GoLions

Quote from: Toga on October 16, 2014, 04:03:27 PM
Think the tiers of teams will be something like this:

Genuine contenders: Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Sydney
Contenders: Fremantle, North Melbourne
In the race for finals: Geelong, Gold Coast, Richmond, West Coast, Essendon
Not quite there: Adelaide, Collingwood, Brisbane, GWS
Bottom 4: St Kilda, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Carlton
The Togemobile and myself seem to be on the same page, as always. I posted this in the Lions board yesterdayyyyyyy

Quote from: GoLions on October 15, 2014, 06:15:01 PM
Port, Hawks
Swans, North, Freo
Suns, Cats
Bombers, Tiges, Eagles
Lions, Crows, Pies, GWS
Blues, Dees, Dogs, Saints

So 11th-14th for us I'd say is about right for next year, although Eagles/Bombers/Tiges could be in one of the tiers above or below where I currently have them that.

SydneyRox

I think you undersell a bit GL.

if the draw keeps going the same sort of way, finishing 15th you will get hopefully 6 wins from playing (6 games?) against the saints, dees, GWS and dogs. means all you need to get to the top 8 is another 6 wins?

Pies, GC, Blues, Adelaide and maybe West Coast at home?

Pinch a road victory and you are there.

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 16, 2014, 06:10:02 PM
I think you undersell a bit GL.

if the draw keeps going the same sort of way, finishing 15th you will get hopefully 6 wins from playing (6 games?) against the saints, dees, GWS and dogs. means all you need to get to the top 8 is another 6 wins?

Pies, GC, Blues, Adelaide and maybe West Coast at home?

Pinch a road victory and you are there.
Our list is still fairly young, which means inconsistency. I think we have the potential to challenge for finals, but can't really see it happening this year, as we're bound to drop a few games that we should win.

Ringo

Well said GL and agree with you - Key Forward is our issue atm. If we can not capitilise up front then we may struggle hence why I am predicting 9 - 12 this year

Mr.Craig

Not willing to make any predictions until the fixture is out. Not to mention the draft/s.

nrich102

at this stage, Saints, Mebourne, Carlton and Dogs imo

Bill Manspeaker

Saints and Melbourne for sure you'd think... really not sure who the other 2 will be

meow meow

Cooney and Higgins had a sook and left because they were told that they were no certainties to be starters next year, due to the plethora of talent coming through. No loss there.

Griff is a loss, no doubt. But the improvement of the youngens + having a 40 goal forward added to the team offsets his loss. Big Boyd will free up Stringer and Crameri a bit. Our mids will cope.

I can't see any reason why we would go backwards. The Lions and Giants have added some quality though, and might leap over us. We don't even need to tank to get yet another top talent pick to add to all the rest, it'll happen whether we try or not. But with all the top end young talent coming through, we should rename ourselves GWM.

Ringo

Jay

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 16, 2014, 03:50:44 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 16, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on October 16, 2014, 03:48:38 PM
Saints, Melbourne, Adelaide, Bulldogs/Carlton/GWS is my guess
lol

from the bottom up, if Sauce goes down even with Lowden you guys are screwed, you rely on way too fewer players unforunately, and if they go down, whelp.. :p

So now we base predictions on the team's most important player being injured? Sauce has been very durable over his career. I dare say that if Lobbe went down, Port would struggle majorly too...

Name your stakes, I bet you Crows won't finish bottom 4.

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2014, 08:24:33 PM
I can't see any reason why we would go backwards. The Lions and Giants have added some quality though, and might leap over us.

This is the main reason I think the Dogs might finish bottom four. Don't think they have necessarily gone backwards, but other teams look like they might leapfrog them

elephants

Quote from: Jayman on October 16, 2014, 10:39:46 PM
I dare say that if Lobbe went down, Port would struggle majorly too...

Mmm, probably not now they have Ryder.

Ftr, don't think Crows will finish bottom 4.

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on October 16, 2014, 10:47:21 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2014, 08:24:33 PM
I can't see any reason why we would go backwards. The Lions and Giants have added some quality though, and might leap over us.

This is the main reason I think the Dogs might finish bottom four. Don't think they have necessarily gone backwards, but other teams look like they might leapfrog them

That's what I feel as well. I mean, you've also lost a fair few players who had roles either in your 22 or at least on the fringe.