Main Menu

Footys Big Bash

Started by nrich102, December 05, 2014, 07:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: henry on December 06, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
Would be injury city you'd think, a lot of these guys would only be playing for the local suburban club. I remember when Wayne Carey came back a couple years back for some charity match and tore his quad or something in the first quarter lol and that was that. There would be so many injuries. You don't have to be fit to play cricket, especially t20, you do to play footy without getting injured. I don't find the idea of a bunch of has-beens playing that appealing tbh. Also, when would it take place? We've already got footy from march or even mid feb to the end of september, that's enough for me. Can't see there being any sort of significant interest in it, the thing with BBL is that the players are still playing or are good enough to be, huge difference.

Someone like Fev would be alright in a comp like this as he normally plays multiple games of Footy on a weekend. Recently retired players should be able to get through it if they weren't completely f'ed at the point of retirement, not so recently and it is Legends game Territory. This would work if you get state league players involved. Guys like Marcon, Blackwell, Iles, Panos as it would give them a place to showcase their skills in hopes of getting a crack in the big time (although most of those guys probably won't be on AFL lists again).