British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2014, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2014, 04:43:55 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2014, 04:41:56 PM
Six rucks feels like a bit too much.  :P

lol yeah call it being paranoid after not having a ruck for the first few rounds this year

McEvoy is on the table though, Hale should retire so will have better JS
Post was directed at Memph, not you. ;)

When you consider that only Jamar and Grundy and maybe Gawn are in the best 22 at their clubs and Gawn we are hoping is a ruc/fwd it's not.

Spencer, Gawn, King we basically have as an audition for who will be the next Demons #1 after Jamar once he retires. Naismith is a long way off at Sydney and will be rookie listed while Grundy could overtake all the Dees rucks and become our #1 or we could trade him

kilbluff1985

McEvoy, Clarke, Belly, Hannath, Wood, Thurlow

my 6 are better ;)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2014, 05:01:35 PM

my 6 are better ;)

None are the #1 ruck for their team though which is a concern

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 09, 2014, 05:05:30 PM

my 6 are better ;)

Clarke will be when Sandi retires and McEvoy will be fine when Hale retires i think Big Boy just needs another preseason to learn the Hawks game style and i got Belly to be used mostly as a forward

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2014, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 09, 2014, 05:05:30 PM

my 6 are better ;)

Clarke will be when Sandi retires and McEvoy will be fine when Hale retires i think Big Boy just needs another preseason to learn the Hawks game style and i got Belly to be used mostly as a forward

I would think Griffin will be #1 when sandi goes, Clarke continues as the mobile fwd/ruck player?

elephants

Its irrelevant. Rucks don't score well in sportal :P

Nige

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2014, 07:06:36 PM
Its irrelevant. Rucks don't score well in sportal :P
Unless their name is Todd Goldstein.  ;)

kilbluff1985

We going to copy EXV with child boards?

Ringo

In answer to KB's question.

I have been having discussions with HP who now has administrator rights to the forum.

We will be having a child board for team threads making it easier to locate. Coaches will be responsible though for keeping their team threads up to date.

This will be an opportunity for coaches to revamp their team thread or start afresh - If you are starting afresh please let me know so that I do not merge your existing team thread.

To maintain the Team Histories I am proposing to have a topic ***** Team History where I will merge all previous team threads relating to ***** team.  Think this is the best option as we will have a current team thread and then a History thread for team.

Also a proposal for an archive board where previous years threads can be archived at our discretion.

Only real concern I have is that board may be a little bare until we get into the pre-season as the only topics will be this thread, Rules discussion thread, trade Threads, Draft Threads when archive is done.

Advantages as i see it is board will become less cluttered and we may need any stickies at all.

Please feel free to comment.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on September 16, 2014, 08:41:45 AM
In answer to KB's question.

I have been having discussions with HP who now has administrator rights to the forum.

We will be having a child board for team threads making it easier to locate. Coaches will be responsible though for keeping their team threads up to date.

This will be an opportunity for coaches to revamp their team thread or start afresh - If you are starting afresh please let me know so that I do not merge your existing team thread.

To maintain the Team Histories I am proposing to have a topic ***** Team History where I will merge all previous team threads relating to ***** team.  Think this is the best option as we will have a current team thread and then a History thread for team.

Also a proposal for an archive board where previous years threads can be archived at our discretion.

Only real concern I have is that board may be a little bare until we get into the pre-season as the only topics will be this thread, Rules discussion thread, trade Threads, Draft Threads when archive is done.

Advantages as i see it is board will become less cluttered and we may need any stickies at all.

Please feel free to comment.

I think this is a great idea.

I always hate having to click back to page 2/3 to find a certain team's thread.

Nige

As long as old team threads aren't merged with current ones, that's fine.

Ringo

Check out how it is going at the moment as I have started moving threads.  You will also see what I mean with History as you will see a couple of threads there.

Moving team Threads first before attacking archives.  Will ask HP to arrange the Topics if possible so the 16 current team threads are at the top.

kilbluff1985

Justin Bieber

Think Ringo asked for the team threads to be ordered but I am unable to find an option for that yet. Will look for one eventually or see a way around it!

Ringo

OK at the moment as all 16 teams are first in the list with History Threads for those at the end.