Had a play for 2015

Started by Barra13, December 09, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

So I got a little board and made a bit of a drawing board, obviously bound to change as new information becomes available. But a good starting point nonetheless.  :P

Lost Souls Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Barra13. Salary cap left: $59,300.

David Swallow, Corey Enright, Matt Suckling, Harry Lumumba, Paul Seedsman, Garrick Ibbotson
Jake Lever, Zak Jones

Luke Parker, Dustin Martin, Dane Swan, Ryan Griffen, Scott Selwood, Nathan van Berlo, Daniel Rich, Colin Sylvia
Alex Neal-Bullen, Patrick Cripps

Matthew Kreuzer, Jonathan Giles
Callum Sinclair, Jonathon Griffin

Lance Franklin, Patrick Dangerfield, Josh J. Kennedy, Jimmy Bartel, Patrick McCartin, Jeff Garlett
Mitchell Clark, Jesse Hogan

Kellogscrunchynut

I've noticed that you don't have many rookies on the field and a lot of mid-pricers and while there is no right or wrong structure of a team generally you'll want to stay away from having too many speculative mid-pricers in your side.

Pro's: I like your pick of Luke Parker whom will likely be positioned only in the midfield this year since not many people will have him in their teams. Franklin should be a solid bet this season after settling into the Swans outfit last year. Daniel Rich and Van Berlo are coming back from injury with a lowered price well below what they are capable of and should net some cash this year. Harry Lumumba should bring some experience to the Dees and he has the ability to win a lot of the ball from half back or from the wing. The rucks are looking good.

Con's: Patrick McCartin being a first year key forward whilst he has loads of potential being the number 1 pick will mean that he will come at a costly price, better options will surface in the pre-season. A few of your midfield picks are speculative such as Griffen whom will be going to a new club and the role that he will be given won't be known until he takes the field in round 1. Martin is one of the best scoring forwards in the game putting him in midfield will be a waste. Scott Selwood has found scoring high difficult this past season where he was poised to break out into the elite bracket.

Other: Picking past DT stars such as Swan, Enright and Bartel will come as a risk since they have aging bodies and a lowered potential for scoring high. However this doesn't mean that they have reached the end of their usefulness since they will have some big games this year and score high.

Hope this will help you out.

Jukes

Quote from: Barra13 on December 09, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

10/10 give this man the fifty thousand dollars

The_Captain

Quote from: Biff Tannen on December 11, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

How come? What is he priced at? He is 3rd ruckman at WC so cant see him getitng games only when one of the main duo rested or inured ha.

Jukes

Quote from: The_Captain on December 11, 2014, 10:47:43 AM

How come? What is he priced at? He is 3rd ruckman at WC so cant see him getitng games only when one of the main duo rested or inured ha.

He goes to my uni and I've had a couple classes with him haha, doubt he'll be that good but nice to see him in a team for once :P

GoLions

Haha I was waiting for you to see this :P

Barra13

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 10, 2014, 10:09:16 PM
I've noticed that you don't have many rookies on the field and a lot of mid-pricers and while there is no right or wrong structure of a team generally you'll want to stay away from having too many speculative mid-pricers in your side.

Pro's: I like your pick of Luke Parker whom will likely be positioned only in the midfield this year since not many people will have him in their teams. Franklin should be a solid bet this season after settling into the Swans outfit last year. Daniel Rich and Van Berlo are coming back from injury with a lowered price well below what they are capable of and should net some cash this year. Harry Lumumba should bring some experience to the Dees and he has the ability to win a lot of the ball from half back or from the wing. The rucks are looking good.

Con's: Patrick McCartin being a first year key forward whilst he has loads of potential being the number 1 pick will mean that he will come at a costly price, better options will surface in the pre-season. A few of your midfield picks are speculative such as Griffen whom will be going to a new club and the role that he will be given won't be known until he takes the field in round 1. Martin is one of the best scoring forwards in the game putting him in midfield will be a waste. Scott Selwood has found scoring high difficult this past season where he was poised to break out into the elite bracket.

Other: Picking past DT stars such as Swan, Enright and Bartel will come as a risk since they have aging bodies and a lowered potential for scoring high. However this doesn't mean that they have reached the end of their usefulness since they will have some big games this year and score high.

Hope this will help you out.

Cheers.

Yeah after making the team I looked back at Griffen and wasn't sure on him so that'd probably change. I put Dusty in the mids for that M/F link and he is a keeper so would end up in the FWD line in the end. I couldn't see any mid keepers in that price bracket so went down that path instead. I am iffy on Enright, don't worry about that haha.

RE: Callum Sinclair, I see him as someone that is cheap that'd get game time this year. Well I hope he does if he is there at round 1 for me :|

Barra13

Came up with this after the changes...

Lost Souls1 Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Barra13. Salary cap left: $10,600.

Matthew Jaensch, Harry Lumumba, Shane Savage, Beau Waters, Jake Lever, Sam Colquhoun
Hugh Goddard, Zak Jones

Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Steve Johnson, Luke Parker, Nathan van Berlo, Daniel Rich, Nakia Cockatoo, Christian Salem
Patrick Cripps, Elliott Kavanagh

Todd Goldstein, Jonathan Giles
Matthew Kreuzer, Callum Sinclair

Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Dane Swan, Jack Ziebell, Jeff Garlett, Colin Sylvia
Mitchell Clark, Jesse Hogan

R.Griffen

Only thing I am against is the amount if $$$ spent in the rucks. Kreuzer has more JS than Giles and he will also average more. IMO theres no need for Giles. Save some coin and upgrade elsewhere

Barra13

This is actually a DT team, I did both this year and after what they did to AF (unlimited trades, app was useless, website was useless) I will give it a miss. So really for the sake of 230k or whatever it is it will save me a trade if one goes down as trades are valuable in DT.

R.Griffen

Post it in the RDT topic then  ;) yeah in RDT it's safe to set and forgot for rucks

Barra13

I would but no one reads it haha.

pommyadam

you don't need 3 midpricers in the ruckline, particularly with Goldy there too
so I'd probably switch one out for Griffin (next in line after Sandi and ZClarke at Freo) and then invest elsewhere - probably an upgrade on Salem/Garlett imo

edit: for the record, my RDT ran a line of Lobbe/Sandi/Hickey/Currie this year, and I was pretty happy with it - planning the same structure in 2015 (looking at Minson/Leuey/Krooz/Griffin personally, but rd11 bye)