British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Are we short on coaches? Or just have no one in the waiting list?

kilbluff1985

Ringo

Unlike other competitions British advertise for vacancies as we do not have a waiting list.  We had trouble filling the last vacancies but eventually did.  It may be a case of reducing competition to 16 teams but need to work out the fair way of doing it if we can not find new coaches,

kilbluff1985

if it came to that i think the best way is to take 74 players from both lists and do a draft with current ladder order

SydneyRox

If we can find coaches I am all for a recycled player draft. Reverse finishing position after finals, no snake.

Hopefully those caretaking will continue to stay.

Justin Bieber

Yeah exactly, my thinking. I would prefer a 16 man comp.

Hey Meow, go away. lol.

SydneyRox

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on August 18, 2014, 03:18:56 PM
Which teams are available? Let me see the playing lists.

You understand that no matter how much you ask, Toby Greene can only play in one spot on the field!! :P

Spite

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 18, 2014, 04:18:01 PM
Quote from: ///////////////////////// on August 18, 2014, 03:18:56 PM
Which teams are available? Let me see the playing lists.

You understand that no matter how much you ask, Toby Greene can only play in one spot on the field!! :P

Would be willing to trade him to you if you took control of a team ;)

nrich102

kilbluff1985

sorry Ringo to ask but can we get this weeks team lodgement thread going please i like getting a team in early just in vase

enthusiasm ;)

Ringo

Patience KB will get to it in eventually - got a lot of stuff on at the moment,

kilbluff1985

ok no worries just thought you might have forgot sorry

Nige

Happy to announce that with the folding of both our rivals and the recent history between the two clubs that JBs-Hawks' Huddersfield Hawks and my Liverpool Rams will be rivals from 2015 onwards.  8)

kilbluff1985

just watching afl 360 and Gerard Whateley had a really good idea for the AFL fixture and i thought i'd mention it here see the reception it gets

every team plays each other once over what would be 15 rounds for us

then the ladder is divided into groups and you play teams in your group again to decide final positions on the ladder

think it's interesting anyway

ossie85

I love that idea for the real AFL

Would work here also I think

15 games for head2head

3 games for 4 groups of 4

4 games for finals

Perfect as it adds to 22, would have to play 2 times over the 3 bye rounds though