goldy v kreuzer
And I have 2 extra forwards premo
The temptation to go strong up forward is strong indeed but it also has better cheap options compared to the defenders
Nice mate

soo many good cheap options i just cant see why you wouldnt take them up. I work my team from the rookies first than fill in the premos.

meow meow

Nice team. Shame about the salary cap though.

quinny88

Nice team Holz.
Have toyed with the idea of having only 3 fwd premos to cash in on the fwd rookies but I simply don't trust any premo backs apart from Simmo, Hibberd and Shaw

Vinny

Stacking up in defence is good, I'm almost considering going Waters at D6. There is almost zero rookies that look like playing Round 1. Reckon it will be a struggle for even 2. So if say you have 3 rookies from D6 to D8, could cause some problems. Especially with someone as fragile as Waters at D5.

quinny88

Quote from: Vinny on January 18, 2015, 10:27:01 PM
Stacking up in defence is good, I'm almost considering going Waters at D6. There is almost zero rookies that look like playing Round 1. Reckon it will be a struggle for even 2. So if say you have 3 rookies from D6 to D8, could cause some problems. Especially with someone as fragile as Waters at D5.

Looked that way last year too. There are always some that pop up through the nab cup

Holz

Quote from: quinny88 on January 18, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
Quote from: Vinny on January 18, 2015, 10:27:01 PM

Looked that way last year too. There are always some that pop up through the nab cup

yeah 3-4 should pop up who will play. dont want to weaken my other lines anymore.

just took out Kade Simpson and put in Brodie Smith.

meow meow