British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 30, 2014, 03:15:38 PM
Why should it be up to the new coaches? Whoever gets Bradford arent going to want to chop there team up and fill it with grope lane players.

The question is do we want two good teams or one good team and one shower team.

And arguing that you dont want to fastrack grope lanes success as it will damage the teams around it is ridiculous and just accepting mediocrity. They can also get better by trading in older guys but they chose not too. Bontempelli over gibbs? Thats tanking right there.
Why shouldn't it be up to the new coaches? Why do you want to deprive them of such a decision? The state of Badgers list is pretty clear to see, they've got a fairly strong side, but there's a few things the new coach could do. This is probably the most even XVs competition, the gap between first and last isn't that big.

Memph's already done well to help the Steins and the new coach shouldn't have too much trouble helping Grope Lane as the bones of a good young team are there. I can easily see the Giants outdoing their result from last year.

ossie85

The best thing I liked about the merging of two teams is that the incoming coach get a better sense of control and ownership of the team, rather than inheriting other's people's decisions, they get to put their own personality on it.

nostradamus

As a member of the Grope Lane application I definately want the team to stay the way it is.........not a combination of both teams.

Ringo

As I am in the process of sorting out draw Can you advise the following for me if need be.

Any change in Team Names or Locations
Any Change in Home grounds

Round 7 will be the rivalry round and if changes are required please let me know.

1. Liverpool Rams v Huddersfield Hawks
2. Bradford Badgers v Crosby Cruisers
3. Winchester Werewolves v Hastings Hurricanes
4. Manchester Magic v Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs (Red Cross Cup)
5. Leeds Leeches v Nottingham Hoods (Far Cup)
6. Blackpool Bunnies v  Staines Steins
7. Grope Lane Giants v Swansea Breakers (Lion Shield)
8. Oxford Owls v Birmingham Dragons (Heisenberg Cup)

Also let me know if you want to change Trophies or add a trophy to the this rivalry Round,

Nige

Don't think our cup is still called the Raptors Cup considering we're not Falcons.  :P

Pkbaldy

I'll have to talk to the new Badgers owner about it when he gets voted in.

Memphistopheles

What shall we call our rivalry SR?

The Rabbit and Ale Pie Cup?

How about the

Check out those Rabbit Staines on the Rroad after I ran them over Cup?

kilbluff1985

cant beat the Heisenberg Cup anyway so don't matter  ;D

Ringo

Just let me know if you are having a new trophy Nige.

Nige

SydneyRox

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 04, 2014, 01:28:20 PM

How about the

I have the perfect Stein as the trophy

Memphistopheles

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 04, 2014, 04:54:06 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 04, 2014, 01:28:20 PM

How about the

I have the perfect Stein as the trophy

Haha I love it.

So the Rabbit Sh*tStain Cup then?

SydneyRox

elephants

Hey y'all,

What's the go with rookie lists? Are they continuous or do we get to make a new one each season (I think its the latter).

Cheers!

Rusty00

Quote from: elephants on November 12, 2014, 11:49:36 AM
Hey y'all,

What's the go with rookie lists? Are they continuous or do we get to make a new one each season (I think its the latter).

Cheers!
We get to make a new one this season, but that might be only because of the Recycled Players draft we had. Not sure what the norm is.