Main Menu

Adelaide Oval Deal

Started by Grazz, November 20, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Mailman the 2nd

Well Port recorded a $2 million loss didn't they? Even after tons of packed crowds and a successful year. Fair to say they got the deal wrong lol

Grazz

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 20, 2014, 04:07:47 PM
Well Port recorded a $2 million loss didn't they? Even after tons of packed crowds and a successful year. Fair to say they got the deal wrong lol

Yeh its been a screw up mate, AO was meant to put alot of money (rightly so) into the pockets of the two Adelaide teams. Im dumbfounded to be honest how the deal was excepted in the 1st place. SANFL have used them as cash cows.

Sweetness

Think the AFL pressured the Crows/Power to take, what was a pro-SANFL deal, to get them to Adelaide Oval quicker, even though the Crows/Power weren't happy with it.
I believe the deal was also set with the estimated crowds being 35k, instead of the 50k we achieved this year.

We now have an issue where I think the SANFL are getting paid way overs.

Grazz

Quote from: Sweetness on November 20, 2014, 08:12:48 PM
Think the AFL pressured the Crows/Power to take, what was a pro-SANFL deal, to get them to Adelaide Oval quicker, even though the Crows/Power weren't happy with it.
I believe the deal was also set with the estimated crowds being 35k, instead of the 50k we achieved this year.

The Premier has threatened to get involved if a compromise isnt found, by that i think he means changing the legislation on how the board runs Adelaide oval or who sits on it ensuring the Crows and the Power have someone on it. Really kind of fed up how the SANFL has bled both teams.

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on November 20, 2014, 10:40:39 PM

The Premier has threatened to get involved if a compromise isnt found, by that i think he means changing the legislation on how the board runs Adelaide oval or who sits on it ensuring the Crows and the Power have someone on it. Really kind of fed up how the SANFL has bled both teams.

I've been saying this for ages not sure to Grazz, but I think so, but to work mates, the SANFL are leeches

Grazz

Quote from: Dudge on November 21, 2014, 08:42:16 PM

Quote from: Grazz on November 20, 2014, 10:40:39 PM

I've been saying this for ages not sure to Grazz, but I think so, but to work mates, the SANFL are leeches

Yep and now instead of doing a deal and loosing a bit of cash they are gunna put up Adelaide oval membership a $100, they are barbies just quietly.

Sweetness

Am I right in saying John Olsen, the head of the SANFL is also somewhat in charge of the SMA or is that wrong?

Cos, surely that is a conflict of interest.

GM

Quote from: Sweetness on November 22, 2014, 05:02:04 PM
Am I right in saying John Olsen, the head of the SANFL is also somewhat in charge of the SMA or is that wrong?

The SANFL made a huge profit.
Go Figure this!

Grazz

Quote from: GM on November 22, 2014, 05:15:01 PM
Quote from: Sweetness on November 22, 2014, 05:02:04 PM

The SANFL made a huge profit.
Go Figure this!

The SMA board is a flower up no question, the Premier has said hell change legislation if need be to fix it, dont hold your breath. :-\

GM the SANFL are like pigs in a trough when it comes to money, im not an AO member but i would be very dirty if i was. >:(