Holzmans Heroes 2015

Started by Holz, December 11, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

just making a early team, haven't looked into the byes or rookies too much but the general structure should stay similar. I don't like back rookies at this stage so spending a lot. Note avoiding the high draft picks

K.Simpson, M.Hibberd, H.Shaw, G.Birchall, B.Waters. H.Goddard (?, ?)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Watson, D.Rich, C.Ellis, J.Laverde, C.Blakely (A.Neal-Buleen, B.Stretch)
T.Goldstein, M.Luenburger (M.Harvey F/R, M.King)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, H.Bennell, S.Lycett F/R, M.Walters, M.Clark (J.Hogan, T.Mclean)

Jroo

I really like it Holz, seriously there's nothing I can fault with that. Maybe you're too strong down back, but you have your reasons.

shaker

Good first team there Holz nice and even through all lines lets hope Lycett gets the DP but you can easily build on that start nice  ;)

Ricochet

Not so sure on Lycett man. Would rather someone like Belly for a lot cheaper. Both should average around the same
In the backline have you considered Colq or Biggs?
Simmo is a bit of a rollercoaster, I'm looking to him as an upgrade target once his price drops at some point.

Other than that its a very good side mate.

Grazz

Yeh nice first up effort Holz, hard to fault it at the minute.  ;)

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on December 11, 2014, 03:34:57 PM
Not so sure on Lycett man. Would rather someone like Belly for a lot cheaper. Both should average around the same
In the backline have you considered Colq or Biggs?
Simmo is a bit of a rollercoaster, I'm looking to him as an upgrade target once his price drops at some point.

Other than that its a very good side mate.

forgot about biggs, chucked him on the bench now.

not too sure on colq at this stage.

yeah a little uneasy about lycett as doesn't really fit into my premo, injured premos and rookie strategy. Bellchambers if he is a F/R is almost a lock with ryder gone.

simpson is a rollercoaster but I don't really like back premos at all or any backs for that matter, not even a birchall fan. we just need some guys to slot back there.

Holz

K.Simpson, M.Hibberd, H.Shaw, G.Birchall, B.Waters. H.Goddard (S.Biggs, B.Abbott)
G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Watson, D.Swan, N.Freeman, J.Laverde, C.Blakely (A.Neal-Buleen, B.Stretch)
T.Goldstein, M.Luenburger (M.Harvey F/R, M.King)
L.Franklin, D.Martin, H.Bennell, T.Bellchambers F/R, M.Walters, M.Clark (J.Hogan, T.Mclean)

Mr.Witt

I love how you have set it out.
After seeing this team i have realised how much value there are in the cheaper rookies (especially mids)
Don't know about the Waters pick as he is going to be a huge risk but also a huge reward if it pays off.
Very very good team at this stage.
Is Biggs really going to be worth the extra 75k over players like Lamb and Goddard? 

Holz

Quote from: Mr.Witt on December 11, 2014, 04:03:29 PM
After seeing this team i have realised how much value there are in the cheaper rookies (especially mids)
Don't know about the Waters pick as he is going to be a huge risk but also a huge reward if it pays off.
Is Biggs really going to be worth the extra 75k over players like Lamb and Goddard?

really back rookies if they play are worth it, im very worried about the lack of back rookies at this stage so that's why im only having the one <200k spot open on the field. Biggs is do like and if he is named round 1 I feel safer with him on the field.

cheaper rookies really do pay off. Freeman Blakeley over Petrecca Braysahw saves about 230k and I used that to turn a rookie in walters. Who im a little shakey on but he has the ability to go 85+

Mr.Witt

Quote from: Holz on December 11, 2014, 04:15:01 PM
Quote from: Mr.Witt on December 11, 2014, 04:03:29 PM

really back rookies if they play are worth it, im very worried about the lack of back rookies at this stage so that's why im only having the one <200k spot open on the field. Biggs is do like and if he is named round 1 I feel safer with him on the field.

cheaper rookies really do pay off. Freeman Blakeley over Petrecca Braysahw saves about 230k and I used that to turn a rookie in walters. Who im a little shakey on but he has the ability to go 85+

I agree with the rookies I downgraded a lot of mine and turned Biggs into Birchall so now I have 5 "gun" defenders in my team.

Jackross10

Like it Holz. Same 4 backs as I have as it stands atm, hoping swan will bounce back for Collingwood's sake! Not digging the Bennell pick really, many do like it but he just doesn't appeal for some reason. Like it though a lot mate!

just did some research on Bennell and 95 three years running is actually v good for a fwd haha

GM

Like the Belly inclusion mate , lets hope he keeps hiis DPP.
Great initial side buddy..
My first picked fwd would be Robbie.He will improve imo.
Beau is too much of a risk for me.

kilbluff1985

Belly has no chance of losing DPP imo

GM

GM

I also feel The Pig has seen his best.
He doesn't seem motivated under Buckleys reign.
Buckley will rotate other younger players through the midfield.