2015 Fixture

Started by Mr.Craig, October 22, 2014, 01:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Ringo on October 29, 2014, 09:31:11 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 29, 2014, 08:45:19 AM
Quote from: KoopKicka on October 29, 2014, 12:32:12 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 28, 2014, 05:44:47 PM
No game in Cairns? Pls. Stupid AFL saying there committed to regional areas but not giving FNQ a game  ::)

Townsville is getting one?

And you can drive to Perth for your nearset game too.

Cairns = FNQ
Townsville = shower place/NQ
Cairns to Townsville drive = 5-6 hours
But North Queenslanders are used to it nrich. I spent 12 years in North Qld and, when the Foley Shield was the premier competition, would think nothing of driving the 10hrs from Mt Isa to Townsville for the final. I used to drive from Ayr to Cairns in 5 hours so Townsville should only be 4hrs.  Have a son in Townsville and thinking of going up for the weekend.
Takes 5 hours at the moment, I hear you used to be able to do it in 4, but takes us 5.

Can't get down on Sunday anyway because of church.

nrich102

Quote from: Master Q on October 29, 2014, 03:52:34 PM
No point having the argument with Nrich. He's got no clue that Cairns are so undeserving and unlikely to get a game...
Why does Drummoyne, Shepparton and Morell deserve games more than Cairns?

Please come up with a valid point rather than insulting me.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: nrich102 on October 29, 2014, 06:08:30 PM
No point having the argument with Nrich. He's got no clue that Cairns are so undeserving and unlikely to get a game...

Because GV league is one of the best leagues in the Victorian state, we haven't had a game here in a while, and it's much easier to move 100 odd people 2 and a half hours north of Melbourne than fly them for 3 hours to Cairns.

nrich102

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 29, 2014, 06:52:28 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 29, 2014, 06:08:30 PM

Because GV league is one of the best leagues in the Victorian state, we haven't had a game here in a while, and it's much easier to move 100 odd people 2 and a half hours north of Melbourne than fly them for 3 hours to Cairns.
But to claim you're going regional you have to go more than an hour away. I guess that's an alright reason for a game in GV :P

If they afl wants to build the game throughout the country though, they need to play in places where a majority of people prefer other sports; NSW and Queensland.

Ringo

Fixtures for 2015 now being released the main features being so far:

No more Monday or Sunday night games
5 Thursday night games
One bye over club over 3 weeks

Saturday night games starting 20 minutes earlier

Ricochet

Ricochet

The most important bit...

ROUND 11 BYE: Adelaide Crows, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Western Bulldogs

ROUND 12 BYE: Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast SUNS, St Kilda, Sydney Swans

ROUND 13 BYE: Geelong Cats, GWS GIANTS, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, West Coast Eagles

Pkbaldy

Round 12 is going to be a barbie for prem midfielders.

ADEZ

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 30, 2014, 11:09:50 AM
+ 1

Forwards will be reasonably spread I think but it just about makes Buddy a must have with the lack of quality r.12 options

Ricochet

Quote from: ADEZ on October 30, 2014, 11:14:08 AM
+ 1

Forwards will be reasonably spread I think but it just about makes Buddy a must have with the lack of quality r.12 options
Hopefully HBennell gets fwd status

The_Captain

Not too bad if you start with Rockliff, Cotchin, priddis, Trealor.. for example..

Still a lot of good mids between the round 11 and 13 byes i reckon..,

Abeltt. pendles, watson, barlow, JPk. Fair few guns round 12ers but.. Will just need to make sure you have only  about 3 from that round!

Ricochet

Rocky Ablett Ward are first three mids locked for me now based on that fixture. Will seriously look at Beams as well now

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on October 30, 2014, 11:20:28 AM
Rocky Beams Ablett Ward are first three mids locked for me now based on that fixture. Will seriously look at Beams Rocky as well now

The_Captain

Rocky Ablett Ward are first three mids locked for me now based on that fixture. Will seriously look at Beams as well now

I dunno about Ward... I cant seem him boosting his score. With the up and coming young guns getting better.. I reckon they will get some of his ball..

elephants

Quote from: noto07 on October 30, 2014, 11:29:16 AM

I dunno about Ward... I cant seem him boosting his score. With the up and coming young guns getting better.. I reckon they will get some of his ball..

Two vest affected games this season = underpriced ;) Won't be first tagged now with Griffen, get on!