Main Menu

Biggest UnCrow move since September

Started by tbagrocks, October 21, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Yes Uncrow means unco  ::)   But gee how about some howlers?

-Dropping NAT pick #10 for #14
-Delisting Graham and McKernen just to sign Lowden?
-Not going hard enough for Giles
-Letting go of James Battersby and Patrenko
-Sacking Sando
-Not getting Phil Davis or Ryan Shoe maker
-Keeping Paddy with a huge risk we lose him for nothing
-Not Getting JC the Beast in a deal for Paddy
-Not trading Paddy for picks #2,3 and Jimmy T

Sheesh, did I miss any? What was your Uncrow move since Sando left the building?

Jay

Only one I have a problem with is delisting Battersby

Ziplock

Is there something I've missed? How comes everyone seems so certain on davis wanting out?

Mailman the 2nd

- Dropping 4 picks isn't going to do anything

- Graham, Petrenko and McKernan were all below AFL standard. Whether Battersby even gets picked up by another club is something.

- You can't judge the coach move until the end of next year.

- Davis was contracted and Shoenmakers isn't much better than Lowden or Cheney.

- Toumpas has been pretty worthless so far, trading Dangerfield would just knock you back down the ladder for another year

Sweetness

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 21, 2014, 07:56:21 PM
Yes Uncrow means unco  ::)   But gee how about some howlers?

1) Dropping NAT pick #10 for #14
2) Delisting Graham and McKernen just to sign Lowden?
3) Not going hard enough for Giles
4) Letting go of James Battersby and Patrenko
5) Sacking Sando
6) Not getting Phil Davis or Ryan Shoe maker
7) Keeping Paddy with a huge risk we lose him for nothing
8) Not Getting JC the Beast in a deal for Paddy
9) Not trading Paddy for picks #2,3 and Jimmy T

Might be overreacting a bit there :P
I, for one, am quite happy with everything that has happened since Fagan was announced.

1) Not an issue if the player is still there (which we are confident he is)
2) Graham and McKernan were spuds. Lowden is a handy back-up.
3) Giles was never going to choose us. He wanted playing opportunities. Way more at Essendon than here with Sauce.
4) Battersby is interesting, wonder if we don't know everything? Petrenko is no where near best 22 anymore.
5) I am liking what I am seeing with Walsh. I am happy with this move. No more mediocrity.
6) Davis was never coming. Not too fussed about Shoey
7) This may bite us. End of the year we will see if this is the right call.
8) J.Cameron was a pipe dream at best. No chance GWS trade him, especially since they lost Boyd and Patton is injured.
9) See 7)

Believe in the Roovalution. #InFaganWeTrust

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 21, 2014, 09:41:00 PM
- Dropping 4 picks isn't going to do anything

- Graham, Petrenko and McKernan were all below AFL standard. Whether Battersby even gets picked up by another club is something.

- You can't judge the coach move until the end of next year.

- Davis was contracted and Shoenmakers isn't much better than Lowden or Cheney.

- Toumpas has been pretty worthless so far, trading Dangerfield would just knock you back down the ladder for another year
Completely mistook half my points but that doesn't surprise me hey ;)

Mailman the 2nd

Mistook it how?

None of the decisions are even close to howlers. The only one witch could even become a howler is the coach sacking if Walsh turns out to be a dud.

Grazz

The coach had to go after what we heard regarding what his communication skills were like with all but a few players. The passing of Dean Bailey emphasised Sando's faults as Dean was the buffer between Sando and the playing group. Feel for Sando i honestly do, i think the Crow's should of sourced someone like Dean to assist Sando with his coaching apprenticeship after his passing but they didn't which seemed to lead to Sando loosing the majority of the  players all together. In saying that im very happy with Phils appointment, South Australia isnt the state to be taking on a very young rookie coach, this state is extremely demanding and not very patient with their respective clubs and their lack of success, this wouldn't of helped Sando's cause either as the pressure is immense here for various reasons. The state is ruthless on mediocrity, it won't be tolerated unless theres light at the end of the tunnel.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 21, 2014, 10:34:50 PM
Mistook it how?

None of the decisions are even close to howlers. The only one witch could even become a howler is the coach sacking if Walsh turns out to be a dud.
SO delisting McKernen and Graham to then move a first round draft pick four places backwards just to get another Ruck who cant get a game elsewhere? That's the only point I'll choosing to defend, stop trolling. You know you just don't like me ;)