Eagles looking to appoint captain by Christmas

Started by LF, November 10, 2014, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-11-10/eagles-after-captain-by-christmas

WEST COAST coach Adam Simpson says the ability to deliver on the field is the number one criteria the Eagles next captain has to fill.

He said the club was working through a process to determine how it would go about choosing the captain and hoped to be able to announce the leader early in the new year

Can`t wait to find out who it will be

Grazz

elephants

Could be any one of about 5 blokes by the looks, good problem to have!

jvalles69

Geez, it really is a tough decision!  Our most success has come with midfeilders as Captains in Judd and Cousins, but they were outstanding mids with voice, not sure if we have anyone that fits that category now?  I think Waters would be a great leader, but depends if he can stay healthy really.

Ricochet

After Waters, reckon Hurn is the next best fit?

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on November 11, 2014, 01:06:03 PM

Yeah the two south aussies prob are best fit, Priddis could be a surprise leader though.

Ricochet

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 11, 2014, 01:44:45 PM

Yeah the two south aussies prob are best fit, Priddis could be a surprise leader though.
Priddis just doesn't come across as a vocal leader to me. Very much a "jump on my back" type leader
I don't watch a hell of a lot of WCE games live every year though

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on November 11, 2014, 02:04:33 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on November 11, 2014, 01:44:45 PM

Priddis just doesn't come across as a vocal leader to me. Very much a "jump on my back" type leader
I don't watch a hell of a lot of WCE games live every year though

I agree with you, but the new Brownlow medallist should really take the next step from here.

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-11-17/selection-process-locked-in

West Coast has settled on a strategy to select its next captain and Eagles coach Adam Simpson is hopeful the club will make a decision before Christmas.

After the clubs coaches and executives met recently, Simpson revealed the Eagles had come up with a simple plan to select the next captain.

Its pretty basic. We'll get in a room and talk about it,Simpson said.

Management, myself, the board, the executives at the club, we ll work through that as a team.

At the end of the day and I would have thought myself and Craig Vozzo (general manager of football) would work through that with Trevor Nisbett (chief executive).

Simpson said he would also consult the playing group.

We ll get some feedback and they will give us some direction but they won t have the final say,Simpson said.

Ricochet

LF

eg6914

Kellogscrunchynut

Hurn is a solid bet hes got the experience and leadership skills to be a decent captain.

jvalles69

Let's hope he kicks a few players up the arse!