British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Merged them and get two new coaches to draft like in worlds.

SydneyRox

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 29, 2014, 08:48:29 PM

No. we have already lost a couple. surely we can find 2 coaches. we already have 2 applicants for starters?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 29, 2014, 11:31:19 PM

No. we have already lost a couple. surely we can find 2 coaches. we already have 2 applicants for starters?

Yes i am not proposing scraping them and having a recycled draft. I am talking about joining all the players of both teams together and then having the two.new coaches draft there own teams out of them. Like In Worlds

kilbluff1985

It would even the comp even more and get the Giants off the bottom maybe

SydneyRox

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 29, 2014, 11:38:55 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 29, 2014, 11:31:19 PM

Yes i am not proposing scraping them and having a recycled draft. I am talking about joining all the players of both teams together and then having the two.new coaches draft there own teams out of them. Like In Worlds

ok, i havent been across the worlds one, checked it out. Now i understand. Seems like a reasonable plan given the position of the teams.

Nige

Ringo

I was against the proposal in Worlds and against the proposal here and state my views as to why.

My thoughts are teams have been built by coaches for specific purposes and without offending either Whatlez or Nails heir teams have been built differently.  I can foresee the Badgers sliding down the table in 2016 and the Giants going up even this year. 

However main reason being against is, I consider it unfair to the 14 other coaches who have differing strategies for 2 teams to be totally redrafted producing possibly stronger teams that will further stunt their plans for the future.

elephants

I don't see it that way at all. I see it as dragging a bottom side off the bottom and creating two teams with upside. Honestly think if they merged that both teams could push for top 4.

JBs-Hawks

New coaches will also be alot more attached to there teams if they draft them themselves

Ringo

Like it ele how we can have a reasonable debate I see it as disadvantaging the other 6 bottom clubs who may be pushed further behind in their development by creation of 2 strong teams which is unfair.

elephants

Agreed ;)

Yeah fair enough, you think that Grope Lane will be on the rise though in 2016? Won't it help the bottom 6 clubs if these young guns at Grope Lane get spread across two teams?

And this:

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 30, 2014, 10:14:28 AM
New coaches will also be alot more attached to there teams if they draft them themselves

Ringo

I have had a PM from a coach who wants to apply that sees taking on the Giants as a challenge so as you can see a couple of conflicting views. Will consider all when we know who successful coaches will be.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 09:06:08 AM
I was against the proposal in Worlds and against the proposal here and state my views as to why.

My thoughts are teams have been built by coaches for specific purposes and without offending either Whatlez or Nails heir teams have been built differently.  I can foresee the Badgers sliding down the table in 2016 and the Giants going up even this year. 

However main reason being against is, I consider it unfair to the 14 other coaches who have differing strategies for 2 teams to be totally redrafted producing possibly stronger teams that will further stunt their plans for the future.

I agree with Ringo - the Worlds draft was interesting yes but I think these teams should be kept as is and new coaches found.

Last season Grope Lane and ourselves were battling for the wooden spoon.

We think we've revitalised our team now and are ready to push on up the ladder in the coming seasons along with Grope Lane but if they all of a sudden get a big boost/ become a new more competitive team that's another team we won't be able to compete with until we're good.

Nige

I think it should be up to the applicants/new coaches themselves. The new coach of the Giants may very well want to take Grope Lane from second last to further up the table with current list for all we know.

Plus the points Memph and Ringo have made are good.

JBs-Hawks

Why should it be up to the new coaches? Whoever gets Bradford arent going to want to chop there team up and fill it with grope lane players.

The question is do we want two good teams or one good team and one shower team.

And arguing that you dont want to fastrack grope lanes success as it will damage the teams around it is ridiculous and just accepting mediocrity. They can also get better by trading in older guys but they chose not too. Bontempelli over gibbs? Thats tanking right there.