British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: whatlez on July 24, 2014, 12:22:59 AM
45 minutes? That's pretty late for a reminder.

Not much of a coach if you need it

Ringo

Quote from: ossie85 on July 24, 2014, 07:53:35 AM

Do not think I can do much more as Sunday teams are finaliized between 5:00pm and 5:30pm on Fridays so giving teams till 7:00pm is appropriate imo especially when not obligated to do so.  When you take on a team you take on the responsibility of naming teams each week so that should be foremost in coaches mind.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on July 24, 2014, 07:53:35 AM

I don't think I've gotten it, but I never am on at that time.

Spite

I like the idea of loss of overall points but it becomes a lot of points pretty quickly I guess. (They should name teams anyway really)

Maybe 2 warnings then loss of points. Obviously reset at seasons end

kilbluff1985

hey Ringo did the team lists thread get deleted? it was handy to see which team had a player you might be interested in trading

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 10, 2014, 10:21:02 AM
hey Ringo did the team lists thread get deleted? it was handy to see which team had a player you might be interested in trading
Nah, it's on page 2. Probably just took the sticky off it because there's already like 12 sticky threads.  :P

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on August 10, 2014, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 10, 2014, 10:21:02 AM
Nah, it's on page 2. Probably just took the sticky off it because there's already like 12 sticky threads.  :P
Yeah took the sticky off because season over and there is a trade discussion thread where coaches can list trades.

kilbluff1985

just so i'm 100% clear regarding dropping the list sizes and drafting

if i only want to use 2 NAT Picks i need to delist 3 players and a 4th if i want to promote a rookie with a 3rd pick?

Ringo

You are correct with that KB as we are reducing lists by one you need to delist one more player.  Bear in mind any retired players will automatically count as one of your delistments

So in your case if you want 2 picks and a rookie promotion you will need 4 vacancies in your lists.

kilbluff1985

It's concerning we have no new coaches wanting to join

No replies in the expressions of interest thread

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 17, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

It's because 80% of the users of this forum don't look outside the P&T sections.

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on August 17, 2014, 06:02:16 PM

It's because 80% of the users of this forum don't look outside the P&T sections.
Yeah and half the regulars don't look in the P&T sections anymore.  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Vinny on August 17, 2014, 06:04:10 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 17, 2014, 06:02:16 PM

Yeah and half the regulars don't look in the P&T sections anymore.  :P

Justin Bieber

If we have a problem with coaches and equalisation, we could do something like drop the two teams who don't have coaches (if it's less, then don't worry). Then the bottom teams can choose to use lets say their second round pick off the two abandonded teams. Or we could chuck all those players into the rookie draft and the bottom with pick 1 and 2 will get gun fully prem players and even the top teams will still get good players. I'm a top 4 team and I'm actually happy for the lesser teams to get some good players for free like Nails' team especially. I've just thought of this on my phone so not how much sense it makes.

kilbluff1985

i have thought the same it's a good way to do it just reduce the comp to 16 teams