WXV International Draft 2014

Started by ossie85, November 30, 2014, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on December 07, 2014, 02:47:11 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 07, 2014, 02:30:02 PM
People want the comp to be more equal, the cap has hurt them so doing my best for the comp..

Talking Buenos Aires? They traded out all their stars, and still were 1800+ points over the cap, despite being basically guaranteed bottom 4. This was after feedback, where we reduced the min by 2000 points and reduced the max which conceptually helps them also. If anything the cap was too lenient.

Plus they were top 4 for 3 years in a row, so it's not like they have been in a world of pain

I have a whole thing about how the max cap hurts them the most of any team. I could go into it but it might not be a good idea..

Is there anything wrong with my helping them out as an assistant?

ossie85

Quote from: Holz on December 07, 2014, 02:51:54 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on December 07, 2014, 02:47:11 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 07, 2014, 02:30:02 PM
People want the comp to be more equal, the cap has hurt them so doing my best for the comp..

Talking Buenos Aires? They traded out all their stars, and still were 1800+ points over the cap, despite being basically guaranteed bottom 4. This was after feedback, where we reduced the min by 2000 points and reduced the max which conceptually helps them also. If anything the cap was too lenient.

Plus they were top 4 for 3 years in a row, so it's not like they have been in a world of pain

Would make it very hard for you to get trades approved with them, a big conflict of interest. But no real issue other than that
I have a whole thing about how the max cap hurts them the most of any team. I could go into it but it might not be a good idea..

Is there anything wrong with my helping them out as an assistant?

Holz

All good just helping with the picks and rebuild stray.

Very interested to see who slips through Moscow.

Jukes

idk what torp's up to so I'll just take the pick

Very 50/50 between two players, but we'll have Darcy Moore

Holz

Quote from: Biff Tannen on December 07, 2014, 03:05:23 PM
idk what torp's up to so I'll just take the pick

Very 50/50 between two players, but we'll have Darcy Moore

Great pick we considered him at 7 but luckily De goey slipped. Would have loved him at 15 but more than happy to pick up Corey Ellis.

Huge mid boost with brayshaw, De goey and Ellis.

RaisyDaisy

We were very close to selecting Moore too, but decided that he probably wont be a huge SC scorer

We have a few guys on our radar. Really hoping one of them slips through to us at 28!

*Waits for Meow to storm through now and clean house

Nige

The second of meow's 8 picks now, can't wait until the 4 in a row.  :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 07, 2014, 03:23:47 PM
We were very close to selecting Moore too, but decided that he probably wont be a huge SC scorer

We have a few guys on our radar. Really hoping one of them slips through to us at 28!

*Waits for Meow to storm through now and clean house
Moore has big potential to be a big SCer, just need things to fall into place.

meow meow

Torpedo10

Hellopplz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 07, 2014, 03:25:17 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 07, 2014, 03:23:47 PM
Moore has big potential to be a big SCer, just need things to fall into place.
Depends where he plays ;). If he goes back...

Nige

The next 10 picks belong to Seoul, Christchurch and Beijing.  :o

Torpedo10

Quote from: Nige on December 07, 2014, 03:38:01 PM
The next 10 picks belong to Seoul, Christchurch and Beijing.  :o

Hellopplz

It's Moscow's pick now though :P.

Nige