Main Menu

When do we pick up Caleb Daniel?

Started by tbagrocks, October 30, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Yes we do have dramas keeping people, Tippett to be honest not missing that much, not sure he's earnt what the Swans have payed him so far, rather still have Gunston but he aint here also. Fresh start for everyone is healthy if Walsh can turn mediocre years into successful years we can turn around the exodus. Still could bleed some more if Danger goes. The history of players waiting till their contract expires isnt good. I hope Phil and Patrick have a meeting of the minds and he stays.
Walsh thinks like Kenny its all about the team. me Crows  need a bit of "T" in team at the minute, need Walshy to pull that off in 2015, can't argue we don't need more running both ways who doesn't need it. Our best 22 isn't as bad as some think, there are holes in it where you'd like better sure, our depth isn't great but it aint horrible. We need to have a good draft on the 27th and pick up a couple of good kids, i think we need a fwd back and a ruck thats asking for it all for this year thats  asking to much but the climb back starts now. We've had a fair clean out so theres a few spots. Phil comes with a lot of knowledge, Roo's at the club now im happier haha now just gotta have some patience now. A year can make a difference, i look at Brisbane this year for some inspiration haha.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Grazz on November 03, 2014, 04:20:47 PM
Yes we do have dramas keeping people, Tippett to be honest not missing that much, not sure he's earnt what the Swans have payed him so far, rather still have Gunston but he aint here also. Fresh start for everyone is healthy if Walsh can turn mediocre years into successful years we can turn around the exodus. Still could bleed some more if Danger goes. The history of players waiting till their contract expires isnt good. I hope Phil and Patrick have a meeting of the minds and he stays.
Walsh thinks like Kenny its all about the team. me Crows  need a bit of "T" in team at the minute, need Walshy to pull that off in 2015, can't argue we don't need more running both ways who doesn't need it. Our best 22 isn't as bad as some think, there are holes in it where you'd like better sure, our depth isn't great but it aint horrible. We need to have a good draft on the 27th and pick up a couple of good kids, i think we need a fwd back and a ruck thats asking for it all for this year thats  asking to much but the climb back starts now. We've had a fair clean out so theres a few spots. Phil comes with a lot of knowledge, Roo's at the club now im happier haha now just gotta have some patience now. A year can make a difference, i look at Brisbane this year for some inspiration haha.
Tippett was a gun with the Crows, has not been worth the money at all with the Swans (Buddy however has been a polar opposite). With AFL nothing is permanent (besides the Demons downfall), the same goes for any draft sport (each team has a few years on top of a few at the bottom; how well you draft determines the time period at the top or the bottom). With that being sad Crows fans shouldn't worry, they spotted that the current set up wasn't working and they've been quick to attempt to rectify it  :)

The Crows are just going through the shower taking phase (like 5-6 other teams; I'd include the Lions, a single trade period doesn't mean anything until we see if it works  :P ). Tbh, Crows fans shouldn't worry, I think they are better off than a lot of clubs.

On a side note, Walsh has been doing well with the delistings, adding Johnston is something they should have done a while ago   

Mailman the 2nd

Tippett performed better with the Swans than he did with the Crows lol

Pkbaldy

St Kilda pick 41: Caleb Daniel

End of story, good night all.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

T Dog

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 03, 2014, 07:23:05 PM

Taking him early then ?  :o

Pkbaldy

Quote from: T Dog on November 03, 2014, 08:01:12 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 03, 2014, 07:23:05 PM

Taking him early then ?  :o

Can't see Adelaide using pick 35 on him.

Tominator

I think #14 and #35 will go toward a key defender and perhaps an SA mid (Neal-Bullen, Gore, Bampton) or a powerful outside runner (Nakia Cockatoo is a smokey chance), but I can definitely see Adelaide using #43 on Daniel, and he'd pay off

The problem is, I can definitely see St Kilda using #41 on him too...

powersuperkents

Port is aiming for Caleb Daniel with pick 57, it's a bit late though

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on November 19, 2014, 01:36:47 PM

Don't see you guys passing on him if he is still there. But certainly can see the Saints picking him up at 41. Be a massive risk, but could pay off so well. Don't think he'll end up at Adelaide.

Grazz

We could always just kidnap him then lay low till the heat dies down.  :P

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Grazz on November 19, 2014, 11:59:55 PM

You could just hide him under a coffee cup, don't see anyone finding him.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 20, 2014, 12:01:10 AM

nobody will look for him in Adelaide don't waste a coffee cup

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 20, 2014, 12:18:00 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 20, 2014, 12:01:10 AM

nobody will look for him in Adelaide don't waste a coffee cup
Isn't that how all Crows recruiting works??  :P

Tominator

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 19, 2014, 11:57:56 PM

Don't see you guys passing on him if he is still there. But certainly can see the Saints picking him up at 41. Be a massive risk, but could pay off so well. Don't think he'll end up at Adelaide.

This.

Port have been very good at the draft lately and I think they'll snatch him up if he's available at 57. If Gore is gone at 43 - presuming we take Ramsey at 35 - we should be going for Daniel then

powersuperkents

Quote from: Tominator on November 20, 2014, 12:37:50 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 19, 2014, 11:57:56 PM

This.

Port have been very good at the draft lately and I think they'll snatch him up if he's available at 57. If Gore is gone at 43 - presuming we take Ramsey at 35 - we should be going for Daniel then
Agree, Port will only get Daniel if he falls to 57. Between 57 and 1 there is A LOT of both St Kilda & Crows picks - both clubs very interested. He is one of the best ball winners and many people have inferred the only reason he isn't a top 20 pick is because he is 15-20cm too short. I'd put Adelaide & St Kilda as more likely recruiters. If he happened to fall too 57 I would consider that a fantastic recruiting period for PAFC.