15. GWS
16. Melbourne
17. WCE
18. Western Bulldogs

Brisbane 4th ? I didn't think our fixture was too bad

Jukes

Eagles easy fixture? That's a rarity.

Pkbaldy

I think the AFL and trying to hand WCE a premiership. But they always find a way to screw it up.

The_Captain

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 12, 2015, 12:36:52 PM
I think the AFL and trying to hand WCE a premiership. But they always find a way to screw it up.

Last i checked the fixtures are based on where you finish. If you make the 8, you get a harder draw... if you dont, you generally have an easier draw.

Too complicated for you blokes to work out?

strikes91

Quote from: The_Captain on January 12, 2015, 12:55:53 PM

Last i checked the fixtures are based on where you finish. If you make the 8, you get a harder draw... if you dont, you generally have an easier draw.

Too complicated for you blokes to work out?

Groups of 6. West Coast always get the easiest fixtures in the groups

elephants

I know most Victorians are unaware of anything outside of Victoria buuuut WA teams travel across the country EVERY SECOND WEEK.

I'm not talking "oh no an away game three stops down the train line" its 4-5 hour fight across the country.

But hey, whatever. #victoriaforPM

Nige

Quote from: elephants on January 14, 2015, 01:08:59 PM

I know most Victorians are unaware of anything outside of Victoria buuuut WA teams travel across the country EVERY SECOND WEEK.

I'm not talking "oh no an away game three stops down the train line" its 4-5 hour fight across the country.

We'll petition for the AFL to create teams in Broome and Port Hedland so that you guys don't have to travel outside of the state as much.  8)

nrich102

I've heard Broome is a pretty nice place  :o

elephants

Quote from: Nige on January 14, 2015, 01:29:21 PM

We'll petition for the AFL to create teams in Broome and Port Hedland so that you guys don't have to travel outside of the state as much.  8)

Not what I was getting at but Broome is great :P

The_Captain

Must be trying to hand Bulldogs the premiership too. lol fools...

My Chumps

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 31, 2014, 01:22:02 AM
The thing is that 05 gets put on a pedestal because of that mark and the drought being broken. You had a quarter of football where one team scored 3 points and the very next quarter the other team scored 2. I think the game in 06 was of a much better quality. I can barely sit through the 05 game if I go to watch it now. I also struggled on the day.
Oh gee, here I was thinking that people had finally moved past the laughable correlation between low scoring games and a boring spectacle.

Jukes

Firstly, taking a flight isn't that bad.

Second, look at it like this- non-Vic teams get 10 real home games per year against genuine away teams. Win those 10 and you're almost guaranteed finals unless you're hopeless on the road. Bombers meanwhile, despite playing at MCG and Etihad 17 times, only play 3 "real" home games, meaning HGA is minimised for most of the year, reduced to neutral advantages.

tl;dr quit yo dogin

The_Captain

Quote from: Biff Tannen on January 14, 2015, 07:28:51 PM

Firstly, taking a flight isn't that bad.

Second, look at it like this- non-Vic teams get 10 real home games per year against genuine away teams. Win those 10 and you're almost guaranteed finals unless you're hopeless on the road. Bombers meanwhile, despite playing at MCG and Etihad 17 times, only play 3 "real" home games, meaning HGA is minimised for most of the year, reduced to neutral advantages.

tl;dr quit yo dogin

3 real home games... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Looks to be 17......

Taking a flight isnt that bad... if you're going for a holiday... But if your gonna cover 15 kms in a game.. Then its going to take its toll.. Not just slightly for the game..... But recovery processes as well.

I don't really care that we travel.. as we need to to be in this competition as Perth is the most isolated city in the world...

But to say the AFL is trying to hand us a premiership is just hilarious and darn right embarrassing for anyone who suggests it.

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on January 14, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

Can someone explain why the interstate teams also have to be the teams that travel to NZ and Tasmania.  Surely with with Hobart and Launceston being a short trip from Melbourne fixture could be arranged that 2 Victorian teams play there,

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on January 15, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 14, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

Can someone explain why the interstate teams also have to be the teams that travel to NZ and Tasmania.  Surely with with Hobart and Launceston being a short trip from Melbourne fixture could be arranged that 2 Victorian teams play there,

On behalf of the magpie army reps I have left a message with Eddie  ;)