Main Menu

FanFooty Phantom Draft

Started by nrich102, October 26, 2014, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ricochet on November 08, 2014, 08:31:56 PM
With our next pick Freo will take Brenden Abbott. Strong bodied forward who can also play down back

No joke, I shivered when I read that name.

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/high-profile-criminals/brenden-james-abbott-the-postcard-bandit/

Ricochet

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 08, 2014, 08:46:18 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 08, 2014, 08:31:56 PM
With our next pick Freo will take Brenden Abbott. Strong bodied forward who can also play down back

No joke, I shivered when I read that name.

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/high-profile-criminals/brenden-james-abbott-the-postcard-bandit/
Ha yeh you're not wrong

roo boys!

Quote from: JROO8 on November 08, 2014, 08:34:05 PM
Cats will upgrade Blicavs
Are we upgrading rookies?

I'll elevate Kayne Turner then

meow meow

Quote from: roo boys! on November 08, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

North have 35 players on the senior list, and they're upgrading Turner and Tippett, right? If so, you guys will only use 3 picks in the draft.

roo boys!

Quote from: meow meow on November 08, 2014, 10:47:59 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on November 08, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

North have 35 players on the senior list, and they're upgrading Turner and Tippett, right? If so, you guys will only use 3 picks in the draft.
Yep. Just wondering if this draft is actually replicating the number of draft picks taken by our clubs or its just 18 people selecting the best available player until we run out of players, and doing it under the name of an AFL club

kilbluff1985

i took a player with both picks even though we using one on Ambrose

ADEZ

I'll by pass the likes of McGovern, Goodyear, McGrath and Langdon who are more likely to go in the National draft and go with a player who probably is more of a rookie prospect but I like him:

Tom Faul:
187 cm/86 kg
Defender
Highlights:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-15/draft-prospect-tom-faul

He's a poor man's cockatoo, he's powerful. Has a penetrating left foot, deft hands and is very quick. Could develop into any type of player but judging by his highlights package, he could be an excellent back flanker
Comes from a volleyball background

stew42

Pick 76: Abaina (Abe) Davis
Position: Key forward
Height: 193 cm, Weight: 90 kg, DOB: 27/01/1996
Club: UNSW-Easts
Player comparison: Taylor Walker
Highlights: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-03/abe-davis-highlights

From what I've seen in his highlights, he's your typical key fwd, takes great clunking marks and kicks goals. Rince and repeat, right? But Abe has excellent mobility as well, and is happy to take shots on the outside of the boot as well, which gives him a bit of X-factor. Nigh unstoppable if he gets front position. Will continue his great apprenticeship at the Swans. He averaged 13 disposals and five marks during the championships.

Mr.Craig

The final selection! Even though Hawthorn let Lowden go I still feel like they could use another ruck option, if only to help out at Box Hill.

Pick 77 - Sam Baulderstone

Athletic ruckman who is following a similar path to Sydney Swans big man Shane Mumford. Just three years ago, Baulderstone was playing bush footy and carrying plenty of baggage around his midriff. But after being given a chance by SANFL club Norwood, he shed close to 40kg and improved to such an extent that he was the Redlegs' first-choice ruckman in their premiership team last year. He has been invited to the South Australian NAB AFL Draft Combine. With many clubs desperate to land a ready-made ruckman, he is sure to attract plenty of attention.

stew42

Betcha he couldn't beat the Sausage King (obviously still a working title :P )

Bill Manspeaker

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on November 05, 2014, 05:33:45 PM
No love for Viking Protein Before Battle Boy.

A.K.A. Ahmed Saad.

Will anyone pick him up? Rookie Draft maybe?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: meow meow on November 09, 2014, 01:58:56 PM
Quote from: meow meow on November 05, 2014, 05:33:45 PM
No love for Viking Protein Before Battle Boy.

A.K.A. Ahmed Saad.

Will anyone pick him up? Rookie Draft maybe?

After getting rid of Dell'Olio maybe Essendon might be in the market for him?

Nige

I came close to picking Baulderstone simply because I think we'll be waiting a while on Ivan Soldo and apart from Hampson, we don't really have anybody else as far as rucks go.