British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

i don't think they are doing the 3 bye round thing because the seasons a bit later but not 100% sure obviously

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 28, 2014, 09:34:11 AM
i don't think they are doing the 3 bye round thing because the seasons a bit later but not 100% sure obviously

Great if so

Ringo

Worth considering Will look at it when actual draw is announced and see what can be worked out. We have an opportunity here with the reduction of teams to 16.

kilbluff1985

sorry if you have posted this already Ringo but

since all coaches are in place will trade period commence on the 8th instead of the 15th ?

also would you be against people posting trades after this weekend but obviously not to be approved until trade period opens?

not easy remembering deals for every trade especially when in multiple comps i'm sure i'm not the only one that would like to do this

Ringo

Have updated they key dates thread to reflect changes that have been agreed to.

Regarding posting trades can not post until trade period commences. Sorry but that defeats the purpose of having a designated trade period.  You can agree on trades before the period commences but they must not be posted until the official trade period begins.

kilbluff1985

kilbluff1985

people should be worried about Birmingham next year very worried

Burgoyne, Suckling, Dempsey, Atley
Rocky, B Crouch, Miles, Ziebell
McEvoy
Zaharakis, Howlett, Billings, Clarke/Schulz
Caddy, T Mitchell

have fixed my biggest problem which was my forwards

Memphistopheles

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2014, 02:18:37 PM

McEvoy
Caddy, T Mitchell

Not sure that's really fixed. I doubt Zaka gets fwd, McEvoy hasn't been playing for the Hawks lately so you'll have a hole in the ruck if you play Clarke forward and Titch is still on the outer of the best 22 at the Swans

It's definitely better though.

Capper

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 09, 2014, 02:25:01 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2014, 02:18:37 PM

McEvoy
Caddy, T Mitchell

Not sure that's really fixed. I doubt Zaka gets fwd, McEvoy hasn't been playing for the Hawks lately so you'll have a hole in the ruck if you play Clarke forward and Titch is still on the outer of the best 22 at the Swans

It's definitely better though.
+1 Zaha will be a mid only

kilbluff1985

Titch isn't on the outer he has had injury troubles all year they just managing him will be fine with an uninterrupted preseason

Zaharakis is every chance to get DPP they gave it to him in AF

i have McEvoy, Clarke and Bellchambers as ruck yes Belly had a poor year but he had like no preseason and even if i have to play Clarke in the ruck i can play Schulz or Turner who should get DPP and be a decent scorer and Crisp i think will get DPP and scored pretty well this year

Memphistopheles

Also how's this for a transformation?

Staines Steins 2014 squad

Defenders: Dean Terlich, Ricky Henderson, Nathan Grima, Lee Spurr, Elliott Yeo, Dan Nicholson, Marty Clarke, Ben Rutten, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Tom Lonergan, Brodie Martin, Rhys Stanley, Alexis Georgiou, Ciaran Byrne.
Midfielders: Kieran Jack, Tendai Mzungu, Ryan Lester, Viv Michie, Jarryd Cachia, Ryan Crowley, Jed Anderson, Harry Cunningham, Josh Kelly, Brandon Jack, Nathan Gordon, Alex Greenwood, Lloyd Perris
Rucks: Ivan Maric, Mark Jamar, Jake Spencer, Sam Naismith, Angus Graham, Max King.
Forwards: Kurt Tippett, Mitch Clark, Lachie Hunter (MID), Josh Jenkins, Jamie Elliott, Lewis Jetta (MID), Jesse Hogan, Beau Maister, Kristian Jaksch, Matt Spanger, Malcolm Karpany, Luke Reynolds.

Staines Steins 2015 squad

Defenders: Nick Vlastuin (MID), Ricky Henderson, Nathan Grima, Lee Spurr, Elliott Yeo, Kristian Jaksch, Matt Spangher, Alexis Georgiou, Ciaran Byrne.
Midfielders: Kieran Jack, Jack Redden, Lewis Jetta, Tendai Mzungu, Viv Michie, Marcus Bontempelli, Jed Anderson, Harry Cunningham, Josh Kelly, Lloyd Perris, Jake Barrett, Jarrad Jansen.
Rucks: Mark Jamar, Brodie Grundy, Jake Spencer, Max Gawn, Sam Naismith, Max King.
Forwards: Adam Tomlinson (DEF), Mitch Clark, Lachie Hunter (MID), Josh Jenkins, Jamie Elliott, Jesse Hogan, Rhys Stanley, Taylor Garner.

With the following picks to fill in the gaps in our squad.

Nat: 1, 17, 23, 31.
Rookie: 1, 17, 28, 33, 49, 52.

Bye, bye dead wood :D :D

Nige

Six rucks feels like a bit too much.  :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2014, 04:41:56 PM

lol yeah call it being paranoid after not having a ruck for the first few rounds this year

McEvoy is on the table though, Hale should retire so will have better JS

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2014, 04:43:55 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2014, 04:41:56 PM

lol yeah call it being paranoid after not having a ruck for the first few rounds this year

McEvoy is on the table though, Hale should retire so will have better JS
Post was directed at Memph, not you. ;)

kilbluff1985