WXV International Draft 2014

Started by ossie85, November 30, 2014, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

The PI are picking #9 Liam Duggan ty ;D

Nige

So, we're pretty stoked to welcome this attractive young lad to the club with #10.

We'll take Paul "Acorn" Ahern!

Nige says: Kid's a gun, stoked to get him at 10. Should be fantastic in a M/F DPP capacity and could well and truly turn out the best player from this draft.

ML says: Paula 'Acorn' Ahern. He's a bloke that knows how to do things. Expect him to not only kick and handball, but also run and do the catching thing. He's also pretty good at checkers and even better at peeling carrots, which is ultimately why we picked the Acorn.

Dave says: Well, I just mowed the lawn, so Acorn seemed like an obvious choice.

Pk says: Should be called Paul "The Fringe" Ahern, solid pick up for us.

meow meow

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 06, 2014, 03:31:28 PM
The PI are picking #9 Liam Duggan ty ;D

It was 50/50 between Duggan and Steele for me. Classy player. I'll probably regret not picking him, especially if he gets and keeps DPP.

elephants

Quote from: Nige on December 06, 2014, 03:40:27 PM

Is this because he's shower and will always be on the fringe? Probably. #draftbanter #whattup

RaisyDaisy

Damn you Pacific! I was hoping to get Duggan  :'(

Shouldn't be too long, just need to decide who to pick as there is about 5 players I am trying to decide between now that Duggan got snapped up  :'(

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on December 06, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

Is this because he's shower and will always be on the fringe? Probably. #draftbanter #whattup
Nah, we were using classic misdirection. Contrary to popular belief, it's due to his raunchy as flower fringe he's got going on.

AaronKirk

I'm online now, won't be too long hopefully

When did we decide to start the draft now? A heads up would have been good

Edit: Just seen Os post in the WXV discussion thread. I haven't been on today

RaisyDaisy

ossie85

11 picks in, moving pretty quickly, well done guys

Vinny

Good stuff fellas.

Stoked with Brayshaw and JDG so far.

Hopefully we can get to my pick tonight.

kilbluff1985

good chance jbs wont be on until tomorrow i think he might be drunk at stereos currently lol

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 06, 2014, 05:44:43 PM
good chance jbs wont be on until tomorrow i think he might be drunk at stereos currently lol

Yeah.... Drunk  :P

Nige

Bill Manspeaker

Dave says: Well, I just mowed the lawn, so Acorn seemed like an obvious choice.

hahaha as good a reason as any

Memphistopheles

Quote from: elephants on December 06, 2014, 10:54:05 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 06, 2014, 10:51:27 AM
Looks like we would only have had a choice between him and McCartin at 4 anyway if we had it and I'd still have preferred Wright.

Haha, either you're delusional or desperate to not be seen as miscalculating a trade :p

Let's come back to this one in another 3 seasons or so. McCartin will play early but I can't see him ever averaging much more than 90 whereas Wright as a ruc/fwd could go 100+ one day.

Emma Quayle agrees with me: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2014-afl-draft-a-level-playing-field-for-recruiters-20141115-11nfn5.html

And she's the best in the business when it comes to the kids and the phantom drafts: http://hurlingpeoplenow.tumblr.com/post/104125620572/phantom-drafts-and-the-real-afl-draft-the-washup

But, given Wright will take a lot of time and is a long term project I'm expecting we might cop a bit of heat for this pick in the next few seasons.