Main Menu

FanFooty Phantom Draft

Started by nrich102, October 26, 2014, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

This is why I don't post usually after a night of some drinking :P.

nrich102

Quote from: nrich102 on October 26, 2014, 06:52:02 PM
OK guys, JROO ran one of these a few years back and it I really liked it, so thought Id start it up.

We need 18 participants, one person for each team, to run it, so register your interest here by picking a team.

Adelaide - Tbag
Brisbane - nrich102
Carlton - Vinny
Collingwood - Tdog
Essendon - KB
Fremantle - Ricochet
Geelong - JROO
Gold Coast - Toga
GWS - HP
Hawthorn - Mr Craig
North Melbourne - WCarey18/Roo Boys
Melbourne - Big Mac
Port Adelaide - ADEZ
Richmond - Nige
St.Kilda -PK
Sydney - Stew
West Coast - Torp
Western Bulldogs - Bully

The draft order will be the same as the current AFL draft order for this year. If you sign up you need to be committed.

The draft will start when we have 18 people  :)

ROUND ONE
1. St Kilda - Christian Petracca
2. Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw
3. Melbourne - Jake Lever
4. Greater Western Sydney - Peter Wright
5. Collingwood - Patrick McCartin
6. Greater Western Sydney - Jayden Laverde
7. Greater Western Sydney - Paul Ahern
8. Gold Coast - Lachie Weller
9. Collingwood -  Darcy Moore (FS)
10. Geelong - Jarrod Pickett
11. West Coast - Jordan De Goey
12. Richmond - Liam Duggan
13. Fremantle - Sam Durdin
14. Adelaide - Hugh Goddard
15. Gold Coast - Caleb Marchbank
16. North Melbourne - Corey Ellis
17. Essendon - Connor Menadue
18. Sydney Swans - Isaac Heeney (Academy Selection)
19. Carlton - Tom Lamb

END OF ROUND ONE
20. Essendon - Connor Blakely
21. St Kilda - Reece McKenzie

ROUND TWO
22. St Kilda - Jarrod Garlett
23. Greater Western Sydney - Kyle Langford
24. Greater Western Sydney - Jack Steele (Academy Selection)
25. North Melbourne
26. Western Bulldogs
27. Western Bulldogs
28. Carlton
29. Gold Coast
30. Collingwood
31. Hawthorn
32. West Coast
33. Richmond
34. Fremantle
35. Adelaide
36. North Melbourne
37. Sydney Swans
38. Sydney Swans - Jack Hiscox
39. Western Bulldogs
40. Melbourne

ROUND THREE
41. St Kilda
42. Melbourne -  Billy Stretch
43. Adelaide
44. Brisbane Lions - Liam Dawson
45. Western Bulldogs
46. Western Bulldogs
47. Geelong
48. Collingwood
49. Hawthorn
50. Hawthorn
51. West Coast
52. Richmond
53. Melbourne
54. Fremantle
55. Geelong
56. North Melbourne
57. Port Adelaide
58. Sydney Swans
59. Adelaide

ROUND FOUR
60. Geelong
61. Carlton
62. Essendon
63. Brisbane Lions -Harris Andrews
64. Western Bulldogs - Zaine Cordy
65. Carlton
66. Gold Coast
67. Brisbane Lions
68. Hawthorn
69. West Coast
70. Richmond
71. Essendon
72. Fremantle
73. Geelong
74. North Melbourne
75. Port Adelaide
76. Sydney Swans - Abe Davis
77. Hawthorn

Any questions, just ask.

roo boys!

I'd prefer to wait for WCarey to return as it is his role after all not mine...but at the same time don't want to hold up the draft for another 23 and a half hours  :-\

nrich102

WCareys gone AWOL, so you can keep picking until he comes back.

roo boys!

Alright, I feel it would be rude not to take this bloke...

North take Alex Neal-Bullen

Hopefully could fill the void Greenwood leaves on the inside, winning plenty of contested ball

Nige

Bully

Finally! The Doggies have been holding their breath and hoping a player they rate as a top 10 prospect slips to 26, he has and they are ecstatic.

Pick 26  Nakia Cockatoo (Northern Territory Thunder)
            186 cm, 86kg
            Midfileder

Let me start by saying Cockatoo is just about the finest athlete in this year's draft class, he is a true power athlete in every sense of the word. He recorded the 7th fastest repeat sprint in the history of the combine, to put that into some perspective, his time of 23.93 was faster than both Patrick Dangerfield & Cyril Rioli at the equivalent age. To add to that impressive achievement he also featured in the top 10 for jumping, scored 29/30 in the kicking test, ran a 13.9 beep test and an 8.51 in the agility test, all after having a lengthy lay-off . He is what I would consider the perfect athlete for a midfielders role.

So how has he drifted out of first round calculations? This could well be a case of out of sight, out of mind. Unfortunately for Nakia he sustained a stress fracture in the foot which saw him sidelined for the entire season, apart from the curtain raiser on grand final day. During the combine he duly went through his medical and passed with flying colours. fortunately for him there would be no repeat of the Trengove saga.

Examining his performance in the Allies versus AIS game, one could only look on in absolute awe as he put on one of the great performances in front of a packed MCG crowd. Not only did he outshine the more highly fancied prospects in Heeney & Weller, but he produced a highlight reel which many would fail to achieve over an entire season. Complete with a running goal, Houdini like ducking & weaving and moves straight from the Dustin Martin book of 'don't argues', he collected BOG honours and all but ensured he would be selected near the top of the draft order.

So the question is how much can we take from one match? Well, from my perspective it was enough to suggest he has the potential to be a true A-grader and a complete midfilelder much like his kindred spirit Dusty Martin. Going back to 2013, he was perhaps the most promising underager aside from his AIS team mate Lachie Weller. But like any tale with a twist, Cockatoo actually took the honours in their head to head battle in round 5 of last year, collecting BOG honours after delivering yet another complete performance. In that match he managed 17 disposals, 3 clearances, 8 tackles, 4 inside 50's and 3 rebound 50's. To cap it off he hit the scoreboard registering 1 goal 2 behinds.

Projecting into the future, Cockatoo has the makings of Mr Versatile given his athletic qualities & strong inside credentials. Over the course of his 2013 campaign he averaged 5.9 tackles which placed him 3rd overall, 8.4 contested possessions a game and even had stints in the ruck. His coaches at the Thunder have thrown him everywhere on the park which bodes well for his AFL apprenticeship, he has a willingness to learn which hasn't gone unnoticed by all including Chris Scott who mentored him whilst he trained with the Kangas.

The sky is the limit for Cockatoo, his injury has been untimely but it has presented itself as a golden goose for the Western Bulldogs. Given their Midas touch with Bontempelli & Macrae, they believe they have just secured a very special player who is destined to become another footballing showstopper.

ADEZ

About time someone got on Nakia :o
Went to school with him and played footy alongside him, genuine freak
Let's just hope he doesn't go to North as they're keen on him :P

Quote from: Bully on November 02, 2014, 12:08:22 PM
even had stints in the ruck
I can back this up, in junior years, if I was being beaten in the ruck, he'd step in from roving and jump over the opponent

Mr.Craig

Ricochet

jeez thats one hell of a writeup

Pkbaldy

Nakia did slide a little further than I thought. Wouldn't bother me if he went to the Doggies. Be a good addition

Bully

The Doggies are licking their lips at yet another freakish athlete, welcome aboard..........

Pick 27 Daniel McKenzie (Oakleigh Charges)
           183cm, 77kg
           Rebounding Defender / Midfielder

Much like Cockatoo, Daniel McKenzie is the ultimate athlete, he's lightening quick finishing 4th in the repeat sprints, second in the agility, 7th in the 3km time trial and 3rd in the running vertical jump. Perhaps the most pleasing thing for Daniel is he regularly uses these traits on game day, often tearing away from opponents and bouncing his way down the ground. His natural instinct is to play on at all costs, it's a trait that has me likening him to Shaun Atley, but all things considered I believe he has a far greater ceiling to Atley due to his superb delivery. His kicking efficiency is through the roof and the vast majority of his disposals find their mark, whether that be over long distances or short.

Playing for the Chargers this year Mckenzie's last 2 months of football were electric, he was nominated by his coach as BOG in the TAC grand final and leading up to that he was featuring in the bests in most games he played. Despite only a cameo role in the u/18 championships he did everything asked of him with an 18 possession game against Vic Country at the staggering DE of 89%, this was no fluke either, his KE at TAC level has been 70% & his DE 78%, exceptional numbers for a guy who regularly opts to kick long.

Mckenzie's other strengths lie in in his contested marking ability which he has consistently put on show playing for Oakleigh. His phenomenal leap allows him to get some serious elevation and this was backed up at the combine where he displayed outstanding jumping abilities off both legs.

Looking to the future I see McKenzie as being one of the most damaging rebounding defenders in the game, he certainly takes the points out of this year's draft crop. Whereas Harrison Wigg & Dillon Viojo-Rainbow tend to slow things down & pinpoint their mark, McKenzie just darts away gathering extra metres in the process. There may also be a time when Daniel pushes up into the midfield, this will probably be contingent on his body filling out but at 183cm he's a nice height to be able to mix it with the game's best.

Overall, the Bullies couldn't be happier with their first two selections, losing Ryan Griffen has been a blow but to recruit two exciting speedsters is just what the doctor ordered.   

Nige

There write-ups are great haha.  8)

meow meow

Exactly who I would have picked. Good stuff Bully. I hope this comes true on draft day!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Bully on November 02, 2014, 01:21:48 PM
The Doggies are licking their butts at yet another freakish athlete, welcome aboard..........

fixed