Main Menu

Freo Preseason 2014/15

Started by Ricochet, October 30, 2014, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on February 12, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
Lots of articles about our young talls this pre-season.  I am loving that.
Same mate, especiialy when its such a much needed area for us

Ricochet

Sounds like Fyfe has done a Hammy at training. Word is he's limped off the track but no real details atm

Ricochet

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/26287039/limping-fyfe-a-worry-for-dockers/

Limping Fyfe a worry for Dockers

Fremantle star Nathan Fyfe has thrown a scare into the camp at the end of a brutal trianing session at Fremantle Oval today, limping from the field favouring his left leg.

Fyfe had just gone on a brutal end-to-end gut run in a match simulation drill with youngster Connor Blakely.

After Blakely took him to one end of the ground, Fyfe surged to the other end and marked near the 50m line.

He appeared to pull up slightly short after the mark and walked straight from the field with assisatnt coach checking his welfare.

Club physiotherapist Jeff Boyle was quick to follow him into the change rooms.

Fyfe has left training sessions early before this summer but on this occasion appeared to be favouring his left leg.

Coach Ross Lyon had put his team through a searching two and a half hour session, starting at 9am and not finishing until 11.30am.

There is also this

John Separovich ‏@FreoSeppo  11m11 minutes ago
@miller_dj I was right in front of Fyfe. Nothing more than a tweak after a mark. He continued to run afterwards. Didnt come off the track.

valkorum

I trust Seppo with his views (good friend of mine).  He is also the Cheer squad team lead in Melbourne.  He is over for a holiday.

Ricochet

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-02-18/training-report-freo-tune-up-for-intraclub

Training Report: Freo tune up for intra-club

Fremantle had a short, light training session with small numbers on the track ahead of Saturday’s intra-club match.

Plenty of players were missing due to the AFL Community Camp in the Midwest and Midlands regions.

The players that did train focused mainly on entries inside the attacking 50 and goal kicking.

The good news for Alex Silvagni is that his possible opponents this season can only get shorter given he had the job on Aaron Sandilands.

Silvagni competed admirably and will be a tough proposition for any AFL forward this season when he lines up for Freo.

There was also good news for Freo fans with superstar midfielder Nat Fyfe making an appearance on the track.

Fyfe, who had a minor hamstring strain at training last week, ran slowly and had a kick-to-kick with captain and proud father of a newborn baby boy Matthew Pavlich.

After last week’s inaccurate session that resulted in numerous burpies and sprints, the players out there on Wednesday morning fine-tuned their radars and put the Sherrins through the big sticks with regularity.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on February 18, 2015, 03:00:28 PM
Fyfe, who had a minor hamstring strain at training last week, ran slowly and had a kick-to-kick with captain and proud father of a newborn baby boy Matthew Pavlich.

So Nroo's and Pav's son will be in the same draft year. Oh my  :P

valkorum

Giant sigh over Perth

Freo Fans: Sigh of relief that we finally get a father/son from Pav
WC Fans: Sigh of frustration that another Pavlich is going to destroy them in 20 years time.

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on February 18, 2015, 04:09:10 PM
Giant sigh over Perth

Freo Fans: Sigh of relief that we finally get a father/son from Pav
WC Fans: Sigh of frustration that another Pavlich is going to destroy them in 20 years time.
haha finally

valkorum