Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 05:25:14 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 05:23:13 PM
Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 04:16:49 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 04:12:29 PM
Magic for the Rob Roy, Ward C this week destroyed.

you call 148 'destroyed' ?
considering we're having a poor week, yes. :P damn he wasn't even Captain.  :(
Hate to disappoint but you have not named a Captain and Rory Sloane is your VC.
can I change Sloane to my Captain?

you don't need to since you have not named a Captain
if I don't name a captain it goes auto which is Libba, I don't want that.  :-X

LF

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 07:59:54 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 05:25:14 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 05:23:13 PM
Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 04:16:49 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 21, 2014, 04:12:29 PM
Magic for the Rob Roy, Ward C this week destroyed.

you call 148 'destroyed' ?
considering we're having a poor week, yes. :P damn he wasn't even Captain.  :(
Hate to disappoint but you have not named a Captain and Rory Sloane is your VC.
can I change Sloane to my Captain?

you don't need to since you have not named a Captain
if I don't name a captain it goes auto which is Libba, I don't want that.  :-X

Its a partial lockout torp so you
1.Can change Sloane to captain as he hasn`t played
2.Leave the VC on Sloane and he`ll still be your captain if you don`t name one
3.Put the C on someone else and just leave the VC on Sloane
4.Libba has played already and can`t be your captain anyway

Ringo

Torp
You can change as partial lock out. Think you are getting confused due to the issue of not naming captain or vice captain one week where it reverted to previous week.  You have named Sloane as VC already so even you do not name a captain Sloane's score as VC will count as Captains score.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 08:11:59 PM
Torp
You can change as partial lock out. Think you are getting confused due to the issue of not naming captain or vice captain one week where it reverted to previous week.  You have named Sloane as VC already so even you do not name a captain Sloane's score as VC will count as Captains score.
oh ok, sounds good. Yeah I was confusing it with that Ringo.   :-\

ossie85

Torp

different in worlds, if you don't name a captain it goes to your highest unlocked preference

kilbluff1985

Quote from: ossie85 on July 22, 2014, 08:10:31 AM
Torp

different in worlds, if you don't name a captain it goes to your highest unlocked preference

even with a VC named?

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 22, 2014, 02:00:33 PM
Torp

even with a VC named?

Yep

Ringo

Cant have everything the same as Worlds Oss or it would be boring. 

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on July 22, 2014, 02:36:14 PM
Cant have everything the same as Worlds Oss or it would be boring.

No problem :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: ossie85 on July 22, 2014, 02:31:10 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 22, 2014, 02:00:33 PM
Torp

even with a VC named?

Yep

Not wanting to go on too much of a tangent. But whats the point of the VC then?

Ringo

In the case of full lock out and your Captain is a late out you get the VC score. Whilst we have Partial lockouts you get the opportunity to loophole but only a few available a year,

Ringo

With 3 votes out there time to look at some other issues.

One issue I am thinking of is a penalty for not naming teams, At the moment the only real penalty is maybe loss of the team to be considered after 3 misses depending on circumstances. If a team is not named then last weeks team is the default team and this is not a real penalty.

Whilst keeping the three strikes policy also thinking of invoking these penalties.

1st time not naming a loss of 100 points from overall score
2nd Time a loss of 200 points from overall score
3rd time a loss of 300 points from overall score.

Other alternative may be Captains score is not doubled the week teams not named.

Feel free to discuss and offer any other suggestions as this is a decision that effects the overall integrity of the competition.

SydneyRox

I think the first time should be a warning only with no penalty and the previous weeks team applied.

also, does the penalty apply if only done in a row?

Ringo

Just to answer Sydney

I usually send a PM to coaches who have not lodged a team approx 45 minutes before bounce of first game. Sometimes there is an overlap but I am willing to cope with that.

If coaches are committed they should be aware that teams have to be lodged by a cut off time and that should be their priority.  Cut off times are advised in lodgement threads so they should be aware, Some coaches even name teams early in the week and adjust on Fridays just to ensure they have teams named.

Do not think first time should be a warning unless circumstances allow and then only at the discretion of Administrator. Pm'ng me after the fact would not cut it as much as Pm'ng before. \\Penalties would not apply for in row but to each occurrence.

Justin Bieber

45 minutes? That's pretty late for a reminder.