Main Menu

New Perth Stadium

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, December 08, 2014, 04:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

http://www.perthstadium.com.au/

Construction of Perth Stadium is underway after the first pile for the 60,000 seat stadium was driven into the Burswood Peninsula site.
The state of the art stadium, which will be the new home for Fremantle and West Coast, is due to be completed for the start of the 2018 season.
The stadium includes:
- Five levels
-The Perth Stadium will be constructed using more than 10,000 tonnes of steel and more than 52,000 cubic metres of concrete enough to fill 21 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- 1,000 TV screens
-Two big screens
-70 food and drink outlets.

Looks really nice will definitely want to watch a match at this new stadium.

quinny88

Will definitely make a trip over there once this is up. Been to subi a couple of times and that is an absolute shower hole to be brutally honest. So run down and dated. This stadium will be great

Kellogscrunchynut

I hope they have a contingency plan for Subiaco so the stadium doesn't go to waste, also I believe the cost of this new stadium is around the 800 million mark.

quinny88

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 08, 2014, 09:28:11 PM
I hope they have a contingency plan for Subiaco so the stadium doesn't go to waste, also I believe the cost of this new stadium is around the 800 million mark.

Knock it down and start again? Lol it's atrocious. I can't imagine they will spend the money on it when it's not being used for AFL.
I would imagine they will play WAFL games there though. May be used as a training facility? Like the hawks have done at Waverley Park

elephants

Knock it down and sub divide. The actual land is worth billions. In the flashest area

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on December 09, 2014, 12:08:06 AM
Knock it down and sub divide. The actual land is worth billions. In the flashest area

Yeah probably the most likely scenario

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: quinny88 on December 09, 2014, 12:03:56 AM

Knock it down and start again? Lol it's atrocious. I can't imagine they will spend the money on it when it's not being used for AFL.
I would imagine they will play WAFL games there though. May be used as a training facility? Like the hawks have done at Waverley Park
I think the SANFL have a similar arrangement with AAMI stadium going ahead.

quinny88

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 09, 2014, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 09, 2014, 12:03:56 AM

Yeah that's not in a good location though. As Ele said, subi is in a very desirable location and the land would be worth a fortune so I imagine they will sub divide

anchorman

I think I heard them quote $1.2 Bil to build the new stadium.
Quinny you may find that there will be about as many spare seats in the new stadium as there are at Subi. So before you come over I would advise that you enquire about spare seats.
Both clubs here have waiting lists so wont be many seats left.

quinny88

Quote from: anchorman on December 09, 2014, 12:18:43 AM
I think I heard them quote $1.2 Bil to build the new stadium.
Quinny you may find that there will be about as many spare seats in the new stadium as there are at Subi. So before you come over I would advise that you enquire about spare seats.
Both clubs here have waiting lists so wont be many seats left.

Yeah I wouldn't go over without having a ticket haha.
They always designate a certain amount for travelling supporters though so shouldn't be a problem.
I love that 85% of the seats are undercover too. Well designed. Not that it ever rains in Perth haha

Ziplock

Quote from: quinny88 on December 09, 2014, 12:09:13 AM
Quote from: elephants on December 09, 2014, 12:08:06 AM

Yeah probably the most likely scenario

knock it down, subdivide it then put on a flowerton of really nice townhouses :P

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 09, 2014, 12:11:55 AM

Yep.

LF

Patersons is an absolute showerhole and it is so outdated.Should never had been allowed to get that way.
Takes ages to use the toliet,get a drink and get food unless you take your own because it costs a small fortune.
Love the MCG and Etihad so much better and no nazi security telling you to go sit down because you are actually allowed to stand at the back.Also love the tv's everywhere showing the game when you are getting food or a drink.Seating is better as well.

Jukes

I like Patersons :'(

I always just get Maccas in the city on the way to the game though and eat it at the stadium so don't know much about food and drinks other than they're flowering expensive - which is what every sane business with market power does. Security doesn't mind as long as there's nothing else in with the food.

tbagrocks

Looks flowering awesome!

BTW I believe the crows will continue to train and operate out of West Lakes currently till 2048? :P