Main Menu

AFL's Fans Plans

Started by Grazz, November 20, 2014, 07:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Interesting but some of it like the coin toss i reckon should be left as is. Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-20/coin-toss-may-be-thrown

Ringo

I would like to leave it as Grazz.   Did the coin toss at the Gabba about 4 years ago ((Yes it did get up in the air and spin) and even at my age still an experience, Great for fans.  Do not know how other clubs do it but Brisbane have a comp via their website before each home game for fans to win the coin toss.
They could probably look at cutting down the amount of time between when teams run out on the field and coin toss. Not sure what the 10 - 15 minutes of extra warm ups and runs really achieves.

Ricochet

Doubt they will cut down onfield warm ups. Clubs would push for longer before they'd consider cutting them down.

Thought this would be interesting to see :o
- Turning the lights off at Etihad Stadium to build atmosphere before players run out on the ground was also discussed

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 10:07:35 AM
(Yes it did get up in the air and spin)

There were some shockers this year. I hate the ones where they chuck it ten metres away and the captains have to go find it. ::)

Grazz

I would like to leave it as Grazz.   Did the coin toss at the Gabba about 4 years ago ((Yes it did get up in the air and spin) and even at my age still an experience, Great for fans.  Do not know how other clubs do it but Brisbane have a comp via their website before each home game for fans to win the coin toss.
They could probably look at cutting down the amount of time between when teams run out on the field and coin toss. Not sure what the 10 - 15 minutes of extra warm ups and runs really achieves.

It would be a pretty cool thing to do well done mate. My thoughts are the coin toss is good as it is and reckon it should be in the centre of the ground. Turning the lights out etc and trying to create a better experience for the fans im happy with, the more fun you can generate for the fans dollar the better. Port do it well at AO and the Crows cottoned on pretty quick. Anything that makes it a better experience for the fans im all for.

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on November 20, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

It would be a pretty cool thing to do well done mate. My thoughts are the coin toss is good as it is and reckon it should be in the centre of the ground. Turning the lights out etc and trying to create a better experience for the fans im happy with, the more fun you can generate for the fans dollar the better. Port do it well at AO and the Crows cottoned on pretty quick. Anything that makes it a better experience for the fans im all for.
But no live Lions.  Haha

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 06:15:39 PM

But no live Lions.  Haha

haha yep no live lions. ;D

nrich102

Quote from: Grazz on November 20, 2014, 06:28:27 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 06:15:39 PM

But no live Lions.  Haha

haha yep no live lions. ;D
I thought we were saying to bring back the real lion  ??? ???

:P

kilbluff1985

turning the lights off will never happen it's to risky for security

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 21, 2014, 12:24:04 AM

Yeh you'd think there would be some crowd safety issues also, doubt they would have a total blackout but yeh could be a few Occ Health and Safety issues.

Capper

Quote from: Grazz on November 21, 2014, 12:39:01 AM

Yeh you'd think there would be some crowd safety issues also, doubt they would have a total blackout but yeh could be a few Occ Health and Safety issues.
plus it takes time for the lights to actually come on. You want to make sure that all the lights work before you start the game

Grazz

Quote from: tabs on November 21, 2014, 04:20:06 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 21, 2014, 12:39:01 AM

plus it takes time for the lights to actually come on. You want to make sure that all the lights work before you start the game

8 minutes i think i read somewhere.

SydneyRox

yeah, the big metal halide lights need time to get to full output.

Ps. what is this basketball??