British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

At the moment these are the rules that apply:

Emergencies: ***, ***, ***  - Four emergencies (One for each Line but if OOP is used half points will apply if used)

7.4 Emergency Scoring[/b]
Emergencies will play should a starting member of your team not play, but with conditions.

7.4a. If a player on the interchange is the same position as the player that pulled out, he will be moved into that position. The extra interchange spot will be filled by your FIRST preference listed emergency.
     7.4b. If a player on the interchange is NOT of the same position, then option to replace the player who pulled out moves to your emergencies.
     7.4c. Emergencies can only replace players in the SAME position for full points.
     7.4d. If an emergency is a Dual Position Player, he can be called into either position (i.e. if he is a Fwd/Mid, he can play as either a forward or mid)
     7.4g. If you have more than 4 players in your starting 15 not playing, the highest value (determined by your draft selection) squad member from the rest of your team will play, but only a QUARTER (rounded up) of the score will count. I.e if Alan Toovey is the highest remaining squad member, and he scores 53, only 1/4 points will count towards your final score.

7.5 Use of Sub
Name one of the 4 emergencies as a sub. If the sub has not been used as an emergency replacement and scores higher than the lowest scoring player on the field then the subs score is taken.  eg If Player x scores 45 and your nominated sub scores 80 then the subs score of 80 will replace Player X's score.  Player x's score will still count as lowest score for HGA Purposes,
Note a player nominated OOP can not be the nominated subs.

So Whatlez is correct in saying that you can name a dud ruck who is playing and then name a mid sub and get his score.  However this is a risk you take in case your mid emergency is required, 

Also bear in mind that you must name one emergency from each line as well.  You can name OOP emergencies but only if there are no other players avialable playing for that line.  If there are players available eg using the defender line as the example you do not name a defender emergency but there are defenders named in teams you may be penalised 50 points.  This rule was applied to swaggers this week who named 3 mids as emergencies even though there were an additional 2 playing defenders available.

As always rules can be reviewed at end of season.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 30, 2014, 10:55:22 PM
thoughts on doing a resting thing next year like WXV? nominate to rest a player one week then you get 10-20% points increased for them the next week?

encourages teams to have good depth
You would be pissed if I versed, let's say jukes and rested Prestis, Cotchin, Barlow, Hanley, Minson and Griffen and still won then I play you the next week.

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on March 31, 2014, 04:22:10 PM
thoughts on doing a resting thing next year like WXV? nominate to rest a player one week then you get 10-20% points increased for them the next week?

You would be pissed if I versed, let's say jukes and rested Prestis, Cotchin, Barlow, Hanley, Minson and Griffen and still won then I play you the next week.
The resting rule in WXVs only allowed you to rest one player.

elephants

Quote from: NigeyS on March 31, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

He's gawt it ^

Justin Bieber

Damn I wish I could rest half my side

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on March 31, 2014, 04:58:17 PM

Damn I wish I could rest half my side
That's half the reason why it shouldn't be introduced.

Stronger sides get a massive advantage.

Ringo

Must admit not a fan of resting Voted against in worlds for the very reason we are discussing here that it advantages some sides more than others.

Like the Co Captains idea though and may see how that looks but we do not want all competitions to be the same.

kilbluff1985

An idea for next year to be voted on if enough interest

Each week teams select a player in the oppositions team to be tagged which means that players score decreases by 10%

However think maybe Captains should not be able to be tagged

I think it would be interesting

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 11, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

Each week teams select a player in the oppositions team to be tagged which means that players score decreases by 10%

Nup.

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on April 11, 2014, 08:23:39 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 11, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

Nup.
I dont like it.

Ringo

Another one for discussion and am posting here so do not forget either.

If a coach does not name a team the previous weeks teams is the default.  Do not think that this is a heavy enough penalty so thinking of if team not lodged then no Captains bonus is applied as the penalty.

Think that is a better penalty then having a set % and feel free to discuss here.

and KB not a real fan of taht one but may work on it a little more.

JBs-Hawks

kilbluff1985

fair enough was just an idea

i agree there should be a harsher penalty for not naming a team

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on April 11, 2014, 08:35:44 PM
Another one for discussion and am posting here so do not forget either.

If a coach does not name a team the previous weeks teams is the default.  Do not think that this is a heavy enough penalty so thinking of if team not lodged then no Captains bonus is applied as the penalty.

Think that is a better penalty then having a set % and feel free to discuss here.

and KB not a real fan of taht one but may work on it a little more.

In worlds,  if you miss once its no penalty.  Twice you lose a premiership point (4 points for the win), three times lose 2 points,  four times lose 3 points and are sacked

The tagging idea is interesting. ...

I'd say you nominate one player to tag an opposition player...

And the player doing the tagging loses 20% and the player being tagged loses 10%?

Great idea kb, might float that in worlds next year

nrich102

So will BXV be using the positional changes that AF are doing?