Tominator's Top 22 Phantom Draft

Started by Tominator, November 18, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

That was very interesting. The SC Paige stuff was funny. :P

Hellopplz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 22, 2014, 06:23:22 PM
flowering amazing work mate. That was an awesome read
Yeah, brilliant read Tomi, loved it all!

Blakely was linked with one of the bomber picks like last month, can still see us snatching him at #20. Would be happy if we can land him + Lamb. Could use a decent Tall forward prospect to form a duo with Daniher, so wouldn't mind if McKenzie comes into discussions for the Bombers! But Saints could really use him as well, especially if they are likely to bypass McCartin.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 23, 2014, 12:49:03 AM
That was very interesting. The SC Paige stuff was funny. :P
Did enjoy the Paige stuff haha.

jobe#4

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 23, 2014, 01:04:42 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 22, 2014, 06:23:22 PM
flowering amazing work mate. That was an awesome read
Yeah, brilliant read Tomi, loved it all!

Blakely was linked with one of the bomber picks like last month, can still see us snatching him at #20. Would be happy if we can land him + Lamb. Could use a decent Tall forward prospect to form a duo with Daniher, so wouldn't mind if McKenzie comes into discussions for the Bombers! But Saints could really use him as well, especially if they are likely to bypass McCartin.
+1 with McKenzie

jobe#4

Quote from: Nige on November 22, 2014, 11:23:36 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 22, 2014, 11:22:01 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 22, 2014, 07:33:33 PM
Read something earlier today by a draft watcher that reckons Tom Lamb might need to land at a club with a strong culture given his attitude/personality to straighten him out a bit to really make him a great player because he certainly has 'it'.
Do you have the link man? Didn't actually know about this.
He's not like a crazy kid or anything, it's not a huge deal.

Yeah, hang on. I'll find it.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/2myzcd/i_am_a_full_time_junior_football_watcher_ask_me/
about 1/4 way down the thread he provides a really interesting comparison between Duggan, Ellis and Weller going to Richmond. He doesn't believe the hype with Ellis at all

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 23, 2014, 11:26:23 AM
Read something earlier today by a draft watcher that reckons Tom Lamb might need to land at a club with a strong culture given his attitude/personality to straighten him out a bit to really make him a great player because he certainly has 'it'.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/2myzcd/i_am_a_full_time_junior_football_watcher_ask_me/
about 1/4 way down the thread he provides a really interesting comparison between Duggan, Ellis and Weller going to Richmond. He doesn't believe the hype with Ellis at all
Yeah, as a Tigers fan that really interested me. Even more so because I feel the same.

Bully

We have interviewed Ellis but in no way does that mean he's our preferred selection. Callum Twomey has been raving on about him but I'm with Skippos, he's in the 20-25 range.

Tominator

Quote from: Bully on November 23, 2014, 01:33:35 PM

We have interviewed Ellis but in no way does that mean he's our preferred selection. Callum Twomey has been raving on about him but I'm with Skippos, he's in the 20-25 range.

Agree. The likes of Langford, Lamb, Weller, Neal-Bullen and Blakely are better than Ellis IMO. He befits the 20-25 range, hence why he didn't crack my Top 22

Pkbaldy

Langford - Weller - Neal-Bullen- Lamb - Ellis - Blakely for me :P See all 6 of them becoming really good players.

Tominator

Sorry boys I've been away since last night, won't be back til next Monday so can't commentate on the draft live! Look forward to seeing who goes where though

Tominator

Besides the FS/Academy picks, I only got one pick right   ::)

Heeney at 18, Moore at 9, De Goey at Pick 5! Shows how unpredictable the draft really was... either that or I've just got no idea haha ;D

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on December 01, 2014, 01:45:22 PM
Shows how unpredictable the draft really was... either that or I've just got no idea haha ;D
Bit of both.  ;)

Ringo

Think it is the former - You only look no further than the various xv's drafts to see the differences.