North Melbourne - 210
Port Adelaide - 217
Sydney - 212
West Coast - 196

;)
He said "top" teams

The_Captain

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
Thought I'd go through each team to see who has the easiest/hardest draws. 18 points if you play first, 1 if you play last.

Adelaide - 213
Brisbane - 209
Carlton - 208
Collingwood - 207
Essendon - 195
Fremantle - 196
Geelong - 224
Gold Coast - 207
GWS - 201
Hawthorn - 218
Melbourne - 199
North Melbourne - 210
Port Adelaide - 217
Richmond - 214
St Kilda - 188
Sydney - 212
West Coast - 196
Western Bulldogs - 199

So it looks as though the Cats have the hardest draw, and Saints the easiest. Obviously a lot has changed since the season ended, and there's still the draft to come, but who cares, I was bored :P

West coast, Freo and Essendon seem to be the big winners here. Mostly Freo and Ess as they still made the 8..

I think Geelong will struggle this year. Not struggle, but struggle compare to previous years. Got out of jail in a lot of close games this year... Now with this draw... Gonna call it now and say they wont make the 8. #justmyopinion

GoLions

Quote from: noto07 on October 30, 2014, 01:06:43 PM
West coast, Freo and Essendon seem to be the big winners here. Mostly Freo and Ess as they still made the 8..

I think Geelong will struggle this year. Not struggle, but struggle compare to previous years. Got out of jail in a lot of close games this year... Now with this draw... Gonna call it now and say they wont make the 8. #justmyopinion
Agree. I think they'll be somewhere around 7th-10th (Cats, that is), so could easily fall outside of the 8. Essendon is very dependent on what happens with the ASADA stuff, so an easy draw could end up meaning nothing if they're playing their VFL side. Freo basically have to finish top 4.

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 01:18:59 PM
Essendon is very dependent on what happens with the ASADA stuff
So much depends on this. Like do GC make their first finals, do bottom teams steal extra wins they normally wouldn't against Ess, etc

The_Captain

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 01:18:59 PM
Quote from: noto07 on October 30, 2014, 01:06:43 PM

Agree. I think they'll be somewhere around 7th-10th (Cats, that is), so could easily fall outside of the 8. Essendon is very dependent on what happens with the ASADA stuff, so an easy draw could end up meaning nothing if they're playing their VFL side. Freo basically have to finish top 4.

yeah thats it hey! Can see this Asada stuff dragging out another 12 months easily and nothing happening about it next season either lol.

But yeah dockers its a must! That premiership window is closing... Need to milk it now with Pav and Mcpharlin on there last legs!

Vinny

Cats got out of jail twice against Carlton.

Sorry just had to point it out. :P

The_Captain

Quote from: Vinny on October 30, 2014, 01:42:17 PM
Cats got out of jail twice against Carlton.

Sorry just had to point it out. :P

Thieved 8 of your points Vin! 

Jukes

Pretty happy to see that we come over here twice next season :D but one thing that irks me is that this will make it FIVE straight seasons that we've only played Freo once and that's in WA. 2-2 so far so not doing bad but surely we should get a home game against them one day. And it's not like it was the reverse before that - dockers hosted 3 of the previous 5 before that. That'll make it 8 out of 10 games vs Freo away, including 5 in a row. Stupid fixturing.

Ringo

Lions travel to Launceston to play the Hawks for the 7th time in the last 8 seasons. Would like to see the premiership team in Qld at least once whilst they are still strong but they have probably lost their compass to travel North, Evem Collingwood have to travel to Qld although Metricon this year,

Interestingly the Hawks 4 games in Launceston are Lions, Suns, Freo and Bulldogs so they can meet their obligation by using interstate teams whereas Lions can not get 6 games in Melbourne for their Melbourne supporters. Launceston and Geelong were not in Melbourne last time I looked at the Atlas.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
Lions travel to Launceston to play the Hawks for the 7th time in the last 8 seasons. Would like to see the premiership team in Qld at least once whilst they are still strong but they have probably lost their compass to travel North, Evem Collingwood have to travel to Qld although Metricon this year,

Interestingly the Hawks 4 games in Launceston are Lions, Suns, Freo and Bulldogs so they can meet their obligation by using interstate teams whereas Lions can not get 6 games in Melbourne for their Melbourne supporters. Launceston and Geelong were not in Melbourne last time I looked at the Atlas.

Not keen for us to go back to Brisbane after what happened in '95.

Mat0369

Why the fluck are Carlton only playing Essendon once?

The unwritten rule is that Carlton play the scum out of Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond twice each season.

Ringo

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 30, 2014, 03:57:29 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
Lions travel to Launceston to play the Hawks for the 7th time in the last 8 seasons. Would like to see the premiership team in Qld at least once whilst they are still strong but they have probably lost their compass to travel North, Even Collingwood have to travel to Qld although Metricon this year,

Not keen for us to go back to Brisbane after what happened in '95.
I was at the 2008 game at the Gabba I remember - you won by 2 goals with Buddy going beserk and despite Bradshaw kicking 7 as well. Remember it well as I took 2 of my mates who are Hawks supporters to the game and they let me have it for the next month or two

and just for you the last quarter of the game in 1995 after being 45 points down. Was behind the goals in the last quarter to the end Brisbane were kicking so enjoyed every minute. Probably still rates as Hawks biggest fade out and we were still the Bears then as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8o1EUCw84

Dons

Freo, melb and wce all have plenty of Sunday games in the last 3-4 rounds. Something to consider for the loophole in the finals, prob more so when it comes to downgrades later in the year, but worth keeping in the back of your mind when selecting your initial team.

Ricochet

Freo have flowering showerloads of Sunday games all year. 12 all up

Mat0369

It's because they prefer to play that Sunday Twilight game in Perth