Main Menu

Alternative MRP System

Started by Ringo, October 15, 2014, 09:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-14/new-mrp-a-step-closer

This is very interesting as it looks like lower end infringements may carry fines rather than points.  The players association objects to this with financial penalties rather than reprimands.

Also note in the article the AFLPA is recommending doing away with carry over points and good and bad records with having each assessed on the match day.

Will be interesting to watch the final outcome.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2014, 09:40:44 AM
Also note in the article the AFLPA is recommending doing away with carry over points and good and bad records with having each assessed on the match day.
Please. Pleeeaaase.

Capper

Quote from: GoLions on October 15, 2014, 09:44:03 AM
Please. Pleeeaaase.
I disagree, i think they should keep it

Mailman the 2nd

I too think they should keep it, but I agree that pretty much anything thats counted as a "reprimand" should just be a fine instead

elephants

Reckon fines should be much more prevalent. Donate the money to a charity of the AFLPA's choice at the end of the season.

Most of these motherflowerers are overpaid, so make it like 20% of the match fee that way rookies are murdered.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: tabs on October 15, 2014, 01:27:10 PM
Please. Pleeeaaase.

one problem with keeping carry over points is the Brownlow. Should player A beat player B to the Brownlow in 2015 because player B had a poor record in 2014? Doesn't make sense for mine. Lets keep it simple. A player gets pinged for what he has done. For serious offences, maybe some consideration needs to be given to past record during sentencing...but carry over points generally aren't helping the situation IMO

Ziplock

Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 15, 2014, 06:42:51 PM
Please. Pleeeaaase.

one problem with keeping carry over points is the Brownlow. Should player A beat player B to the Brownlow in 2015 because player B had a poor record in 2014? Doesn't make sense for mine. Lets keep it simple. A player gets pinged for what he has done. For serious offences, maybe some consideration needs to be given to past record during sentencing...but carry over points generally aren't helping the situation IMO

Carry over points for the same incident or something?

Like if someone punches someones one week, then when they get back they trip someone, there's no carry over points, but if they punch someone again there are?

Vinny

Give them two strikes for the Brownlow. :P

Grazz

Just get a group of people that have some clue what their doing.  :P
On a serious note simplifying the system would be a good place to start and im happy with carry over points being removed and fines replacing it for the low end incidents. 

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ziplock on October 15, 2014, 07:03:24 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 15, 2014, 06:42:51 PM
Please. Pleeeaaase.

Carry over points for the same incident or something?

Like if someone punches someones one week, then when they get back they trip someone, there's no carry over points, but if they punch someone again there are?

more on the grading...If you kop a serious suspension i.e. like Vickery, then those offences should be treated differently..because they have no place on the footy field. But other offences, just get treated on an offence by offence basis. None of this early plea to get a reprimand nonsense....It's either a game or a fine. No blurring of the lines

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Vinny on October 15, 2014, 07:05:05 PM
Give them two strikes for the Brownlow. :P

Brownlow - just suspend those who have comitted certain grade offences. Everyone else is good to go