Main Menu

2015 Fixture

Started by Mr.Craig, October 22, 2014, 01:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 30, 2014, 03:57:29 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
Lions travel to Launceston to play the Hawks for the 7th time in the last 8 seasons. Would like to see the premiership team in Qld at least once whilst they are still strong but they have probably lost their compass to travel North, Even Collingwood have to travel to Qld although Metricon this year,

Interestingly the Hawks 4 games in Launceston are Lions, Suns, Freo and Bulldogs so they can meet their obligation by using interstate teams whereas Lions can not get 6 games in Melbourne for their Melbourne supporters. Launceston and Geelong were not in Melbourne last time I looked at the Atlas.

Not keen for us to go back to Brisbane after what happened in '95.
I was at the 2008 game at the Gabba I remember - you won by 2 goals with Buddy going beserk and despite Bradshaw kicking 7 as well. Remember it well as I took 2 of my mates who are Hawks supporters to the game and they let me have it for the next month or two

and just for you the last quarter of the game in 1995 after being 45 points down. Was behind the goals in the last quarter to the end Brisbane were kicking so enjoyed every minute. Probably still rates as Hawks biggest fade out and we were still the Bears then as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8o1EUCw84

I remember turning the tv off when we were still 3 goals up. I knew what was coming.

Vinny

Quote from: Ricochet on October 30, 2014, 05:21:42 PM
Freo have flowering showerloads of Sunday games all year. 12 all up
And you are boring as flower to watch. :P

Dons

Yep. Hopefully CD give a few of their rookies/cheapies dpp, and then Ross doesn't bring them in for a run as the sub towards the end of the year...

GoLions

Quote from: Vinny on October 30, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
Do you honestly think you're in any position to dish it out to a Freo supporter vinnamon? :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on October 30, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
We were actually one of the most attacking teams last year ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 05:31:37 PM
Do you honestly think you're in any position to dish it out to a Freo supporter vinnamon? :P

In terms of watching entertaining games

Carlton games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Freo games

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 30, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

says the non biased blues supporter??  ::)

Vinny

Yeah that haha ^

When we are on, we are way better to watch. Plus we create close games even though we often choke. :P

Haha we choked against you guys Dave and Freo. :-X

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on October 30, 2014, 05:32:01 PM
We were actually one of the most attacking teams last year ;)

Vinny

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 30, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 30, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

Haha rich coming from a Sydney fan. You don't get to talk about bias. :P

Mat0369

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 30, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

Carlton supporter or not, Freo are a horrible team to watch.

Having said that, I would rather be a horrible team to watch and win then be coached by Mick Malthouse

Mailman the 2nd

Carlton certainly are a more interesting team to watch, not for good reasons though

Ricochet

While I completely disagree that high pressure defence is boring, a lot need attacking footy to consider it exciting.

The fact is we have changed. In 2014 we were the most attacking side in the comp. We were ranked first in hitting the corridor, ranked 2nd behind hawks for inside 50s resulting in a goal and averaged 3rd most points scored against top 8 sides

No-one can say we're boring to watch anymore. We bring that high pressure defence PLUS attack on goal that everyone craves

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on October 30, 2014, 05:55:30 PM
While I completely disagree that high pressure defence is boring, a lot need attacking footy to consider it exciting.

The fact is we have changed. In 2014 we were the most attacking side in the comp. We were ranked first in hitting the corridor, ranked 2nd behind hawks for inside 50s resulting in a goal and averaged 3rd most points scored against top 8 sides

No-one can say we're boring to watch anymore. We bring that high pressure defence PLUS attack on goal that everyone craves

Don't worry about it Ric these stereotypes die off soon. Sydney went from being called the "Ugly Ducklings" to being a part of the two greatest Grand Finals in modern era (05,06)

Vinny

Guys I was just taking the opportunity to stir. ;)