Main Menu

2015 bottom 4 predictions

Started by kilbluff1985, October 16, 2014, 03:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Jay

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 11:37:12 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 16, 2014, 10:39:46 PM
I dare say that if Lobbe went down, Port would struggle majorly too...

Mmm, probably not now they have Ryder.

Ftr, don't think Crows will finish bottom 4.
Yeah forgot about Ryder, but my point still stands. If you take away a team's most important player, the expectations are obviously going to be different.

elephants

Quote from: Jayman on October 17, 2014, 12:52:52 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 11:37:12 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 16, 2014, 10:39:46 PM
I dare say that if Lobbe went down, Port would struggle majorly too...

Mmm, probably not now they have Ryder.

Ftr, don't think Crows will finish bottom 4.
Yeah forgot about Ryder, but my point still stands. If you take away a team's most important player, the expectations are obviously going to be different.

Oh yeah, for sure I agree. Like take away Gaz and you'd have GC as a bottom 8 side, possibly lower.

Think the point Koop was trying to make is your depth in the ruck depo ain't great, but as you quite rightly said Jacobs is pretty durable for a big man!

Bill Manspeaker

henry

Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2014, 08:24:33 PM
Cooney and Higgins had a sook and left because they were told that they were no certainties to be starters next year, due to the plethora of talent coming through. No loss there.

Griff is a loss, no doubt. But the improvement of the youngens + having a 40 goal forward added to the team offsets his loss. Big Boyd will free up Stringer and Crameri a bit. Our mids will cope.

I can't see any reason why we would go backwards. The Lions and Giants have added some quality though, and might leap over us. We don't even need to tank to get yet another top talent pick to add to all the rest, it'll happen whether we try or not. But with all the top end young talent coming through, we should rename ourselves GWM.
Surely you can't be expecting 40 goals out of Boyd next year, from a kid in his second season. I reckon you'd be lucky (and happy) to get 30 tbh.

meow meow

Quote from: henry on October 21, 2014, 02:01:43 AM
Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2014, 08:24:33 PM
Cooney and Higgins had a sook and left because they were told that they were no certainties to be starters next year, due to the plethora of talent coming through. No loss there.

Griff is a loss, no doubt. But the improvement of the youngens + having a 40 goal forward added to the team offsets his loss. Big Boyd will free up Stringer and Crameri a bit. Our mids will cope.

I can't see any reason why we would go backwards. The Lions and Giants have added some quality though, and might leap over us. We don't even need to tank to get yet another top talent pick to add to all the rest, it'll happen whether we try or not. But with all the top end young talent coming through, we should rename ourselves GWM.
Surely you can't be expecting 40 goals out of Boyd next year, from a kid in his second season. I reckon you'd be lucky (and happy) to get 30 tbh.

A kid in his second season kicked 22 goals in the final 9 matches for us this year so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Maybe Stringer will be the big beneficiary from Boyd coming into the team. Boyd might only kick 20, but Stringer and Crameri might kick an extra 10 each due to his presence. I think Boyd is capable of kicking 40 himself though, he's not your average 2nd year key forward and he'll get plenty of supply. Either way, I think we'll be 40 goals better off from him being down there.

Capper

The Dogs have lost a lot of talent.

18. Saints (still rebuilding)
17. Dogs (need to rebuild)
16. Carlton (Mick will leave next year)
15. Dees (have traded well but losing Frawley will hurt)

T Dog

Just not sure on GWS  :-\

15. GWS - another year maturing
16. Melbourne - rebuild
17. Western Bulldogs - rebuild
18. Essendon - Who knows ASADA result

Pkbaldy

Quote from: T Dog on October 22, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

16. Melbourne - rebuild

No Saints??  :o

T Dog

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 22, 2014, 09:16:14 AM

16. Melbourne - rebuild

Actually don't mind their list PK.. :o Think they may finish above the Blues . In 13th...big call I know  :)

Pkbaldy

Quote from: T Dog on October 22, 2014, 09:20:04 AM

16. Melbourne - rebuild

Actually don't mind their list PK.. :o Think they may finish above the Blues . In 13th...big call I know  :)

Still too young, so inconsistency will be consistent  8)  But i'd be happy with 18th to 13th in a year  :P

T Dog

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 22, 2014, 09:22:09 AM
Quote from: T Dog on October 22, 2014, 09:20:04 AM

16. Melbourne - rebuild

Still too young, so inconsistency will be consistent  8)  But i'd be happy with 18th to 13th in a year  :P

"so inconsistency will be consistent "...same issue for Bullies, Dees, GWS and Blues.  ;)

Ziplock

I'd be very surprised if giants were out of the top 12.

Purple 77

Pfft. Dees will have Hogan next year, top 4 spot beckons  :P

My Chumps

There's no really clear bottom teams this year apart from St Kilda which makes it all the more exciting. Shouldn't be as many 100+ blowouts as when GWS/GC were up and coming.