WXV International Draft 2014

Started by ossie85, November 30, 2014, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Seb Ross wasnt available to be picked was he?

ossie85

Preseason draft now open! Beijing first up

Thanks all

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 11, 2014, 05:27:45 PM
Nah, I realised now Rico must have been referring to Ben Ross. I was thinking it was Seb, hence my comment.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on December 11, 2014, 05:30:00 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 11, 2014, 05:27:45 PM
Nah, I realised now Rico must have been referring to Ben Ross. I was thinking it was Seb, hence my comment.
yep Ben Ross. Seb is sitting nicely on our bench.

My Chumps

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 11, 2014, 05:07:01 PM
Josh Cowan

Also think a change of clubs means this guy won't be used as an under-sized key defender, and might get his hands on the ball
Ahhhh goddamit. Thought he'd slip back to us in the rookie draft.

Toga

Quote from: Holz on December 11, 2014, 05:21:35 PM
Yay,

someone took him. Top stuff Purp. I feel a few avoiding the spoon should have picked him up though, almost did at 41 for Dillos but they needed defenders more.

We considered him but our defenders are more thin than our fwds hence we took Ted Richards instead (who averages the same as JPod).

Holz

Quote from: Toga on December 11, 2014, 07:26:09 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 11, 2014, 05:21:35 PM
Yay,

someone took him. Top stuff Purp. I feel a few avoiding the spoon should have picked him up though, almost did at 41 for Dillos but they needed defenders more.

We considered him but our defenders are more thin than our fwds hence we took Ted Richards instead (who averages the same as JPod).

I saw that, was a very good pick that one.

wish dillos had a few more late ones as he would have been a guy I would have targeted. Just couldn't pass on number 16 in the draft.

Toga

Thanks Holzy, I really wanted both Ted (for immediate scoring) and Tayte Pears (as I think he has a lot of potential) so stoked to get them both! :)

Hellopplz

Quote from: Toga on December 11, 2014, 07:29:32 PM
Thanks Holzy, I really wanted both Ted (for immediate scoring) and Tayte Pears (as I think he has a lot of potential) so stoked to get them both! :)
Not sure if he can fit back but has been trialled up forward. Hopefully gets some games here and there but hard to displace the Bomber defence, unless Fletch is rested!

Very nice picks Purp, especially late. Pods/Fletch are great depth for the short term, I was actually considering Pods because could use the forward depth boost, and think you guys could use them well with your midfield strength ;).

Purple 77

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 11, 2014, 08:54:58 PM
Quote from: Toga on December 11, 2014, 07:29:32 PM
Not sure if he can fit back but has been trialled up forward. Hopefully gets some games here and there but hard to displace the Bomber defence, unless Fletch is rested!

Very nice picks Purp, especially late. Pods/Fletch are great depth for the short term, I was actually considering Pods because could use the forward depth boost, and think you guys could use them well with your midfield strength ;).

Cheers HP, I hope I don't have to play Pods though :P

If Fletch keeps up his 80 average, which i was surprised he had, he'll play some handy games for me. They are also just mere picks in the 90s, I doubt there would have been future young guns to pick anyway, so thought I may as well  :)